What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sydney....haha

:lol: You think we're posting because we're closet fans? Get out f**king denial dude, Sydney are sh*t in 08-09 and others are enjoying it.

Suck it up.

sydney grand finals won ... 1
mariners grand finals won ... 0

for real though ... mariners beat their "arch rival" and the first thing they do is wait patiently until the sydney game and exclusively absorb all their energy into that result

Knightmare

Coach
Premierships:

Mariners 1
Sydney 0

We all know which award counts in every half-decent football competition worldwide.

fish eel

Immortal
Premierships:

Mariners 1
Sydney 0

We all know which award counts in every half-decent football competition worldwide.

This is Australia champ.

It's all about the grand final.

People who say otherwise generally follow teams that cant win the big game.....

Knightmare

Coach
Load of bollocks IMO. I value the Premiership more highly than the GF. Any team can come out on top on a given day. But only one team can come out on top in a whole season.

Mind you, I would absolutely love to win the double this season.

fish eel

Immortal
Load of bollocks IMO. I value the Premiership more highly than the GF. Any team can come out on top on a given day. But only one team can come out on top in a whole season.

Mind you, I would absolutely love to win the double this season.

As I said, spoken like someone whose side can't win a GF.

This is Australia, not Europe.

The champions are the side that win the grand final.

Do you value a NRL Minor Premiership more than a Grand Final win?

Knightmare

Coach
As I said, spoken like someone whose side can't win a GF.

This is Australia, not Europe.

The champions are the side that win the grand final.

Do you value a NRL Minor Premiership more than a Grand Final win?

And? This is soccer- the exact same sport they play in Europe with the same rules.

In League, a GF is valid because it is much easier to score points in League. All you need to do is cross the try-line from any side of the field and ground the ball. Most times in League, the better team wins, hence in most cases the best team wins the GF. In 100 years of League there has only ever been one 0-0 draw.

To score a point in soccer (football), you not only have to strike the ball within the vicinity of the goal mouth, but you must also get it past the opposition goal-keeper. Many times the better team doesn't win a game. Are you going to suggest that Liverpool are a no better team than Stoke this season, or the same about Chel$ki and Fulham? In this past year alone I have seen 4 or 5 0-0 draws in the EPL.

The governing bodies of the major soccer leagues the world over realised long ago how difficult it is to score in the game, and recognised that in a domestic season, the only way you can judge who is the best team is by counting all the results and awarding it to whoever finishes on top. Soccer Grand Finals have only existed in Australia since 1978 as a way of generating more revenue for the game and to make the competition easier to understand for bogans who call soccer "soccer".

Mariners are officially recognised as the best team in 2007-08. And unlike their northern rivals, they are still well in contention to add another Premiership trophy (and maybe a Grand Final one too?) to their trophy cabinet this season. :cool:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
sydney grand finals won ... 1
mariners grand finals won ... 0

for real though ... mariners beat their "arch rival" and the first thing they do is wait patiently until the sydney game and exclusively absorb all their energy into that result
:lol: You poor misguided fool.
Newcastle GF wins - 1 :D
Sydney GF wins - 1
Coast GF wins - 0 :lol:
Pick a side and stick to it kiddo.

NK Arsenal

Juniors

I don't see anything wrong with what TT said

Pick a side and stick to it kiddo.

I've supported Breakers/United/Jets for as long as I can remember..

Mariners are officially recognised as the best team in 2007-08. And unlike their northern rivals, they are still well in contention to add another Premiership trophy (and maybe a Grand Final one too?) to their trophy cabinet this season. :cool:

Hooray for goal difference :lol:

Knightmare

Coach
And hooray for us being the only team the wooden spooners (Phoenix) DIDN'T beat in 2007-08. If your mob had managed it, maybe they could've even won the double?

Of course, this season for Jets fans it's more a case of teams they have managed to beat...

prove me wrong

mariners beat their "arch rival" and the fans on here pop up when sydney lose

face it, you care more about the failings of sydney than the success of the mariners

you are mad because the mariners rivals are newcastle LOL and sydney battle it out with melbourne and queensland and perth would easily come infront of the mariners in the carefactor stakes

sydney = 1 grand final win from 1 appearance
mariners = 0 grand final win from 2 appearances

Knightmare

Coach
Actually, if any club is the ManUre of the A-League it'd be the Mariners. Reigning Premiers and all...

Knightmare

Coach
Actually, MaUre won the English equivalent- the award for being the team that finished the season with the best points and G/D. Hence my comment.