What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Welcome, Tuimoala Lolohea

leaguelegend21

Juniors
I like the idea of Reynolds at 9. As halves slow up a move to hooker is often logical - look at how Peter Wallace has handled it. I think playing Reynolds at 6 or 9 depends on how Tui/Watson compete for the remaining spine spots and if we get Benji back. Interesting stuff!

Vozzy

Juniors
Foxsports really hate the tigers hey. Like one article will have Lolahea throws worst pass of all time. Then next article is about how unfair Lolahea has been treated. f**k me they are making it out as if he doesn't have to play well to earn his spot.

If he plays the test of the year well and contributes to us winning then he will get picked but if he plays like he is why should he be picked.

As far as I'm concern at the beginning of the year we have tedasco at fullback. If he got injured our back up is a winger who rarely shows glimpses of good form.

Next year if Watson/Reynolds/Brooks get injured we now have options to fill in Lolahea/gamble. We no longer have to have a rankin/Littlejohn combo when shit hits the fan. We now have our version of Cameron Munster/Clint gutherson (I know not as good) in both watson/Lolahea.

Foxsports really hate the tigers hey. Like one article will have Lolahea throws worst pass of all time. Then next article is about how unfair Lolahea has been treated. f**k me they are making it out as if he doesn't have to play well to earn his spot.

If he plays the test of the year well and contributes to us winning then he will get picked but if he plays like he is why should he be picked.

As far as I'm concern at the beginning of the year we have tedasco at fullback. If he got injured our back up is a winger who rarely shows glimpses of good form.

Next year if Watson/Reynolds/Brooks get injured we now have options to fill in Lolahea/gamble. We no longer have to have a rankin/Littlejohn combo when shit hits the fan. We now have our version of Cameron Munster/Clint gutherson (I know not as good) in both watson/Lolahea.

News: Limited owned organisation old son. They've got it hard for us.

Iafeta

Referee

Welcome to our world. There's no doubt Tuis agent does a brilliant job politicking through the media. We heard it for years. Pick old son. He should be in ahead of Foran. Why did they buy RTS. He's too good for reserve grade. Then he got lazy and frankly his performances in reserve grade were ordinary. This started happening once news outlets said three or four clubs were on the hook trying to get him from the Warriors.

I like Tui. Real talent. Hopefully he becomes an all around player rather than an all around belly. I suspect there's a real lack of understanding of what commitment he needs to make. Like he's entitled to premium roles.

BuffaloRules

Coach
Well.. whats the consensus now?

Went OK against Manly 2 weeks ago.. a little quiet yesterday but I thought him and Tedesco were the only players that looked threatening with ball in hand...

Would like to see him get fit in the off season... needs to lose 5-6kg's.... Could give him an extra half step to get him through some more holes...

His goal kicking is shaky and I dont see him as the long term answer...

I still think he is of better value in the 6 rather than the 1 and a better complement to Brooks than Reynolds is.. hope I am wrong about that though, as it makes the most sense to play Reynolds at 6...

Shredder

Juniors
My view:

Given he has come into a crap team in the middle of the season, he has done OK.
His defence is sound, he provides another attacking option and he is more consistent than what we had. Additionally, his goal kicking has been OK.

Hes a step up and would love to see him next year after a full off season training in one position.

Tiger05

First Grade
I think he looks like a player who can create something out of nothing. His defence has been okay as well. I'm now hopeful he will do the job at fullback.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Considering the clusterf*#k he came into I think he has been really good. He definitely needs to lose a bit of pudding but that will happen in the preseason. He looks dangerous everytime he gets the ball and to me will suit the fullback role where he can get it and just run.

Tiger Ted

Bench
This worries me. We need some back-up options in the halves and at fullback. I reckon we are good to go at 9.
Its quite obvious y IC chased Connor Watson.Unfortunately the knights offered him crazy money.Our lack of quality & depth in the spine will very likely be our Achilles heel in '18.

