What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Crowd Watch

Jordan23

Juniors
Might be unpopular with die hard St George fans but really the Dragons should be playing 9 games at Win a year minimum.
17k yesterday after 2 bad losses compared to 9k after a good win
Best chance of a 25k stadium redevelopment than in Sydney
The people of the Illawarra deserve a stadium not pieced together like Lego

The saints have done enough pandering to the Steelers. First they dumped a great coach in David Waite for freaking Andrew Farrar. That was like downgrading from mastermind to tiddlywinks. Then down the road saints fans had to endure 8 years of that drunk Paul McGregor. Enough.

Better to ditch the Illawarra name from the title and remove the stench of defeat the Steelers have anchored the club with for 25 years now.

Trading in their socks for Illawarra’s. A sacrifice not given enough credit

final say

Juniors
Might be unpopular with die hard St George fans but really the Dragons should be playing 9 games at Win a year minimum.
Redevelope win, with most games there and play Rabbits, Roosters and Tigers at alliance.

RedVee

First Grade
16245 would round to 16 not 17 and on Easter.
9 after a 38-0 drubbing not a good win.

But yes, I think Wollongong as a regional City deserves a stadium with greater capacity. Something approaching the one Newcastle got would be nice. WIN is controlled by the Stadiums NSW body that looks after multiple stadiums in NSW. I wonder if the view to the sea is the stumbling block? There was talk a few years ago that the southern stand needed replacement, the gossip was there was a plan to replace with a copy of one of the other two stands so it would make it look like it belonged.

No A League team in the region is probably against it in the short term.

Warriors Fever

Juniors
That's the worst team in the comp( 3 floggings by poor opposition) zero reason for optimism..zero. if your a titans fan, the only thing more painful than watching them is paying for it.
And the Dolphins are new( probably have the least support in the comp) there support is geographically limited as they are new( not exactly flying either! Not in anyone's top 8)
There's no rivalry whatsoever, these things take time.
13k is a relief!
Hard to say the dolphins have the least fans in the comp. Their crowd figures might suggest otherwise.

yakstorm

First Grade
The only problem with WIN is you'd pretty much need to bulldoze it and start again, it's been that badly put together.

The Northern stand is pieces from the old aquatic centre grandstand used for the 2000 Olympics, hacked together like a bad mechano set, the Southern stand is just old and there isn't much that can be done with it, whilst the new Western Grandstand wasn't even built to spec (it was originally designed to be 120m long, but due to budget cuts it was shrunk to 105m wide, with the build just compressed).

final say

Juniors
Hard to say the dolphins have the least fans in the comp. Their crowd figures might suggest otherwise.
Thier crowd figures are indicative of being a brand new club. Every club gets a bump in their formative years, have a look at the Titans or any new club really, that and they have a great stadium ( the best actually) within easy commute of 2 million rl heartland with only 1 other club..
The Dolphins haven't captured f all fans outside of greater Brisbane

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
The Broncos ticketek person is dropping the ball slightly.

Cheaper seats (corner and behind post categories) have already sold down to single seats for our round 7 and 9 games against the Raiders and Roosters. Level 7 should be opened now so that families can purchase those cheaper seats rather than have to fork out for sideline ($258 for 2A&2J) or diamond ($528 for 2A&2J) categories. Both games are currently looking like 28,000 sold.

These ticket sales are crazy and I haven't seen presales like this since the last few rounds in 2011 which was Lockyer's retirement year.

With good form and weather we could see no Broncos crowds below 30,000 if these trends continue. Even round 14 against Cronulla is selling quite well, and I would have expected that to be our smallest crowd (or the Raiders game). No disrespect to Cronulla or Canberra, we just don't really have a big rivalry with them.

Last edited:

Desert Qlder

First Grade

Cheaper seats (corner and behind post categories) have already sold down to single seats for our round 7 and 9 games against the Raiders and Roosters. Level 7 should be opened now so that families can purchase those cheaper seats rather than have to fork out for sideline ($258 for 2A&2J) or diamond ($528 for 2A&2J) categories. Both games are currently looking like 28,000 sold.

These ticket sales are crazy and I haven't seen presales like this since the last few rounds in 2011 which was Lockyer's retirement year.

With good form and weather we could see no Broncos crowds below 30,000 if these trends continue. Even round 14 against Cronulla is selling quite well, and I would have expected that to be our smallest crowd (or the Raiders game). No disrespect to Cronulla or Canberra, we just don't really have a big rivalry with them.
What is your educated estimate of Brisbane's crowd average this year?

There is potential for larger than normal crowds against clubs like Penrith, Canterbury and St. George. Interested in where you think it'll end up?

Dark Corner

Juniors
Two poor crowds on Saturday.

No excuses.

BUT I'll give them anyway.

WIN is tapped out as a stadium and will struggle to hold much more than yesterday's crowd.

As for the Tits, they are in a huge hole, and I suspect most fans don't care for Hasler and believe he is dead man walking already.
I was thinking 11,000 for St.Gong so I'm happy with what they got today but Titans....I don't know.

Vlad59

Juniors

That’s insane.

Steel Saints

Juniors

The saints have done enough pandering to the Steelers. First they dumped a great coach in David Waite for freaking Andrew Farrar. That was like downgrading from mastermind to tiddlywinks. Then down the road saints fans had to endure 8 years of that drunk Paul McGregor. Enough.

Better to ditch the Illawarra name from the title and remove the stench of defeat the Steelers have anchored the club with for 25 years now.

If the Saints are so great, why merge with the Steelers in the first place?

