What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is this Mitchell Pearce's last chance in Origin?

How many State of Origin matches will Mitchell Piss play?

• Zero

Votes: 7 53.8%

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • None

Votes: 5 38.5%

• Total voters

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
I told y'all Maloney was a fraud.

Him making that one break in Origin 1, as well as NSW winning, was the worst thing that could've happened. In truth both Pearce and Maloney both stunk it up for almost all of the 240 minutes.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
He doesn't actually say "why is Mitch the guy to cop it?" nor is it the headline of the article. Another creative headline from RBM.

If you think Daley is going to come out and openly condemn a player then your kidding yourself. Mal wouldn't do it to one his players either if they had lost.

If anything, I don't think his comments bode well for Pearce's chances next season.

taxidriver

Coach
i said in earlier threads that I feel really sorry for Pearce.

it is so obvious that he is out of his depth at this level but he doesn't select himself.

the muppetts who pick him should hang their heads in shame

Pistol_Pete

Juniors
f**k me, Mitchell Pearce is beyond appalling. He really is a rich man's John Morris. Heart of a LIon and all that bullshit, but has the creativity of a cruise missile.

So true bro^. I said Maloney would be exposed and he was. His play directly lost NSW the game last night. A stupid late hit on Cronk to gift QLD 2 points which proved the difference in the end. And then there was his defensive display in game 2 which lost NSW that match as well. He is so f**kin overrated it's not funny. I am stunned that they even picked the imposter. His appearances on the footy show doesn't change the fact he's an average player at best.

He is the worst defender in the NRL, and his defence cost NSW this series. He also misses easy shots at goal in big games. He choked in the GF in 2011, and he choked in Origin. He'll choke again in the finals this year.

LOL @ him getting picked because he provides a "calming influence" for Pearce. Does he strobe him off or something?

BBQ'ing with Pearce!

Last edited:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I some times wonder if Daley watches these games.

Thats some of the dumbest comments I've heard.

Meth

Staff member
It would have to be, wouldn't it?

I can't believe he was an automatic selection. He was pretty much the reason Maloney got selected.

Danish

Referee
"i thought Mitch tried hard"

Hitler tried hard too.

If Daley can't see how bad Mitchell is then he should be sacked as coach.

If hitler had Pearce's ability he'd have been beaten to death in the street by a 6 year old Jewish girl in 1934 for making fun of her nose

betcats

Referee
Not really sure why Maloney is copping it, he went OK.

He went ok, but he is never gonna break a game open, and he gave away that dumb penalty in the first half which was the difference.

Carney would of been so much better, Daley is a shit coach, I said before the series NSW lost this one when Daley picked Pearce before the season even started.

Dropping Carney and Grant before game 1 were typical NSW moves over the last 8 years.

Get rid of Fulton and Daley imo. Also Woods is a big fairy at this level.

Meth

Staff member
Not really sure why Maloney is copping it, he went OK.

I'm not sure why everybody had a big hard on over Maloney in the first place. It's laughable that Maloney/Pearce are an Origins halves combination.

Little to no vision. Little to no discipline. Little to no creativity. Little to no defensive ability. ok filed kicking game. Good goal kicker. Great hole runner. Looks good because of Roosters blokes going good around him.

Shown up big time in Origin.

Liddell

Juniors
I had to laugh at the comment from Sterlo when Pearce f**ked up that play by kicking the ball into Thurston. Something along the lines of "he had too much to think about there"....