What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Jerseys, Sponsorship, Logos discussion etc

hrundi99

First Grade
The shadow of the football is there. I'm usually all for simplification but there's just something about it I don't love. Maybe it's the green eyes. I know we're "Greeneyed" but it just looks weird to me.

Nuke

Staff member
The green eyes are unnecessary. White would suffice, and would actually look better.
I also think the removal of the shadow inside the horns is a backward step.

I’m hating the new logo less the more I see it but I think they’ve stepped too far with the minimalism. Maybe about halfway between the recent version and the new one would be good. The worst part is that they’ve gotten rid of the football on the helmet. A true crime if there ever was one
Kick ‘em out of the comp!

yakstorm

First Grade
Not a fan of the simplification of the logo either, especially the coloured version of it.

The shrinking of the beard makes the helmet seek too big for the Raiders head and the green eyes are unnecessary.

The mono versions of the logo are better than the coloured and it feels like that was how this logo was designed.

flippikat

Bench
On another tack (away from the Raiders branding revamp)...

What other teams are looking likely to have logo or jersey changes for 2024?

I know the Warriors are going from Puma to Dynasty, so it'll be cool to see what happens with a change of supplier there.. but anything else confirmed?

As an aside.. all the NZ Super Rugby teams are switching from Adidas to Dynasty, and the announcement from Dynasty refers to looking at things like retro/heritage jerseys in that competition, which has been a much neglected thing over in that game.

steeden.

Juniors
As an aside.. all the NZ Super Rugby teams are switching from Adidas to Dynasty, and the announcement from Dynasty refers to looking at things like retro/heritage jerseys in that competition, which has been a much neglected thing over in that game.
They’re going with classic aren’t they?

flippikat

Bench
They’re going with classic aren’t they?

Sorry.. yeah crossed wires, it was classic for Super Rugby..

Still, It'll be interesting to see if the push into retro gear there spurs more retro in the NRL - I know there's a lot of fan gear available, but will be interesting to see if it nudges NRL teams towards dusting-off some old designs.. especially the likes of the Tigers and Titans who have a wealth of Balmain, Wests & various GC designs worth considering.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Warriors' home and away strips have been the same for two seasons and Melbourne have had the same home jersey for three now, and generally have gone at least two years with recent away designs. Not following what you mean here

Nuke

Staff member
Maybe it's one of those things like the weather. "It's 13.6° right now, but 'feels like' 11°". Maybe it feels like they change jerseys more often than they do.

kdalymc

Bench
Warriors' home and away strips have been the same for two seasons and Melbourne have had the same home jersey for three now, and generally have gone at least two years with recent away designs. Not following what you mean here
my left nut says at least 1 will have a new strip

MugaB

Coach
my left nut says at least 1 will have a new strip
My right one says you're right, i think dynasty is the warriors new apparel merchant, their designs are a lot better than the classic or puma designers, i absolutely hate the current warriors design, i love the colors but the design is absolute shitehaüsen..
Melbourne just need more purple, the more purple the better

flippikat

Bench
My right one says you're right, i think dynasty is the warriors new apparel merchant, their designs are a lot better than the classic or puma designers, i absolutely hate the current warriors design, i love the colors but the design is absolute shitehaüsen..
Melbourne just need more purple, the more purple the better

Yeah, Melbourne need more purple - not just to distinguish themselves from the existing navy-dominated & black-dominated teams, but they're the only team that has purple (not maroon, actual purple!) in their palette so why not emphasize it more?

Same with Tigers & orange, but I've raised that before.

The current Warriors jersey has no flow, no curve to the V - and it's a horribly blocky take on the 1995 original. If Dynasty can fix that, it's a great first step.. bonus if a green alternate is somewhere in the jersey range too.

yakstorm

First Grade
They are wearing it this week, but Dolphins have confirmed that this jersey will be worn in 2024

230822-kennybromwich-blackjersey.jpg

flippikat

Bench
They are wearing it this week, but Dolphins have confirmed that this jersey will be worn in 2024

If that's also a play to troll Norths AND the Perth bid, they're doing a good job of it.

steeden.

Juniors

I wonder if this is to do with the announcement about Anglo replacing Foxi as lower back sponsor? cause the boss of Foxi is in a bit of grief and maybe it’s easier to spin this as a 2024 kit and not draw attention to another dodgy NRL sponsor