Iamback

Coach
Looked more. Still a solid crowd. And the Dragons did the right thing by winning at home. Always good for a few more next time.

Some places don't count seats sold only those who attended. Could of been the case with people away. Likely the 18k someone mentioned were sold but people away for Easter etc

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
What is your educated estimate of Brisbane's crowd average this year?

There is potential for larger than normal crowds against clubs like Penrith, Canterbury and St. George. Interested in where you think it'll end up?

I'll have a crack on the basis that we are around about the top six (or exciting form), and there are no off field scandals, horrific weather events, etc.

Round 2 v Souths: 35,507
Round 4 v Cowboys: 45,793

I think the below figures are possible:

Round 6 v Dolphins: 46-48k (stadium members to show for this)
Round 7 v Raiders: 30-32k
Round 9 v Roosters: 35-37k (could be a surprise 40k if the media goes mental)
Round 12 v Titans: 40-42k (Sunday - might sell out but stadium members will be shithouse)
Round 14 v Sharks: 29-31k (I'd like the club to offer junior redemptions for this game. It's a Saturday night game in June, if they do we could see something like 34k)
Round 18 v Penrith: 43-45k
Round 19 v Dragons: 32-35k (if the Dragons are in the eight it could be more like 38k)
Round 21 v Bulldogs: 30-32k (if the Bulldogs go on a roll this could be anything)
Round 25 v Parra: 32-35k
Round 27 v Melbourne: 36-40k (a Thursday)

Average: 36,000 - 38,000.

Would have LOVED to have a home game against the Warriors, that would have been another 38-42k.

jim_57

Staff member
Some places don't count seats sold only those who attended. Could of been the case with people away. Likely the 18k someone mentioned were sold but people away for Easter etc

I thought most if not all clubs/venues do it that way. I have heard Penrith count tickets sold, not sure how true that is but judging by them getting the same crowd for every sellout last year it probably is but I think they’re the outlier.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Back in the day the Broncos used to show the tickets sold and the attendance on the big screen. I remember specifically a game against the Roosters in 2014 - the crowd was 33k but 38k were sold.

At the same time they reiterated that if you couldn't go, you could pass on your ticket or membership to someone else to attend.

I'd like the Broncos to announce ticket sales figures for each game again.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
I'll have a crack on the basis that we are around about the top six (or exciting form), and there are no off field scandals, horrific weather events, etc.

Round 2 v Souths: 35,507
Round 4 v Cowboys: 45,793

I think the below figures are possible:

Round 6 v Dolphins: 46-48k (stadium members to show for this)
Round 7 v Raiders: 30-32k
Round 9 v Roosters: 35-37k (could be a surprise 40k if the media goes mental)
Round 12 v Titans: 40-42k (Sunday - might sell out but stadium members will be shithouse)
Round 14 v Sharks: 29-31k (I'd like the club to offer junior redemptions for this game. It's a Saturday night game in June, if they do we could see something like 34k)
Round 18 v Penrith: 43-45k
Round 19 v Dragons: 32-35k (if the Dragons are in the eight it could be more like 38k)
Round 21 v Bulldogs: 30-32k (if the Bulldogs go on a roll this could be anything)
Round 25 v Parra: 32-35k
Round 27 v Melbourne: 36-40k (a Thursday)

Average: 36,000 - 38,000.

Would have LOVED to have a home game against the Warriors, that would have been another 38-42k.
Excellent to see it laid out like that. No doubt your estimates will be pretty close to the mark.

I am that die-hard St. George supporter, even to the point where I refuse to call them Dragons, we are St.George or The Saints, just like the logo I had on my jumper I wore around the farm till it fell apart as an 8 year old, which had the knight St. George slaying the Dragon not running alongside to it like on the modern jumper. And don`t start me on that cartoon Dragon on the modern jumper. Sooner we piss St. George bank off the better and get us a real Dragon.
HST, 9, 10 at Win, that`s fine by me, just give us a couple of big games at Allianz.

nko11

Juniors
That’s a terrible crowd. I know Titans aren’t doing well but how many QLD derbies do they honestly get? They want another team.
Aren't doing well is a bit of an understatement, mate the Titans have been terrible for 13 years. Parra had one year in 2018 of running 16th (after coming 4th the year prior and making a semi) and averaged 11,175. The fact we averaged 17k last year running 14th - doesn't get enough credit and I think is one of the best of example of the strength of the comp right now. Give the Titans 2 years of being a consistent top 8 side and the second year there wouldn't be a sub 20k crowd. Give us a 4 year run like this:
1711841789266.png
and we'd rarely get below 18k again. Our brand has been a joke pretty much since inception. Give us a period of success and you'll see the actual size of the club and fanbase. Not an attack on the Eels, they get great crowds. Just giving some observations on what poor form can do to even a big club.

Last edited:

final say

Juniors
Aren't doing well is a bit of an understatement, mate the Titans have been terrible for 13 years. Parra had one year in 2018 of running 16th (after coming 4th the year prior and making a semi) and averaged 11,175. The fact we averaged 17k last year running 14th - doesn't get enough credit. Give the Titans 2 years of being a consistent top 8 side and the second year there wouldn't be a sub 20k crowd. Give us a 4 year run like this:
View attachment 85897
and we'd rarely get below 18k again. Our brand has been a joke pretty much since inception. Give us a period of success and you'll see the actual size of the club and fanbase.
Somehow Des made it worse... much worse. 3 floggings against bottom dwelling sides. Des says he happy with what he sees, must be a pretty door!