What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Jerseys, Sponsorship, Logos discussion etc

Dawesy76

Juniors
Broncos have been selling the old super league/retro 98 jersey on their website recently. Few people in the know (leaked the city jersey) on other forums say that’s going to be the retro jersey next year. Have my doubts because it’s not an anniversary for that jersey is it? If so, this year would have been the year (25 years since 98).

They need to stop being cowards and give us the aqua jersey.

kdalymc

Bench
retro jersey next year. Have my doubts because it’s not an anniversary for that jersey is it? If so, this year would have been the year (25 years since 98).
do u mean heritage?
and obviously the years dont add up but maybe they were testing the waters with the retro to see if worth wearing it.
we've actually already done that one anyway- that VERY POORLY executed version of this one in 2014 (?) for no real reason

Dawesy76

Juniors
do u mean heritage?
and obviously the years dont add up but maybe they were testing the waters with the retro to see if worth wearing it.
we've actually already done that one anyway- that VERY POORLY executed version of this one in 2014 (?) for no real reason
Yeah it was ordinary that one.

Victoire

Juniors
As a Dragons supporter it's been a long time since I've had to worry about this... but does anyone know the protocol on when new major sponsors are typically announced? Do they need to wait until the end of the current rear (ie Nov 1) or not? Just wondering if we have are waiting for this, or have we simply not acquired one yet

Frailty

First Grade
As a Dragons supporter it's been a long time since I've had to worry about this... but does anyone know the protocol on when new major sponsors are typically announced? Do they need to wait until the end of the current rear (ie Nov 1) or not? Just wondering if we have are waiting for this, or have we simply not acquired one yet
I don't think there are any rules regarding a specific date, but most teams that change will announce it at some stage in the offseason. I believe the Panthers release about Oak Plus in June specifically mentioned the new front of jersey sponsor would be announced after the season.

Most teams would like to have their 2024 jerseys ready for Christmas, so you will generally know by the start of December if a new sponsor has been lined up.

Victoire

Juniors
I don't think there are any rules regarding a specific date, but most teams that change will announce it at some stage in the offseason. I believe the Panthers release about Oak Plus in June specifically mentioned the new front of jersey sponsor would be announced after the season.

Most teams would like to have their 2024 jerseys ready for Christmas, so you will generally know by the start of December if a new sponsor has been lined up.
Cheers. Will give them the benefit of the doubt until then. With St George being such a long-time sponsor it could be seen as disrespectful to announce something early

Saint Doc

Coach
Bank sponsorship is due to end at the conclusion of 2024. Unless the club have found a new sponsor and release the bank early, it will be another 12 months

Saint Doc

Coach
Happy the Dragon was the Dragons mascot even back in the Penfolds-era of the St George Dragons.
I believe that was still a sponsorship arrangement, even though they weren’t major sponsor.
It’s a small thing but I hope the club negotiate with the bank to keep using Happy Dragon, he’s been a fairly iconic feature of the Dragons for 30+ years.
There are so rumours Westpac will eventually wind up the St George Bank brand (hence aggressive Westpac advertising with Origin etc, and ending most St George Bank sponsorships)- if that’s the case, Dragons should negotiate a clause to keep the happy dragons mascot as their own

steeden.

Juniors
They need to stop being cowards and give us the aqua jersey.
I’d take any of the three aqua designs we’ve had but the 2001 Ergon one is surely the most iconic.

then again they have sign off from Traveland for the retro diamonds so maybe we get a World 7s?

Tonza

Juniors
New Queensland state of origin jersey
Not the Reds new jersey 😕
Has W left the blues for a winner ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230919_161906_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20230919_161906_Instagram.jpg
    194.6 KB · Views: 25

yakstorm

First Grade
New Queensland state of origin jersey
Not the Reds new jersey 😕
Has W left the blues for a winner ?
NSW Blues sponsorship was till 2026 (4 years), whilst the Queensland is 3, so they line up nicely.

So we now have the same partners for NSW & Queensland for apparel (Puma), major sponsor (Westpac), Sleeve (Lion Nathan), Fast Food partner (McDonalds).

Latest posts