What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Welcome to game day Dragons v Manly

Life's Good

Coach
Really happy with tonight. Our forwards punched holes through them all game.
Hunt looked dangerous as a runner & Widdop was very busy. Our goal line defence was epic considering Manly never gave up.
I think we were 2 tries short of our best but we seem to have found a touch of form.

Tuddy

Juniors
Great game. Great defence. Manly played better than their eight points indicate.

Good to see Hunt back to his best and working seamlessly with Widdop.

Mann looking really dangerous whenever he had the ball, hopefully he's got a full time gig now, he's more than just a good utility player.

Well done lads!

Frank Facer

First Grade
I was very pleased with that win. I had a smile from ear to ear with 20 minutes to go. I was thinking of all the naysayers on this forums too. lol

Hunt was back running the ball tonight and it was great to see.

Simms was close to man of the match again. I think he is the best secondrower in the comp, with Frizell not far behind.

Nightingale is a pin ball. I have got a new nickname for him, Tommy.

I will be very happy to win the minor premiership this year. I would love the Premiership even more.

Host even got close to 20 minutes game time and looked quite competent. I think he will handle the step up to first quite well. Lucky should be moved to prop, because Host is next cab off the rank for second row. I have said before, that I think Lucky's best chance of becoming a regular first grader is at prop and there will be a vacancy for him their next year, if we don't sign another decent one to replace Ah Mau. Interchange prop is probably the best way to ease Lucky into first grade.

Tom Wright has some big wraps on him, even before the season began. I think Manly should keep him 5/8 for the rest of the season. I would if I was their coach.

I think we should throw some cash at Tom Wright with their cap dramas and DiCkhEad taking up most of their cash on his own they probably wouldn’t be able to match it he’d go great on the wing

Frank Facer

First Grade
I think we should throw some cash at Tom Wright with their cap dramas and DiCkhEad taking up most of their cash on his own they probably wouldn’t be able to match it he’d go great on the wing
Tom Wright is a 5/8 or fullback. There are big wraps on him. He wouldn't be on too much coin. I think there is zero chance of Manly releasing him. He isn't off contract until the end of next year. He looks like a very good prospect. I would play him 5/8 for the rest of the year if I was Barrett.

Drag Queen

Bench
Tom Wright is a 5/8 or fullback. There are big wraps on him. He wouldn't be on too much coin. I think there is zero chance of Manly releasing him. He isn't off contract until the end of next year. He looks like a very good prospect. I would play him 5/8 for the rest of the year if I was Barrett.
Bloody agree with you. Must be the wine lol

Dragsters

First Grade
Not only that, the backline put on a few slick moves. Haven't really seen that since Darius was in the side.

Duftys passing game is really developing well and yes he's chiming in alot like boyd used to in the red v.

The whole backline were great tonight. Their best best collective game this season I reckon.

The pack made big metres and the halves combined and created well.

Great team effort.

Manly were gallant but totally outclassed today.

GO THE MIGHTIES!!!

kit66

Bench
Possibly our best defensive effort all year, Dufty's try saver was a beauty and Mann and Nightie's 2 were great as well. Manly could have scored a stack of tries but for our defence and their failure to finish off some sitters. Manly also got some dubious penalties tonight, at least 3 I don't even know what they were for.
Great effort from the boys again. Gunning for top 4, a real possibility.

Dragonsteve2

Juniors
First place all on our own on 24 points.

Best for and against out of 16 teams.

And it’s Round 16 now.

I wonder what people will complain about this week?

giboz, some of the issues that have been the cause for complaint in recent times did not occur today, the most obvious one being the better management of the bench. 20 minutes for Host at least gave him the chance for some involvement. Nighty and Mann were juggled cleverly when Aitken was off the field. Hunt, apparently fit, was a much different player to Hunt playing wounded. Back to his very strong early season form. Overall a strong team performance against an Eagles' team which put in a good effort considering their poor season, internal controversy and position on the ladder.

I was pleased with Mann's game on the wing - we will now get much better value from this talented footballer. Most of Hunt's bombs went to the left but I was delighted to see Mann up in the air to challenge for one on the right. The fact that he didn't hold it was not of great consequence - far more important that he attacked the ball. Too often it has looked like our backs are trained to tackle the ball catcher rather than challenge for the ball.

Latest posts