What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are you most looking forward to in 2018 ?

ouryear

Juniors
Sorry I did that thing where I'm not clear enough. I meant 50-50 after six rounds because let's face it, the first two months of the comp are a crapshoot
Thanks for clarifying JDHD.
I wonder if our board really put on field results on top of their care factor?

Didn't give Wayne a 5 yr term like he would have signed, kept Price too long, chose Mary when it was obvious to all the league world that he had served no apprenticeship, tolerate poor results from Mary for years, AND gives him an extension in case the roosters or storm sign him LOL!

I think they really don't care.

JDHD

Juniors
Thanks for clarifying JDHD.
I wonder if our board really put on field results on top of their care factor?

Didn't give Wayne a 5 yr term like he would have signed, kept Price too long, chose Mary when it was obvious to all the league world that he had served no apprenticeship, tolerate poor results from Mary for years, AND gives him an extension in case the roosters or storm sign him LOL!

I think they really don't care.

I remember when Price got the arse and every single opinion across the NRL spectrum was that Mary was not fit to be the coach.

Life's Good

Coach
I remember when Price got the arse and every single opinion across the NRL spectrum was that Mary was not fit to be the coach.
I was only a reader of the forum back then and recall many comments against the appointment of Mary which have only served to be proven right.

Dragon Revival

Juniors
There is not a lot to look forward to next year. At the end of this season the Club has lost a lot of depth and bought two solid players. Apart from Hunt and Vaughan we have no super stars or match winners. I see another year with McGregor where we lack the artillery to make an impact. The Club is badly managed and coached and the younger players are not developing quickly enough. I hope I am wrong.

Old Timer

Coach
I will be looking forward to the pro club (at any cost) people bagging out the people who call a spade a spade and have an opinion that says we will be ordinary in 2018.
There will be the usual tags of death riders, you're not true supporters, why do you bag everything, your just negative, and pro club comments like we are doing the right thing with our juniors, depth signings are good, at least we are more playing more attractive than before etc etc etc etc.
Should all make for another very entertaining year on the forum.

There is not a lot to look forward to next year. At the end of this season the Club has lost a lot of depth and bought two solid players. Apart from Hunt and Vaughan we have no super stars or match winners. I see another year with McGregor where we lack the artillery to make an impact. The Club is badly managed and coached and the younger players are not developing quickly enough. I hope I am wrong.
What players are you talking about who are not developing quickly enough.

Depth wise what players are they losing who would have made a real impact they cleared the decks with the alot of players like Mathews and co who had minimal involvement in first grade anyway.

Its no about having super stars within the team its about the entire teaming playing as a team thats the issue I see.

I was only a reader of the forum back then and recall many comments against the appointment of Mary which have only served to be proven right.
Will go down in Dragons history as one of the most incompetent and negligent decisions the club has ever made.
4 years of a bush coach with no FG qualifications and counting.
Utter disgrace and an insult to the fans.
Just adds up to wasted years with no finals.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Things I'm looking forward to in 2018:

Dragons:
1: Seeing how Widdop combines with Hunt
2: Seeing if Graham has a real impact on our forwards
3. The rise of some young talent in both forwards and backs.

Others:
1: Seeing the Knights (who have recruited well IMO) and how Brownie coaches them. I believe they will be a smoky for the 8.
2: Seeing if Woods and Foran are anything like the real deal at their new club (hopefully falling flat)
3: Seeing if Packer and especially Milne can go on under a new coach (decent coach)
4: Seeing if the Broncos perform after losing a host of experienced players.

Big Prediction:
Ricky Stewart the first coach sacked in 2018

ouryear

Juniors

Dragons:

Others:
1: Seeing the Knights (who have recruited well IMO) and how Brownie coaches them. I believe they will be a smoky for the 8.
2: Seeing if Woods and Foran are anything like the real deal at their new club (hopefully falling flat)
3: Seeing if Packer and especially Milne can go on under a new coach (decent coach)

Big Prediction:
Poor ole Sticky, it will take a lot for the Viking claps to sack their favourite son.

Panthers Hook might go first.

Or whoever the hell is pretending to coach the warriors should start looking for a job.

And then there's Mary.

Life's Good

Coach

Dragons:

Others:

Big Prediction:
Good list there. One correction though ‘Ricky Stuart to be the first coach sacked AFTER Paul McGregor...’

Last edited:

Crush

Coach
I will be looking forward to the pro club (at any cost) people bagging out the people who call a spade a spade and have an opinion that says we will be ordinary in 2018.
There will be the usual tags of death riders, you're not true supporters, why do you bag everything, your just negative, and pro club comments like we are doing the right thing with our juniors, depth signings are good, at least we are more playing more attractive than before etc etc etc etc.
Should all make for another very entertaining year on the forum.
Death Rider! Not a true supporter!
There you go, I snuck one in in 2017. Plenty more to come in a 2018 mate!

Dragon Revival

Juniors
Coast, Dugan, Hutchison, Packer and Joel Thompson are big losses in one year. Of the younger players who apart from Dufty and Host are ready for NRL
Field was talked up but fell by the wayside. None of the younger guys starred in NSW Cup. Our backline is erratic.

Frank Facer

First Grade
Good list there. One correction though ‘Ricky Stuart to be the first coach sacked AFTER Paul McGregor...’
The problem with that is, we need us to have a poor start to the season for Mary to be sacked. Secondly, I think we have a pretty decent squad next year, which should make it even harder for Mary to be sacked.

Frank Facer

First Grade
Coast, Dugan, Hutchison, Packer and Joel Thompson are big losses in one year. Of the younger players who apart from Dufty and Host are ready for NRL
Field was talked up but fell by the wayside. None of the younger guys starred in NSW Cup. Our backline is erratic.
I disagree that Dugan, Hutch, Packer and Thompson are big losses. We have replaced Packer with an upgrade. Hutch did not play a game all season and did not impress me when he played a few games in 16. Losing Dugan is no problem either. His exit frees up a lot of salary cap space. We already have a better fullback than Dugan and some young exciting centres too. Thompson will not be a lose either. I already rate Simms higher than Thompson and am hoping that at least one of Host or Leilua are better than Thompson by 2019. Hopefully Thompson's departure frees up some salary cap space to sign another good prop and or a good winger?

Life's Good

Coach
The problem with that is, we need us to have a poor start to the season for Mary to be sacked. Secondly, I think we have a pretty decent squad next year, which should make it even harder for Mary to be sacked.
Stating the obvious I want the team to win irrespective of the coach. One thing I am looking forward to is accepting that no matter how many games we win on the trot, the score line etc. I will now not fall into the trap of thinking we are a chance until R 26. Fade outs in 2015 & 2017 have instilled much more cynicism when it comes assessing our chances beginning, middle & end of season.

Crush

Coach
I disagree that Dugan, Hutch, Packer and Thompson are big losses. We have replaced Packer with an upgrade. Hutch did not play a game all season and did not impress me when he played a few games in 16. Losing Dugan is no problem either. His exit frees up a lot of salary cap space. We already have a better fullback than Dugan and some young exciting centres too. Thompson will not be a lose either. I already rate Simms higher than Thompson and am hoping that at least one of Host or Leilua are better than Thompson by 2019. Hopefully Thompson's departure frees up some salary cap space to sign another good prop and or a good winger?
100% agree with all that! Especially the part about Nightingale being a better fullback than Dugan. Oh hang on, are you talking about Dufty?

Latest posts