What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Team

Jono078

Referee
Can anyone pinpoint where our fortunes changed?

For me it is the 2004 game against the Eels where Joey and Seage both did their ACL.

Or maybe it was a season or two prior where Johns had the neck injury against the Dragons in what I think was a finals game?

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
Can anyone pinpoint where our fortunes changed?

For me it is the 2004 game against the Eels where Joey and Seage both did their ACL.

Or maybe it was a season or two prior where Johns had the neck injury against the Dragons in what I think was a finals game?
I remember that game well, we started the year with back to back wins over the Panthers (who were defending premiers) and the Storm and we had a star studded team that was pretty much at the peak of its powers. That 2004 game v the Eels was the first game I ever attended, and things have been generally very poor since then. So you can thank me for somehow cursing the team for the last 20 years.

Jono078

Referee
I’ve been vocal in my support of Smith and what he was able to achieve in a short time here with some relatively crap resources.

He did the job that needed to be done and actually got some good results along the way, oh and we were exciting to watch.

Smith was an X's and Os coach but an awful man manager. His success rate getting to GFs and his failure rate in those GFs is staggering

The perfect assist coach imo.

Jono078

Referee
It’s funny I remember there used to be uproars about his communication and how he’d text players. He was almost ahead of his times.

I could picture him texting Ponga every day, asking to catch up over a strawberry shake.

Knight Tales

Bench
It’s funny I remember there used to be uproars about his communication and how he’d text players. He was almost ahead of his times.

I could picture him texting Ponga every day, asking to catch up over a strawberry shake.
Imagine the attack he would have formed around KP though!

Yosh

Coach
When Ponga comes back and we get back to full strength, our full squad looks like:

1. Miller
2. Young
3. Gagai
4. Best
5. Marzhew
6. Ponga
7. Hastings
8. Saifiti
9. Brailey
10. Saifiti
11. Fitzgibbon
12. Frizzell
13. Gamble

14. Elliot
15. Croker
16. Hetherington
17. Thompson

18. Jones
19. Mann
20. Johns
21. Lucas
22. Cant
23. Rivett

Something like this? Wish we had more attacking edge forwards...

ryan.a87

Juniors
When Ponga comes back and we get back to full strength, our full squad looks like:

1. Miller
2. Young
3. Gagai
4. Best
5. Marzhew
6. Ponga
7. Hastings
8. Saifiti
9. Brailey
10. Saifiti
11. Fitzgibbon
12. Frizzell
13. Gamble

14. Elliot
15. Croker
16. Hetherington
17. Thompson

18. Jones
19. Mann
20. Johns
21. Lucas
22. Cant
23. Rivett

Something like this? Wish we had more attacking edge forwards...
Obviously you don’t watch them train, otherwise you’d know Crossland is one of the hardest trainers and deserves a spot.

mozza91

Coach
Yeah I feel for Gamble because he’s been so much better than I thought he’d be. That cut out for the 2nd Marzhew try was brilliant, I didn’t think he was capable of that.

But once Ponga is back he probably goes back to Cup with Mann going to 14.

Yosh

Coach
I believe Elliot can play 13 or fill in at hooker. Crossland does work hard but he doesn't offer anything from hooker. If he isn't going to offer anything, I'd rather rest Brailey 10 minutes a game and have Elliot fill in.

Start with 9. Brailey and 13. Gamble and then bring on Elliot for Gamble first, being Gamble back on and give Brailey a short rest and then Elliot can go off for Brailey again.

Mann can be 18th man. I want Crossland to succeed but he really isn't good enough for a team trying to make the 8. Crossland has played 10 more NRL games than Gamble. One looks like he belongs while one still fumbles around.

Latest posts