What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Rabbitohs Rumors, Signings and News

True, spot on, you nailed it lets hope for this to happen im with you this should had been done already.

Infact i said( jack 6 trellmyth 3 gray 1 )and ilias should had gone to the dogs not blake taaffe how dumb,blake taaffe is a far far better player than ilias but souths are too dumb to see that. why was taaffe never given a shot at half back? Again thats becoz souths are dumb. Too many dumb decisions dudmetriou was another dumb resigning decision fancy letting Sam burgess + john Morris go for dudmetriou the mind boggles. now we are coming 16th and paying the price wow what great thinking was executed by our ceo/board room.One big failure after another!

Thumper

Juniors
Infact i said( jack 6 trellmyth 3 gray 1 )and ilias should had gone to the dogs not blake taaffe how dumb,blake taaffe is a far far better player than ilias but souths are too dumb to see that. why was taaffe never given a shot at half back? Again thats becoz souths are dumb. Too many dumb decisions dudmetriou was another dumb resigning decision fancy letting Sam burgess + john Morris go for dudmetriou the mind boggles. now we are coming 16th and paying the price wow what great thinking was executed by our ceo/board room.One big failure after another!
So you’re saying they are dumb.

I'm still wanting Cody 7, Jack 6, Latts 3, Jye 1.

Jack's best possie is 6 and we need his long kicking game. Latts' best possie is 3. We need to start getting the best out of both these superstars pronto. If we are well and truly out of the finals race later in the season, then, sure, lets experiment with Latts at 6 but for now, Jack is my 6 partnering Cody.

No time for experiments while the season is still salvageable and on the cards. Never say die!

We need an experienced old head with a running game steering us at 7 and Jye Gray's speed and aerobic capacity at 1 is the tonic we need to get our sets started on the front foot.

Hey speedster souths are too dumb but now their hand will be forced to make positional changes as we are coming 16th desperate times ahead are assured. Memberships would be tumbling becoz of souths dumb decisions id like to know the figures.i put up with jaxson paulo for two seasons and now I have to put up with lachlan ilias + dudmetriou?? hey guess what that is why our extended families are not members any more at souths.

Thumper

Juniors
Hey speedster souths are too dumb but now their hand will be forced to make positional changes as we are coming 16th desperate times ahead are assured. Memberships would be tumbling becoz of souths dumb decisions id like to know the figures.i put up with jaxson paulo for two seasons and now I have to put up with lachlan ilias + dudmetriou?? hey guess what that is why our extended families are not members any more at souths.
Good riddance to your pretend family of supporters.
5 bad games to start a season and they supposedly jump ship.
rubbish supporters.

speedster

Juniors
I agree about trialing Taaffe at half and he was my preferred replacement for Reyno way back.

Thumper

Juniors
Ive said it many times,teams need to recruit, look at manly, look at st george, balmain, our recruitment is very poor
Who have manly recruited this year besides brown?
tigers and St George were bottom 2 last year. They had to recruit. What about the 10 other teams who didn’t recruit and are fine.

handyman2190

Bench
Who have manly recruited this year besides brown?
tigers and St George were bottom 2 last year. They had to recruit. What about the 10 other teams who didn’t recruit and are fine.
Manly recruited the best wasnt just brown,brooks,the tigers winger etc etc, you may be misinformed

speedster

Juniors
Manly have recruited well because they have targeted players in positions that needed bolstering which then complements the rest of the team and makes them all play better as a unit.

Brooks has been a very good foil for DCE to allow DCE to play to his best while feeling free to just play his role and not carry the entire Tigers club on his back anymore. Brown has been great off the bench with his high energy and ability to rally the the forwards to charge ahead with him and Talau has been a revelation on the wing when he was almost exclusively an inconsistent centre at the Tigers.

It's not just good recruiting but good use of recruits to get the best out of them.

Meanwhile, our recruitment has been a dismal fail since we decided last year to pass on signing any new recruits after losing a stack of quality out of our previous squads that had been making PFs for fun. This year, Wighton has tried his best but we are not yet getting the best out of him as he would only be of use in the centres if we were flying along as in previous seasons. We need him in the halves now because he is currently being wasted out in the centres. And Keppie has been very disappointing. I thought he would bring some mongrel to our pack but maybe that's been coached out of him? similar to a lot of our play, JD likes to coach the boys to kick safe, play it safe and cut down on the errors but what we are ending up with is a damp squib and the errors flow anyway.

Last edited:

handyman2190

Bench
Manly have recruited well because they have targeted players in positions that needed bolstering which then complements the rest of the team and makes them all play better as a unit.

Brooks has been a very good foil for DCE to allow DCE to play to his best while feeling free to just play his role and not carry the entire Tigers club on his back anymore. Brown has been great off the bench with his high energy and ability to rally the the forwards to charge ahead with him and Talau has been a revelation on the wing when he was almost exclusively an inconsistent centre at the Tigers.

It's not just good recruiting but good use of recruits to get the best out of them.

Meanwhile, our recruitment has been a dismal fail since we decided last year to pass on signing any new recruits after losing a stack of quality out of our previous squads that had been making PFs for fun. This year, Wighton has tried his best but we are not yet getting the best out of him as he would only be of use in the centres if we were flying along as in previous seasons. We need him in the halves now because he is currently being wasted out in the centres. And Keppie has been very disappointing. I thought he would bring some mongrel to our pack but maybe that's been coached out of him? similar to a lot of our play, JD likes to coach the boys to kick safe, play it safe and cut down on the errors but what we are ending up with is a damp squib and the errors flow anyway.
100% true but everyone here do yourselves a favour,i was put onto this by a dear friend, look up the roar south sydney, there is an article that explains it all in great detail, we have too many old slow players and have not recruited youngsters and brought them through,picking cheecams, milnes, etc instead of finding 20year olds that can develop has killed us, we have no standouts in reserves, our line speed is diabolical, and the coach admits we are not in the same league, why would he say this? Because we dont have a network of scouts who visit other games, read The Roar and cry,

assess5

Juniors
100% true but everyone here do yourselves a favour,i was put onto this by a dear friend, look up the roar south sydney, there is an article that explains it all in great detail, we have too many old slow players and have not recruited youngsters and brought them through,picking cheecams, milnes, etc instead of finding 20year olds that can develop has killed us, we have no standouts in reserves, our line speed is diabolical, and the coach admits we are not in the same league, why would he say this? Because we dont have a network of scouts who visit other games, read The Roar and cry,
This coach can't even get the team to move up in a line in defense.
The most important rule in any game - the team must control the ruck.
In defense you do that by moving up in one line.
Demetrious has been unable to coach this minor fact into this team - look at how the Storm controlled it. They move up very quickly and they always got three men to each tackle, even if the third tackler tackled his own teammate, the third man got there.
Of course, in the end, the storm didn't even try to pass wide one off the ruck, they just charged straight through the markers and allowed Keonmatoeee to dive dramatically at them and of course miss, then score.

Demetrios must go and I'd be happy if he took 'half a season' Mitchell and 'half a game' Walker with him.

GET SAM BURGESS BACK