What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Rabbitohs Rumors, Signings and News

speedster

Juniors
The kid certainly has a good running and short kicking game from those highlights. We certainly need a halfback so this is a good start by our recruitment team if it gets over the line to get the side reinvigorated after letting things slide the past 2 years. We also need genuine edge backrowers that really threaten the line as well as do their fair share of work, a couple of big power front rowers and some outside backs with pace would be kind of handy to add to the only 2 fast three-quarters we currently have in the top 30.

speedster

Juniors
Lachlan is a Tigers junior and even though the Dogs are being mentioned as a destination for him, with Sezer near the end of his career and Lachlan's close relationship with Benji, watch this space as far as him possibly going back to his junior club and Benji getting the best out of him. I wish him well and hope he grows but he has not had the coaching to develop at Souths thus far.

Thumper

Juniors
Lachlan is a Tigers junior and even though the Dogs are being mentioned as a destination for him, with Sezer near the end of his career and Lachlan's close relationship with Benji, watch this space as far as him possibly going back to his junior club and Benji getting the best out of him. I wish him well and hope he grows but he has not had the coaching to develop at Souths thus far.
What position do you expect him to play at west tigers?

speedster

Juniors
What position do you expect him to play at west tigers?
Half. Galvin is a big kid who I think could develop into a running, ball playing lock but might get a run at centre with Luai coming. I don't think Galvin is a half moving forward but ya never know.

speedster

Juniors
I agree with thumpers question.
they have Galvin and luai plus the fanui kid there there is no room for Ilias at the tigers event without sezar
He could be a star in one of their Cup teams unless he learns to improve his kicking game.

Lachy is a good young man but good guys finish last good luck lachy for the next chapter in your career it can't be at souths im sorry but you aint got the goods.just look at a younger sam walker who kicked ten goals from 10 attempts plus scored a try his tally on the night was 24 points lachy could not score 24 points in one year at first grade level.Please souths think before you buy we are now coming last because of your poor recruitments.

speedster

Juniors
What is overblown sorry? The kicking the same side?
Yeah, the feeling that you can't have 2 left foot or left side players pairing in the halves. Or that you need one of each. Good players can play either side although some struggle with it for some reason when they get shifted over and others don't. Cody is a left side player but has had loads of great involvements on the right side over his career. Hopefully Dodd is equally adaptable to either side also.

Tigers currently have 2 left foot kickers in their side, Roosters have 2 right footers doing their kicking.

Cody is an average long kicker in general play and I would love to see his kicking game reduce back to what it was when Reynolds was in the side which was maybe 10% or so of the kicking? Even now, I want to see Wighton become our dominant kicker for the rest of this year because he's our best option being wasted out wide currently. Stick Trell at left centre when he comes back.

Wighton and Walker could play both sides of the field back and forth as well as together. They're experienced rep stars who you would expect to be able to get it together and it would be good for Cody to prep that for next season if he is to combine with another left side, left footer in Dodd if that gets finalised.

Thumper

Juniors
He could be a star in one of their Cup teams unless he learns to improve his kicking game.
Just when I think a good discussion is coming someone writes something like this. Galvin to play cup because he doesn’t have a kicking game. Get off the pipe. He’s 18. Has a great running game. Sezer is there to kick. And run the side around the park.

speedster

Juniors
Just when I think a good discussion is coming someone writes something like this. Galvin to play cup because he doesn’t have a kicking game. Get off the pipe. He’s 18. Has a great running game. Sezer is there to kick. And run the side around the park.
No, you misread my post mate. I was referring to Lachlan in Cup if he fails to dislodge his competition if he goes there. Not Galvin. We were talking about Ilias.

Agree with your thoughts on Galvin who is terrific. Can kick a bit too but that's what Sezer is for.

Latest posts