What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A tribute to Ozzie - GET INVOLVED

henrieté

Juniors
I have a bit of a surprise 'hopefully' for Ozzie Day. I just need it confirmed before I blurt it out.

We have a bit of time before the season starts. So I can't see any problem with organising something for the start of the season as well.

Ozzie would have been blown away by this. Ozzie's presence bought people together.

Dave Q

Coach
Ozzie and I wore the uniforms of different clubs, we looked at each other straight in the eye, drew our weapons, then both us deliberately missed.

I didnt miss him straight away but as time went on, I began to miss him more and more.

Maybe I am being a little indulgent, I feel for his family and off-line buddies as their loss is infinitely greater than mine.

But he was my friend.

And he made LU a nicer place to be.

No other rooster fan has had the free run of Souths LU, and I doubt that none ever will.

Last edited:

Dragon_psa

First Grade
I personally never had much conversation/confrontation or the like with Ozzie, but I did enjoy reading a lot of his contributions to the site. I'd be more than happy to participate in the tribute.

Dave Q

Coach
I personally never had much conversation/confrontation or the like with Ozzie, but I did enjoy reading a lot of his contributions to the site. I'd be more than happy to participate in the tribute.

And you would be very welcome too.

You are not a stranger to me psa, but I think even strangers can get on board in the hope that they could learn something about oz and get something out of it.

I was thinking of writing a quick prayer for him as well on Ozzieday.

Something simple, he was someone with a vivid imagination and he could say a lot without saying much.... if you know what I mean.

Like sometimes it takes me 1000's of words to get across an insight or meaning, ozzie could do it in 50 or less.

And it would be more valuable too.

Last edited:

Locky24

Juniors
I never knew ozzie, as I haven't been around this forum as long..But I would love to wear the banner if that is alright with you

Monk

Referee
ill just update the list in my sig,
keep em coming, i want Ozzie week to be HUGE!!!

BeeeeeRad

Juniors
I will definantly be apart of Ozzie week. Any fellow Rooster fan is a friend of mine, especially one so many respect and has so much knowledge of the game.

Fein

First Grade
I never knew ozzie, as I haven't been around this forum as long..But I would love to wear the banner if that is alright with you

Ditto.

It's nice to see mutual respect being shown amongst clubs supporters with a history of intense rivalry. :thumb

Dave Q

Coach
Our old friend STSAE, I think he is banned here.

But he wants me to express his sincere condolences to Ozzie's family and says that he will share in Ozzieday from afar.

He wishes everyone on LU a happy and safe Xmas.

Dave Q

Coach
yeah STSAE is banned ... do you conversate with him outside of LU?

I bump into him.

I am sorry he got banned from LU but he understands that I am loyal to LU.

LU took me in, they have been good to me and lots of other posters.

Theres a lot of posting talent and well connected league people here on LU.

Guys like Quigs, Willow, Endabomb, Madunit and Timmah etc-theres too many to list.

No other forum brings these bright people together.

But more importantly, in the context of this thread especially, LU supported Ozzie 100%.

LU should never be taken for granted.

Last edited:

Dave Q

Coach
the fight isn't worth fighting without STSAE

STSAE has always been very kind to me. Sometimes I think we have similar thinking patterns. Theres a connection upstairs somewhere. I dont know how or why, just intuition.

I dont know how he got LU offside. :?

The important thing is that he cared for and still cares about Ozzie.

henrieté

Juniors
I'd be happy to wear the banner

Well Done!

Theres a lot of posting talent and well connected league people here on LU.

Well that's what drew us to LU in the first place. Ozzie, Backpacker and myself roosted here. The chance to be part of a new forum that dealt with Rugby League was something we all wanted to be a part of.

I do recall Backpacker saying to me once that he thought Willow must be conducting human experiments because with us as moderators of the Roosters Forum he was clearly allowing the inmates to run the asylum.

Back in the day circa 2003, simply being a Roosters Supporter meant that you were hated. Some of the sh*t that was posted about our club was absurd. The NRL forum was simply made up of Rooster hate threads. It's refreshing to see that poor old Melbourne seem to cop it these days.

The friendships we formed spilled over into real life. We simply had some hilarious times with Ozzie.

Backpacker lived in NZ and worked shifts, I was an insomniac on-line 24/7. One morning, I hear the Oh-O of the ICQ message. It's BP with a link to the Roosters Forum saying "Ozzie's awake!"

I get to the forum and he has locked every bloody thread. He wasn't going to put up with people saying sh*t about his team anymore, so the joint was basically in lockdown. :lol:

I was devestated when BP passed away and the forum was never the same for me. I logged onto the forum to specifically send Ozzie a PM because I had no response to a text I sent. Of course his inbox was full. That's when I saw the Ozzie thread.

Send my regards to STAE. Tell him "Easts to Win".

Dave Q

Coach
Well Done!

Well that's what drew us to LU in the first place. Ozzie, Backpacker and myself roosted here. The chance to be part of a new forum that dealt with Rugby League was something we all wanted to be a part of.

I do recall Backpacker saying to me once that he thought Willow must be conducting human experiments because with us as moderators of the Roosters Forum he was clearly allowing the inmates to run the asylum.

Back in the day circa 2003, simply being a Roosters Supporter meant that you were hated. Some of the sh*t that was posted about our club was absurd. The NRL forum was simply made up of Rooster hate threads. It's refreshing to see that poor old Melbourne seem to cop it these days.

The friendships we formed spilled over into real life. We simply had some hilarious times with Ozzie.

Backpacker lived in NZ and worked shifts, I was an insomniac on-line 24/7. One morning, I hear the Oh-O of the ICQ message. It's BP with a link to the Roosters Forum saying "Ozzie's awake!"

I get to the forum and he has locked every bloody thread. He wasn't going to put up with people saying sh*t about his team anymore, so the joint was basically in lockdown. :lol:

I was devestated when BP passed away and the forum was never the same for me. I logged onto the forum to specifically send Ozzie a PM because I had no response to a text I sent. Of course his inbox was full. That's when I saw the Ozzie thread.

Send my regards to STAE. Tell him "Easts to Win".

Thats a nice story.

There was a few posts that changed Ozzie and my relationship forever.

I'll have to find them for everyone.

STSAE is still hard-core roosters.