What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2018 Jerseys/Logos/Sponsorships

Status
Not open for further replies.

greenBV4

Bench
Why does Brisbane wear their WIL jersey the week after WIL? I know it’s not just the Broncos but it was last week
Im guessing because they couldn't last week because of a clash
But still they should of either designed the jersey not to clash with who they were going to play (have both teams submit designs beforehand) or just not bother with it

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Broncos 6 - Home, Away, Heritage, Indigenous, Women in League, Neon
Raiders 5 - Home, Away, Indigenous, Women in League, Ricky Stuart Fdn
Bulldogs 3* - Home, Away, Indigenous
Sharks 4 - Home, Away, Indigenous, Kokoda
Titans 4 - Home, Away, Heritage, Indigenous
Manly 5 - Home, Away, Indigenous, Women in League, Maori
Storm 6 - Home, Away, Heritage, Indigenous, Women in League, ANZAC
Knights 6 - Home, Away, Heritage, Women in League, MHF, Indigenous
Cowboys 4 - Home, Away, Women in League, Indigenous
Eels 5 - Home, Away, Heritage, Foundation, Indigenous
Panthers 4 - Home, Away, Alternate, Indigenous
Dragons 4 - Home, Away, Indigenous, ANZAC
Rabbitohs 6 - Home, Away, Indigenous, ANZAC, Women in League, Alternate
Roosters 5 - Home, Away, Heritage, Indigenous, ANZAC
Warriors 5 - Home, Away, Heritage, Indigenous, Women in League
Wests Tigers 5 - Home, Away, Members, Indigenous, ANZAC

* have an alternate (all blue with white vees) and 'dogs of war' (mostly black) but haven't worn either.

So the average seems to be 4 or 5 with a few teams having six. Chance are I've forgotten a couple too.
Went one further than this to break down which jerseys were worn each round.

Counts up to Round 22

Main jersey:
17 Raiders
16 Sharks
14 Eels
13 Dragons
11 Bulldogs Cowboys Roosters
10 Broncos Titans
9 Storm Manly Knights Panthers Tigers
8 Souths
7 Warriors

Away jersey:
10 Panthers Rabbitohs
9 Bulldogs Manly Warriors
8 Titans Cowboys
7 Storm
6 Knights Dragons Roosters Tigers
2 Sharks Eels
1 Broncos Raiders

Heritage:
7 Broncos
3 Eels Warriors
2 Roosters Storm
1 Titans Knights

Indigenous:
2 Broncos Sharks Titans
1 everyone else

Last edited:

sempmrh

Juniors

Counts up to Round 22

Main jersey:
17 Raiders
16 Sharks
14 Eels
13 Dragons
10 Broncos Titans Storm
9 Manly Knights Panthers Tigers
8 Souths
7 Warriors

Away jersey:
10 Panthers Rabbitohs
8 Titans Cowboys
7 Storm
2 Sharks Eels
1 Broncos Raiders

Heritage:
7 Broncos
3 Eels Warriors
2 Roosters
1 Titans Storm Knights

Indigenous:
2 Broncos Sharks Titans
1 everyone else

Storm wore the 20 year heritage jersey twice.

mistertaylor

Juniors
The colour set on the Broncos WIL strip tonight (navy & magenta) would make an interesting permanent strip for a future expansion franchise I reckon.

Counts up to Round 22

Main jersey:
17 Raiders
16 Sharks
14 Eels
13 Dragons
10 Broncos Titans
9 Storm Manly Knights Panthers Tigers
8 Souths
7 Warriors

Away jersey:
10 Panthers Rabbitohs
8 Titans Cowboys
7 Storm
2 Sharks Eels
1 Broncos Raiders

Heritage:
7 Broncos
3 Eels Warriors
2 Roosters Storm
1 Titans Knights

Indigenous:
2 Broncos Sharks Titans
1 everyone else

Raiders have worn their Women In League jersey twice

Timmah

Staff member
Raiders have worn their Women In League jersey twice
I'm aware there are more jerseys worn that what I quoted, but they were so wide and varied I didn't go beyond Heritage and Indigenous. Off the top of my head

