What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Directors to pursue legal challenge against NRL

saint pebba

First Grade
Here is my message for the Melbourne Storm, its players and its fans

F**K OFF

WE AS LEAGUE SUPPORTERS DON'T WANT YOU IN OUR COMP, DON'T NEED YOU IN OUR COMP AND WOULD BE GLAD IF YOU CEASED TO EXIST

Keysee

Juniors

F**K OFF

WE AS LEAGUE SUPPORTERS DON'T WANT YOU IN OUR COMP, DON'T NEED YOU IN OUR COMP AND WOULD BE GLAD IF YOU CEASED TO EXIST

And so if Inglis, Smith, Slater et al become available, you dont want them at your club ????? Yeah right, the Sydney vultures will feed over the bones of the best trained players in the league. THE MOST OVERPAID AS WELL.

Molly

Juniors
Read the articles you dope! The Cheats are saying that the NRL did not follow it's own procedures, and as such the Cheats were not afforded due process.

They are arguing about the process from which the penalties were derived, not the penalties themselves.

I hate these pieces of sh*t, but I can still understand their argument.

Someone gets it.

The issue is broader than this particular case. If you are comfortable with the CEO being able to had out punishment to any club for any issue without consulting the process that is established by his own organisation then this action will be difficult for you to comprehend.

If on the other hand you would like your club to be protected from such a situation and feel the process should by followed every time for the sake of all parties, then you should (reluctantly or otherwise) support the challenge regarding the due process not being followed.

Point -Its not about guilt, that is established and its not about the penalties per se, its about how they were arrived at. Something that should concern every club.

Had the independant commsision been in place, this situation (the legal challlenge) would probably have been avoided.

Molly

Juniors

F**K OFF

You need to more careful about what you wish for, the future of RL is not at stake, but it will never reach any position as a major national sport in this country if the Storm are to go. Basing another team in Melbourne will not work, I think the Storm are the NRL's only hope in this town and supporters will not just automatically follow another team, the Storm are a strong identity here and if you think you could just base a new team here, you know nothing about Melbourne sporting culture.

I think your narrow minded view is really amusing. However you may be quiet young so perhaps it is just ignorance.

brad_19

Juniors

F**K OFF

I am a league supporter and don't share your view. please don't speak on my behalf. :)

Gaba

First Grade
Lets hope nrl win and refuse to invite the storm into the competiton from next year, the storm directors have accepted the punishment in a public statement.

They show they cant be trusted again by doing this legal action

if the nrl wins , a new team should replaced the storm in the nrl from next year

Last edited:

Gaba

First Grade
Even if it means a new team in melbourne, these directors shouldnt be let go easy they are dragging the storm club down as a whole , as punishment the storm should be no longer involve in the nrl.

bileduct

Coach
But the Cheats admitted the breaches and agreed to the penalties! Rob Moodie sat there in the press conference and unequivocally stated that they accepted the penalties in full. How can they claim denial of due process when they themselves waived the right?

It's sheer lunacy!
They are explaining this by saying that there were not afforded the opportunity to seek legal advice before the final decision was made.

I don't support this action...it could be potentially devisive for the club and it's supporters.

I can understand the passion etc that is driving this legal challenge but the club needs to look forward and rebuild this brand.

It needs to have general consensus and support from all parties in the club as a whole and until this happens I would not endorse it.

I don't support this action...it could be potentially devisive for the club and it's supporters.

I can understand the passion etc that is driving this legal challenge but the club needs to look forward and rebuild this brand.

It needs to have general consensus and support from all parties in the club as a whole and until this happens I would not endorse it.
maybe there should have been a hearing when the cheating was uncovered and the storm given the chance to plead their case but given the evidence its hard to see the penalty coming out much better that way than this one

_Johnsy

Referee
let me pre-empt this by saying it is refreshing to read some of the storm fans opinions on this (disagree with this legal action) Kudos to you.

Honestly,
Is there nothing this club won't do (out of selfish actions) to drag the games name through the mud, again !!!!!

If this action proceeds in any way shape or form, it does nothing but show the true character (or distinct lack of) of this franchise. They should count themselves lucky they got to keep the premiers rings.

Absolutely disgusting.

I don't see how this concerns any non storm fans. This is for the storm fans and players.

They are suing the NRL, so every person who supports a team in the NRL has an interest. Pathetic attitude, selfish pricks.

Last edited:

bileduct

Coach
They should count themselves lucky they got to keep the premiers rings.
I hope the Cheats win and force the NRL to follow the "proper process". This will give the NRL an opportunity to revise their decision and get the f**kin rings back as well!

Iafeta

Referee
Jesus Holy Christ, won't the 'legalists' and the 'fraudsters' keel over and die already. This week we have some real good clashes including the Broncos-Titans, Sea Eagles-Eels, and in a couple of weeks we have Origin, yet the main state of play seems to be with some of the maggot directors crying wolf and some of the estranged Storm fans who don't have the foggiest as to what our code really is about crying foul because their own club defrauded the system and committed statutory perjury.

This is not addressed to the likes of kia ora storm who understand why this has all come to be, and have copped it on the chin. This is for the parasites who selfishly hold onto the hold that their disgraceful cheating is going to be in some way shape or form vindicated. The action being taken is pathetic, particularly given one of the fat cats who is mounting it, one Dr Rob Moodie, sat in at the Press Conference and said the acts of the club were harrowing for the code, showed gross misconduct, and that the club had accepted it needed to be penalised in such a way. He even offered to tender his resignation, for as the Chairman of the Board, one would hope you would have an idea as to what your Executive Management team is conducting. I find it very hard to believe that a Board, who are charged with ensuring corporate governance and ethics, and financial performance, who are privy to, and are actually legally bound to under the Corporations Act (Cth) to see the books, understand the books, and how the financial aspects of the business are conducted. If that is the case, I find it extraordinarily hard to believe these pillocks knew not what was going on in the first place, which makes their stance as fraudsters, even more mind boggling.

The entire board and executive management team needs to be deconstructured and re-engineered to a business model that supports conscionable business practices rather than one that tries to convey a woe-was-me attitude to their inability to keep a straight face while farting on the books and ethics of their own club.

Frailty

First Grade
Confirming that Dr Rob Moodie is NOT repeat NOT a part of the proposed appeal. I agree with you, I think he will be a champion plank of the club rebuilding and am so glad that News did not accept his resignation. He and Bellamy (I believe) did not know, all others sink deeper into the mire by the day.

Oops! He IS part of the proposed appeal...

Fair go aye? Pity the club didn't think about fairness when they were cheating the other 15 teams.