What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2013 Jersey, Logo & Sponsorship Thread II

Diesel

Referee
I've grown to like the new NRL logo on the jersey as its clean and not cluttered, and was thinking if the 2014 preimership logo is going to look cluttered on the jersey

souths have a big superman logo and the star on the front of their strip tonight.

super souffs

souths.jpg

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
Who at the nrl approves this shit

I mean maybe one club can promote a movie

But 2 seriously.

To anyone over 14 it is really un professional

Lambretta

First Grade
Haaaa, 2 teams/ one movie.
What a joke.
Was cool the first time

Russell is IN the movie - hence Souths connection
Melbourne have a link with the movie's studio company

Both are valid reasons for the sponsorship. Don't be so precious.

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
So Crowe is in movie - Souths wear superman

It's a 21st century fox movie - so Brisbane broncos wear superman

It can be shown on win tv - so st George wear superman

Why don't we just put a big S on every jumper

Oh wait

rabbitohs95

Bench
So Crowe is in movie - Souths wear superman

It's a 21st century fox movie - so Brisbane broncos wear superman

It can be shown on win tv - so st George wear superman

Why don't we just put a big S on every jumper

Oh wait

For God's sake are you serious? Has Parramatta really been that terrible for you to get PMS over sponsorship?

Pull your head in.

BunniesMan

Immortal
That's a bloody good looking jersey the Tigers have collecting dust in a basement somewhere most weeks.

f**k off with the plastic crap you usually wear and wear this. Wear Magpie shorts or something to make the other mob happy, but stick with the beautiful Balmain gold.

Last edited:

Tom Shines

First Grade
So surely Souffs' jersey broke some sort of guidelines on friday night, whether it be surface area or two front of shirt sponsors.

Talk about diluting a product.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
Love this tigers jersey tonight. Just wear it fulltime for f**ks sake you muppets.

was a good jersey.

BUT i heard comments made by robbie farrah on this issue and to paraphrase what i remember he said that the team is WESTS tigers not balmain, or western suburbs. he said if you ask younger fans what team they support its wests tigers, not balmain or the magpies

if its going to be wests tigers then thats an individual entity to either the other two teams which have become merged. i used to believe they should wear the balmain strip one week and the wests the next week, but farrah has a point regarding the joint venture - its a different club. mind you the jerseys they design for the merged club are atrocious

those of us who remember the old days of wests conceding 800 points in a season or ellery hanley getting smashed by terry lamb might want to see the old jumpers but the younger people dont care

Frailty

First Grade
The West Tigers can have such an easy option to appease both sides of the merger.

Light Jersey: Traditional Balmain double-V with white inbetween the two black V's.
Dark Jersey: Tradition Wests double-V with gold between the two white V's.
Alternate: The 10 year anniversey jersey.

GAZF

First Grade
The West Tigers can have such an easy option to appease both sides of the merger.

Light Jersey: Traditional Balmain double-V with white inbetween the two black V's.
Dark Jersey: Tradition Wests double-V with gold between the two white V's.
Alternate: The 10 year anniversey jersey.

Then there would be issues with what they wear and when. If there's any room for complaining, a WT fan (either side of the merger, depending on the situation) will whinge. Not all fans, but enough. I cop more on my Tigers concepts than any other.

LeagueNut

First Grade
I know it's not this simple... but I wonder whether the Tigers could follow the Dragons model, i.e. stick with a Balmain strip for most games and switch to a Magpies strip for games at Campbelltown or for Heritage rounds.

Craegus

Juniors
I know it's not this simple... but I wonder whether the Tigers could follow the Dragons model, i.e. stick with a Balmain strip for most games and switch to a Magpies strip for games at Campbelltown or for Heritage rounds.

Simple answer is no.

The Dragons merger is not 50/50 (St George has majority over Illawarra), where as the Tigers is, therefore it isn't as simple as a majority design over another based on heritage designs.

The easiest solution (which will also annoy many) is to have no original teams heritage in the jersey designs and have completely new designs and Wests Tigers old designs as the heritage (which may actually be what will happen next year).

azsportza

Live Update Team
Simple answer is no.

The Dragons merger is not 50/50 (St George has majority over Illawarra), where as the Tigers is, therefore it isn't as simple as a majority design over another based on heritage designs.

The easiest solution (which will also annoy many) is to have no original teams heritage in the jersey designs and have completely new designs and Wests Tigers old designs as the heritage (which may actually be what will happen next year).

Couldn't agree more. It's time we do away with these split heritage jerseys. It does nothing but fuel the bullshit politics in this joint venture.

Based on the comments from Wests Tigers COO, Grant Mayer, it seems the 2014 Heritage Jersey will be based on the original 2000 jersey. It would be the best way to go to finally take a step forward and continue to unify the club.