What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2KY & The Big Sports Breakfast

Bring back Jemma. Poor old Maddison, no matter how good looking she may or may not be, is bloody hopeless

The news is crap I don't listen to it. She only does a few headlines then she is off. She stuffs up a bit.

The best newsreader on there is Leanne West. She is clear and rarely stuffs up. But I would rather look at Maddison if I am watching the show.

Brutus

Referee
Leeane West used yo do Sports Tonight on channel 10 in the 90's.

Sort of a back up for Tim Webster.

MilkShark

First Grade
What is your main beef with him?
He is incapable of giving an honest opinion on a lot NRL discussions either because he doesn't want to be a hypocrite (especially on coach related topics) or because he lacks the knowledge. I think there is a very very large misconception that ex league greats will make a great league commentator / coach. There are any number of examples I could give.

I don't get his sense of humor.

He talks over the top of people.

Whino

Bench
He is incapable of giving an honest opinion on a lot NRL discussions either because he doesn't want to be a hypocrite (especially on coach related topics) or because he lacks the knowledge. I think there is a very very large misconception that ex league greats will make a great league commentator / coach. There are any number of examples I could give.

I don't get his sense of humor.

He talks over the top of people.

Laurie is a nice guy but he won't personally criticise anybody. He has too many friends in the NRL.
I get annoyed with him fluffing up the Newspaper headlines with um's and arr's.
His constant defence or praise of Woods, Hayne, and Farah are tedious and unwarrented.
Once the league season stops and the cricket gets under way Laurie will struggle big time.
I would take Laurie over that narcissus know all Jimmy Smith any day but give me choice between Laurie and Matty Burke I would take Burkey in a heartbeat.
TK is another story.

MilkShark

First Grade
Laurie is a nice guy but he won't personally criticise anybody. He has too many friends in the NRL.

Exactly that. He is always on the fence and will never get his actual opinion. Of any sport he should have an opinion about league and its his job to give it. But because of his history / his friends or whatever it is, he doesn't give an honest opinion.

Mr Saab

Referee
Re Daley i listen more with him on the show than Slater who was a one trick pony and completely detached from the show in the last few yrs. Yes he has his boys he defends but i can put up with that as opposed to Slater and everything being linked to bloody cricket

MilkShark

First Grade
Re Daley i listen more with him on the show than Slater who was a one trick pony and completely detached from the show in the last few yrs. Yes he has his boys he defends but i can put up with that as opposed to Slater and everything being linked to bloody cricket
And instead of cricket we get horse boring, not sure about everyone else but I couldn't give a damn about horse racing.

I tried it again this morning but I just can't i'll be switching off from tomorrow.

Whino

Bench
Horse racing is not my thing either. To be expected given the network the show is on. I usually turn the radio off when its horsie talk.

So do I.
Although I get a chuckle when TK tries to overemphasise horse racing news during the quiet months of the racing season.

Whino

Bench
And instead of cricket we get horse boring, not sure about everyone else but I couldn't give a damn about horse racing.

I tried it again this morning but I just can't i'll be switching off from tomorrow.

If you don't like the whole show you can skip it but listen to a podcast interview later on.

I couldn't listen to the whole show.

http://bigsportsbreakfast.com.au/index.php?component=podcast&task=channelpodcast&Itemid=208&id=40
That way you can skip out the crap.

Mr Saab

Referee
Horse racing is just an unfortunate bi product of the station the show is on. Sunday is 10000 x worse with Ray Thomas. Zzzzzz fest. Much better when it was Clark and Smith.