- Women in League (seven clubs)
- Stay Kind (two clubs)
- ANZAC (five clubs?)
- MHF Beanie (Knights)
- Members (Wests Tigers)
- Kokoda (Sharks)
- Ricky Stuart Foundation (Raiders)

Timmah

Staff member
Why does Brisbane wear their WIL jersey the week after WIL? I know it’s not just the Broncos but it was last week
It is just the Broncos, all the other clubs with a WiL jersey wore them last week.

It should be fairly evident why they didn't wear it last week:

2018northQueenslandCowboysWomenInLeagueMens-front.jpg
Brisbane_Broncos_2018_Women_In_League_Jersey_159_s_m_l_xl_2xl_3xl_4xl_5xl_7xl_all_2_1024x1024.jpg

Diesel

Referee
It is just the Broncos, all the other clubs with a WiL jersey wore them last week.

Brisbane_Broncos_2018_Women_In_League_Jersey_159_s_m_l_xl_2xl_3xl_4xl_5xl_7xl_all_2_1024x1024.jpg
Makes sense, however the NRL or clubs really need to make sure jerseys don’t clash for themed rounds, it kind of takes the piss when (in past years) WIL jerseys are worn either the week before, week of or week after depending on when they play at home

Frailty

First Grade
Makes sense, however the NRL or clubs really need to make sure jerseys don’t clash for themed rounds, it kind of takes the piss when (in past years) WIL jerseys are worn either the week before, week of or week after depending on when they play at home

To be honest, it doesn't take the piss as much when you consider who plays the game during WIL round.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade

I f*ckin hate that the only thing teams can come up with for the WIL round is "let's wear pink. bitches love pink".

It is lazy, insulting to the concept and they all clash because they are the same f*cking colour.

Thats not even mentioning that they become unrecognisable. Take the club logo off the Broncos jumper and no one in the world would know who they are...

Frailty

First Grade
I f*ckin hate that the only thing teams can come up with for the WIL round is "let's wear pink. bitches love pink".

It is lazy, insulting to the concept and they all clash because they are the same f*cking colour.

Thats not even mentioning that they become unrecognisable. Take the club logo off the Broncos jumper and no one in the world would know who they are...

I was actually discussing this earlier today. The idea that everything being pink is ridiculous if it has no clear partnership with the McGrath Foundation, etc. If anything it just carries on a stupid gender stereotype - pink is not something that represents women. Thankfully some teams, i.e. Canberra, have started to buck that trend a little.

Timmah

Staff member
I think Canberra and the Roosters have problem honed in on what WIL is about, not just token colours but actually recognising women directly or in a meaningful way. The names in the sponsor zone for the Roosters and the wording on the Raiders jersey (inclusion respect etc) are things other clubs need to consider.

I'd almost go so far as to say that the Women in League round as a concept is due to go the way of heritage round, that is to disappear and clubs can pay specific tributes randomly at their own time. With the advent of the WNRL I think it's a bit tokenistic anyway.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
I think Canberra and the Roosters have problem honed in on what WIL is about, not just token colours but actually recognising women directly or in a meaningful way. The names in the sponsor zone for the Roosters and the wording on the Raiders jersey (inclusion respect etc) are things other clubs need to consider.

I'd almost go so far as to say that the Women in League round as a concept is due to go the way of heritage round, that is to disappear and clubs can pay specific tributes randomly at their own time. With the advent of the WNRL I think it's a bit tokenistic anyway.

I think one we will start to see in the future is the mans team wearing the design of the womens team for a round.

It would be a nice gesture and give that brand exposure. They would just need to make it very clear what the jersey is referencing

beave

Coach

I’d say jerseys are designed and approved well in advance of the draw being released. Would be hard to avoid clashes when you dont know who you are playing for the next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.