What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FO Kearney

playdaball

Bench
If Doyle stays then Kearney stays or will he become an assistant like Cappy? He's obviously a great assistant coach judging by his time in Melbourne and Brisbane.

Rich102

Staff member
If Doyle stays then Kearney stays or will he become an assistant like Cappy? He's obviously a great assistant coach judging by his time in Melbourne and Brisbane.

I don't know you can assume Doyle is in love with Kearney. He must know it isn't working.
But he can only do what the board tell him to do and with what money they allocate.
Things could be so much better if Toovey had been appointed.

Big Marn

Juniors
If the Warriors moved to Sydney would you stll support them? Much like American sports, eg Seattle Supersonics moved to Oklahoma and became Oklahoma Thunder. just one example.
Eg if they became the North Sydney Warriors? No more travel factor.

Every Sydney club has won a premiership this century bar Paramatta.

Just saying.

Rich102

Staff member
So you are suggesting they don't play at Mt Smart?
I don't think the crowds would like that.
And if they are still playing at Mt Smart they would still be crossing the Tasman every second week.

Blair

Coach
nah, shift them to Huntly

With games in Greymouth too. There's still some coal miners there ready to put in. My Irish grandfather, buried there in some windswept cemetery, would be turning in his grave. He caught about four Warriors games before he went in '95.

I do remember him shouting at the TV though, after a liquid lunch. Bright red face and gunning for anyone who 'couldn't hold the bloody pill'.

Oh, and don't mention the Aussie refs.

Livid anger towards the English, British Royalty, 'Pig Islanders' (an old Sth Island term for Nth Islanders, for those who don't know), Aussie refs, and loose carries from those new Warriors, probably shortened his life.

And the drink, of course. Glory to God in the highest.

Last edited:

TheDMC

Bench
With games in Greymouth too. There's still some coal miners there ready to put in. My Irish grandfather, buried there in some windswept cemetery, would be turning in his grave. He caught about four Warriors games before he went.

I do remember him shouting at the TV though, after a liquid lunch. Bright red face and gunning for anyone who 'couldn't hold the bloody pill'.

Oh, and don't mention the Aussie refs.

Livid anger towards the English, British Royalty, 'Pig Islanders' (an old Sth Island term for Nth Islanders, for those who don't know), Aussie refs, and loose carries from those new Warriors, probably shortened his life.

And the drink, of course. Glory to God in the highest.

Sounds like a mellow dude lol.

gubb satae and ata all backed up for ISP 20 hours after playing 1st grade the night before. Ata played the whole 80 both times to. can someone explain the company's status on player welfare????
how could this happen.
becos Kearney farked up the whole team selection for both teams. having a halfback and hooker on the bench then getting 3 players to back up the next day FFS

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
gubb satae and ata all backed up for ISP 20 hours after playing 1st grade the night before. Ata played the whole 80 both times to. can someone explain the company's status on player welfare????
how could this happen.
becos Kearney farked up the whole team selection for both teams. having a halfback and hooker on the bench then getting 3 players to back up the next day FFS

Wow, that's interesting. Very different to the ISP/NSW Cup 5-6 years ago when guys failed to turn up because club footy paid more in finals week.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
If the Warriors moved to Sydney would you stll support them? Much like American sports, eg Seattle Supersonics moved to Oklahoma and became Oklahoma Thunder. just one example.
Eg if they became the North Sydney Warriors? No more travel factor.

Every Sydney club has won a premiership this century bar Paramatta.

Just saying.

Yeah, I would still support them. I don't attend games now that I live a couple of hours away, so it's not a big issue for me. It'll never happen, mind you.

JJ

Immortal
Serious question - why is he a great assistant?

Being assistant to Bellamy or Bennett is the simplest gig imaginable - they run the show you do what you're told...

Iafeta

Referee
He can't even recruit his best mate with a fistful of cold hard cash. I honestly thought no matter what, the only way is up after last year. I obviously forgot to factor in the Kearney effect. Please please I beg of you don't tell me the club rejected Ivan Cleary or Geoff Toovey for this lemon.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
He can't even recruit his best mate with a fistful of cold hard cash. I honestly thought no matter what, the only way is up after last year. I obviously forgot to factor in the Kearney effect. Please please I beg of you don't tell me the club rejected Ivan Cleary or Geoff Toovey for this lemon.

Course we rejected both. Both have said so.

Blair

Coach
Course we rejected both. Both have said so.

A ponderable is that Kearney is kept on after this year, with the club saying all the right things about 'building for the future', etc, but then a poor start to the new season sees Kearney suddenly sacked and replaced by the only man readily available, his assistant, Jones.*

It happened in 2014, of course.

*I'd say we're relatively safe from Angry getting fired up this early in the week. I've never post this on a Friday night.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Disgraceful from the Titans. Letting player power win never ends well. Look at us and the Tigers as proof.

The Titans go from the 8 and a worthy finalist to an also ran, and what has changed? Hayne. Yet it's Henry's fault. OK.