What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd 13 vs Knights the unofficial official game day thread

Gronk

Staff member
Serious qn and to be answered in a non death rider fashion only please:-

Can a side who are focused and competitive really be a chance to win a game when you lose your fullback after 3 mins and your halfback after 18 mins ?

16. Parramatta Eels (16)

A pretty diabolical performance. It was a game they would've thought was very winnable given the way Newcastle were struggling, but nothing is going right for the Eels. They have no confidence and have obviously forgotten how to win.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/06/04/jamie-sowards-power-rankings-storm-ready-to-pounce/

Eelementary

Post Whore

Can a side who are focused and competitive really be a chance to win a game when you lose your fullback after 3 mins and your halfback after 18 mins ?

16. Parramatta Eels (16)

A pretty diabolical performance. It was a game they would've thought was very winnable given the way Newcastle were struggling, but nothing is going right for the Eels. They have no confidence and have obviously forgotten how to win.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/06/04/jamie-sowards-power-rankings-storm-ready-to-pounce/

It's a good point - but honestly, Newcastle were pretty average, imo.

Losing our fullback and halfback hampered us, for sure - but I still feel we should have been able to compete better.

I think we were out-enthused.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore

16. Parramatta Eels (16)

Yes.

Kornstar

Coach
It's a good point - but honestly, Newcastle were pretty average, imo.

Losing our fullback and halfback hampered us, for sure - but I still feel we should have been able to compete better.

I think we were out-enthused.

Newcastle have the same game plan for us every time these days.

Turn up with enthusiasm and lay over us as much as possible because we have no fight in any tackles and we really struggle against enthusiasm......the referees also will only blow so many penalties.

Happy MEel

First Grade
Newcastle have the same game plan for us every time these days.

Turn up with enthusiasm and lay over us as much as possible because we have no fight in any tackles and we really struggle against enthusiasm......the referees also will only blow so many penalties.
This is spot on. I’m continually baffled by our consistent inability or refusal to wrestle in the tackle when we have the ball. It’s a no-risk 1 per center in the game that can either earn you a penalty, speed up your ruck or at the very least, give the illusion to the referee that you’re competing in the ruck. We get tackled, politely wait until they vacate themselves and then slowly get up and play the ball.

It is clearly an area that the coaching staff place little importance because we simply haven’t bothered to address it over the last 5 years.