What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who would you rather have at your club? eddie paea or mitchell pearce...

who would you rather have at your club?

• Total voters

Dazzat

First Grade
Paea ... the interchange rule will favour small halfbacks with a bit of nip ... he showed that last night. Pearce looks a bit like a Jason Taylor type - good organiser, but limited in his own attack. But I guess he's got plenty of improvement coming.

Dazzat

First Grade
True, but most of the great halfbacks always keep the attack guessing ... will he pass or will he run. Johns, Langer, Mortimer now Jonathon Thurston.

Geohood

Bench
He made a couple of good line breaks last season where he stepped and fended off the diving tackler well so he has the ability, though its the glaring weakness of his game at the moment.

JAMES BOND

Juniors
They both can't tackle for crap but I chose Paea as he has more potential in him and will probably play senior rep footy. Just needs more expiernce in first grade.

But watching him for Norths he played well last season.

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
They both can't tackle for crap but I chose Paea as he has more potential in him and will probably play senior rep footy. Just needs more expiernce in first grade.

But watching him for Norths he played well last season.

Pearce will be the best defensive halfback in the game within 2 years.. See the way he brings the forwards down..

ozzie

Bench
geez pearce had a shocker last night - yes he needs to run more could only make 70 metres - fancy spliting the bulldogs with his running, How dare him. Wasn't that Pearce that read the ball well from Anasta's kick to score. He needs to learn to kick, well was that was the halfback that kept turning the Berries around all night.

I honestly hope Paea is never rated better than Pearce again - by the way what is wrong with Luke he is even better than Paea

A halfback isn't there to score individual tries though.

If you listen to Tom SHines he will also tell you he isn't there to organise, pass, kick well, create overlaps etc. According to the great tom shines mantra half backs are like a 3rd prop, hence his blind faith in John Morris

Billythekid

First Grade
wtf....Tupou is a lock/second rower, how is that even relevant...

That a second rower has more ball skills than a halfback thats how.

I'm sick of seeing halfbacks who just want the glory for themselves. All the young ones coming through just want to be the guy who throws the massive cut out, or breaks the line themselves for a try or puts through a tricky kick for the try.

Ben Roberts, Mitchell pearce, Eddie Paea, Tim smith i can't stand any of them.

Karmawave

Bench
Everyone has been carrying on about Peter Wallace for NSW.

Obviously they haven't been watching the form of Mitch Pearce, because he has been sh*tting all over him.

ozzie

Bench
geez stand by billythekid - Patt Garrett is just about to shoot you down again

Why is there no third option for John Morris
Thanks to the f**king nepotistic crunt of a recruitment manager, and spastic 38% win ratio since 1996 at the tigers we replaced a churchill medal winning half with a parramatta turd who'd never played halfback in his life.

It would have taken one phone call to Wayne Pearce ... one f**king call

Ronald was too busy sending covert texts to his f**king geniused crunt of a son letting him know he was gonna sort him a 3 year deal

I'm f**king fuming