What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Finals Week 2 vs Warriors @ Go Media Stadium, Penrose / Aotearoa

Who will win? Finals Week 2: Warriors v Newcastle

• Warriors 13+

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Warriors 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle Knights 1-12

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

perverse

Referee
That is a massive hit. I really don't like our chances now. They're just going to motor over us in the middle.

Frederick

Staff member
Guys, guys, hear me out...

...3 man bench.

Who's with me???

Woody90

Juniors
While I don’t like Jones in the side, one positive is that DSaf is really poor defensively when he’s fatigued and there will definitely be fatigue creep in after last game. Could see the Warriors/SJ making a lot of breaks through the middle against him.

Jones is tidy defensively, but yeah, won’t make any impact. Good thing is Warriors bench isn’t massive either.

Apey

Staff member
We weren't going to win the forward battle anyway I guess is the best way I can look at it. Now we'll be losing it by more. Hoping our forwards can do enough to hold on and let the backs do their job because besides SJ vs Clune (obviously) our backline is our significant advantage.

Yosh

Coach
Damn... Just this week or is he gone for the season? We're pretty thin in the middle as it is. Jack is going to play the game of his life for us this weekend.

Woody90

Juniors
I’m gonna look at it positively and say that the rest of the pack will all put in extra to make up for the loss (they were all a bit lazy last week so can definitely go up a gear).

At the end of the day DSaf wasn’t going to be the difference between winning and losing. We weren’t going to win the forward battle anyway and DSaf wasn’t going to change that alone. He’s just not that good. He should be the difference based on what we’re paying him, but he isn’t. Need to play smart and run their forwards around if we’re any chance.

mozza91

Coach
Warriors haven’t played their best in a couple of months. All the expectation and pressure is on them. I’m pretty confident we can cause a boil over. Our attack can trouble anyone and is very hard to stop when we’ve got momentum.

SamSepi0l

Juniors
Warriors have been average for a while. I think the "Warriors forwards" thing is a trope. AFB is excellent. Outside of that what are we worried about in the forward battle? Tohu is classy but not a huge issue with his carries. Their bench is light. Their middles are less than the Raiders.

Latest posts