What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Finals Week 2 vs Warriors @ Go Media Stadium, Penrose / Aotearoa

Who will win? Finals Week 2: Warriors v Newcastle

• Warriors 13+

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Warriors 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle Knights 1-12

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Yosh

Coach
Webster on his radio interview said that SJ would play if he plays or won't if he can't. Didn't sound confident at all.

Loose Cannon

Bench
Webster on his radio interview said that SJ would play if he plays or won't if he can't. Didn't sound confident at all.
Sudden death. They need to risk him. We played a busted Hastings last week, but we didn’t need to.

Walker isn’t a show runner like Clune can be.

PhilGould

Bench
Easy to say risk him but a bad calf is more a matter of when rather than if it'll break down again unless fully healed. The fact he's training by himself and still has boxes to tick 2 days out from the game says he's not going to be 100% in any case.

He was already carrying it when the team was named last week and they didn't bother naming Volkman either. Then when he hurt it again at training they still had half a week to request to bring him in (which would've been granted without a problem) but they didn't. Clearly they think Walker is a better option.

Exsilium

First Grade
Easy to say risk him but a bad calf is more a matter of when rather than if it'll break down again unless fully healed. The fact he's training by himself and still has boxes to tick 2 days out from the game says he's not going to be 100% in any case.

He was already carrying it when the team was named last week and they didn't bother naming Volkman either. Then when he hurt it again at training they still had half a week to request to bring him in (which would've been granted without a problem) but they didn't. Clearly they think Walker is a better option.

Put him on the bench if you have to risk him at all. If the game is on the line and he only needs to inject himself, it could work but its risky either way.

He's the heart of the team, if he puts the boots on come game day, it'll be immense for the team.

Woody90

Juniors
He’ll play.

And tbh as much as I want to win, I hope he does. Would be devastating for NZ for the Warriors to get a home final and SJ not play. At 33 he may not get another one. We can still beat them with him if we play to our ability. Will be a lot harder but we’re not going to get through Brisbane if we need SJ to be out to beat the Warriors.

Also what’s with all the halfbacks going down at the pointy end of the season? Of the 4 games this week, Knights and Storm will be without their starting halfbacks and talk of SJ.

Burwood

Bench
I don’t think it matters if Johnson plays or not. The last 3 months we’ve been in top form and have been getting stronger each game.

Even last week against the raiders we were comprehensively beaten in every single metric, had 43% of possession and somehow still found a way to win.

The way I see it, the pressure is completely off us from now on- we’ve won at home in front of a sellout crowd where we were expected to win comfortably and have well and truly exceeded any expectations on us. Now NZ have the pressure of expectations, being heavy favourites, disappointing a home crowd, and not going out in straight sets. Bring it on.

Knight Tales

Bench
I am doubtful SJ plays. And if he does That calf is not going hold up to 80 mins of SF pace. Their attack will be through the middle. Same as Raiders. Simply put a game plan of moving the ball as we have been should be enough. Last week was stage fright. But we came back and that doesn’t happen prior to this run of form. Our ceiling is far from hit.

Last edited:

ryan.a87

Juniors
Hypothetically, if we win, do you risk hastings again next week? Or just assume he is out for the year?

Yosh

Coach
Hypothetically, if we win, do you risk hastings again next week? Or just assume he is out for the year?
Clune has been doing great so I'd play it safe and let Clune finish the season. Mann at halfback for one game went okay but I don't want to see it happen again this season.

Woody90

Juniors

Id assume out for the year. No way we can risk him injuring it again by half time like last week. We were lucky to get away with that.

PhilGould

Bench
Confirmed by the club now.

Great news not having to worry about DSaf (lazy and bad). Brodie Jones will surely put him to shame with another classic high effort, high impact performance!

Latest posts