Tigerm

First Grade
I thought he went OK yesterday, I don't see a lot of footy, but from memory he has improved on one of his first games.
If only he had licked that last goal, huh. LOL
Not every team has a star spine, I think we will be reasonable next year, if we make the 8, then I believe other quality players will come if we need them.

BrotherJim05

Bench
The way I see it, this year was just to get the first year coaching syndrome out of the way for IC. He can shed the players he doesn't want and sign players he needs. Tick.

2018 is not the year for him push us into top 4. This is the year he gets to build a roster of players and form the framework for a long term roster. I don't think the roster is complete, however we have a lot more first graders than we did last year. 2018 will be sink or swim for a number of players. It is easy to excuse poor performance in 2017 given the circumstances, but 2018 we will have a decent enough roster for players to put in and actually make a difference.

Players like Brooks and Lolohea fall into this category. They will both be given a chance to cement a spot in arguably the two most important positions in the team. If they can't get the job done then IC can look to sign replacements. Brooks only has a 2 year contract and Lolohea is not on huge money.

On another note, does anyone know what happens if a club doesn't spend its cap in a year? I imagine you would be able to front load a number of players salaries?

Shredder

Juniors
RE salary cap if you dont spend between 95% and 100% of the salary cap the club is fined.

Yep, front loading is fine (and a much better practice than back loading.....)

Johns Magic

Referee
...and Ponga also knocked back more money from the cows to join the perennial wooden spooners!!

Go easy on the drugs you dope!

Ponga we were the highest bid. We got him.

Watson, you were the highest bid. We got him.

Enjoy paying Josh Reynolds more than the both of them for the next four years though...

Tiger Ted

Bench
Ponga we were the highest bid. We got him.

Watson, you were the highest bid. We got him.

Enjoy paying Josh Reynolds more than the both of them for the next four years though...
It's a fact that Knights offered Watson 400k > than our offer.

The price u pay when collecting consecutive wooden spoons is having to pay massive overs to entice players like ponga & Watson who've achieved nothing yet so ur paying a huge premium for potential which has a tendency to backfire.

Johns Magic

Referee
It's a fact that Knights offered Watson 400k > than our offer.

The price u pay when collecting consecutive wooden spoons is having to pay massive overs to entice players like ponga & Watson who've achieved nothing yet so ur paying a huge premium for potential which has a tendency to backfire.

THE money or playing in his preferred position — that’s the predicament facing rising Rooster Connor Watson as the Wests Tigers and Newcastle circle for his signature.

Watson has one year remaining on his contract at Bondi, but the Roosters are prepared to part ways with the young playmaker at the end of this season.

55cc5fb7c7d9a5f9fe91507a65034175

The 21-year-old Central Coast junior has indicated he wants to start, which can’t happen at the Roosters with Luke Keary and Michael Gordon ahead of him.

Watson had hoped to snare the fullback position at the Chooks in 2018, but this changed when the Tricolours signed Tigers and NSW star James Tedesco.

The Roosters are also set to retain Gordon, although he could be shifted from fullback to the wing to accommodate Tedesco.

Tedesco’s four-year contract with the Roosters has prompted the Tigers to offer Watson a whopping $600,000 to play fullback from next season.

Newcastle are also in the mix for Watson.

Watson has played almost all his football off the bench this season.
The Knights have tabled the Dubbo-born playmaker approximately $400,000 to play five-eighth.

Watson would prefer to play in the halves and he grew up wanting to play for Newcastle, which could work in the Novocastrians favour.

The Knights have also signed Roosters Shaun Kenny-Dowall and Aidan Gurrea.

Despite the Tigers’ substantial offer for Watson, which is more money than Australian PM Malcolm Turnbull takes home, Newcastle officials remain hopeful Watson will link with the Knights on a long-term deal.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...e/news-story/d7ec3b9e5f2ca6402669a6602f8aa7d4

The price of being a rubbish club with a rubbish backoffice is losing your only decent players you fought tooth and nail to keep, and then paying $750k a year for Josh Reynolds...and watching young stars turn your much bigger offer down to go to the three-time spooners for less.

Talk facts not fiction Tiger Ted.