What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hayne walking out on Titans.

T.S Quint

Coach
It's a one year deal. Not much risk to it.
If he kills it, good. Re-sign him.
If he doesn't, then easy decision to let him go.

It's not like we have him on masssive overs over a few years. Approximately half the price he was on over a one year deal is worth the (small) risk, in my opinion.

T-Boon

Coach
Everyone agrees that Hayne is the most dangerous x factor player in the game.
As has been mentioned by everyone, the skills he brings are on another level to anyone else in the game. He is a big game player and a big time play maker. He makes plays happen with his skills which are always a class above. He thrives on the big plays. We could make a list of his big plays if we had time, which we don't. It surprised many that Sterlo said today that in origin training camp he was an excellent team man. Coach Tomsula and Coach Civeniceva also rave about his application and professionalism. The only question mark will be his health. All of the Parra boys love him.
As has been said he is awesome.

isaiah

Bench
Great signing.
Hopefully Hayne retires from NSW duties and gives his full attention to the Eels premiership campaign.
This will be the most talented and stable backline Hayne has played in at club level so I sense pain for opponents and a return to his dominant ways.
If he plays as well as the contract is worth, the titans should sue him for breach of promise, bit like Adam Blair at the tigers

isaiah

Bench
If he plays as well as the contract is worth, the titans should sue him for breach of promise, bit like Adam Blair at the tigers
And then Hayne in turn can sue Nat peteru who got a contract in the English super league cause he looked like a world-beater nextto jarryd in 2017

RazorRam0n

Juniors
King Arthur has spoken...

Fri, Dec 01, 2017 - 05:57PM
By ‌Michael Chammas‌‌, ‌NRL.com
@MichaelChammas

Brad Arthur sums it up best. "In 2014 he was Parramatta. Now we just need him to be Jarryd Hayne."

The Parramatta Eels coach insists the club isn't taking a risk bringing home the prodigal son, backing himself and the club to bring the best out of the 29-year-old in his second coming at the Eels.

Hayne's reputation has taken a hit since returning to the sport and the perception of him as a negative influence has stuck.

However, Arthur has leapt to the defence of Hayne, adamant he has had no difficulties with the two-time Dally M Medallist.

"I don't see it as a risk and I'm not prepared to put the club in jeopardy," Arthur told NRL.com on Friday night.

"It's a positive. He wants to play at our club. Who says it's a risk? Fans say it's a risk because they are all making comments around perception. Do you honestly know what happens at our club or what happened at the Titans other than what you get told by a few people with their own agendas?

"All I know is how he was in 2014 at our club and I had no problems with him. He got the joint Dally M player of the year.

"He's going to come in and make us a better team. There's no 'we need Jarryd to do this or do that'. We don't need him to win games of football for us on his own."

In his conversations with Hayne, Arthur wanted to make sure the former Gold Coast Titans No.1 wanted to return for the right reasons. He offered what he thought was a reasonable deal, but around $700,000 less than what Hayne could have earned if he played on at the Titans.

Hayne didn't baulk. Nor did he hesitate when Arthur told him it would only be a one-year deal.

"In the conversations I've had with him, he's never been clearer in all his life with what he wants – and that's to play with Parramatta," Arthur said.

"He's making a very big financial sacrifice so that was a fair indication of his intentions and his motivation behind coming back. How many players in the game give up that sort of money? Most players leaving a club for another club go for more money not less.

"His heart is in this. You can see that whenever he plays with his heart in something, whether it's for NSW or for Fiji or in America, he performs. We're not desperate for anyone. We're in a strong position as a team and he's going to make us a better team. We're here to win a comp, we're not here to run fourth."

Arthur also gave Hayne no guarantees about where he would play. It is most likely Hayne will start the year at left centre alongside Corey Norman in defence, but that doesn't mean he won't command the No.1 jersey in time through his performances.

There's a fear among some Eels fans Hayne's signature could cost them the services of Bevan French or Clint Gutherson.

But Arthur has told Hayne the pair are pivotal to the club's future plans and will be given first crack at the No.1 jersey for the opening game of the season against Penrith at Panthers Stadium.

"Clint Gutherson and Bevan French are part of the long-term future at our club and potential leaders of our club," Arthur said.

"They know exactly where they stand. Gutho is not going to be fit for the early rounds of the season coming off an ACL and Semi Radradra has left the club and we haven't replaced him. Jarryd can play in the centres, wing, fullback and five-eighth. I've sat down with Bevan and Gutho and told them exactly where they stand.

"They have earned the right to have every shot at fullback. Jarryd's fine with that. He's very confident in his own ability and in his eyes he's going to do everything he can to get selected. But at the end of the day he's comfortable to play wherever is best for the team and he's made that clear to me."

Exsilium

First Grade
I am not confident he will succeed.

If he does, don’t care because his circus and constant dumb f**kery has changed my opinion of him. His success from here is trivial when considering his last couple years

Showtime

Juniors
Everyone agrees that Hayne is the most dangerous x factor player in the game.
As has been mentioned by everyone, the skills he brings are on another level to anyone else in the game. He is a big game player and a big time play maker. He makes plays happen with his skills which are always a class above. He thrives on the big plays. We could make a list of his big plays if we had time, which we don't. It surprised many that Sterlo said today that in origin training camp he was an excellent team man. Coach Tomsula and Coach Civeniceva also rave about his application and professionalism. The only question mark will be his health. All of the Parra boys love him.
As has been said he is awesome.

Surely you don't believe that a guy who will be 30 by the time the season starts is capable of playing at at a level of his 2009 and 2014 seasons in what were his only consistent years.

The "x factor" and "big time player" is long gone but that's not to say he can't be serviceable. I'm just not sure his teammates will be appreciative of a guy playing solid footy carrying on with his wannabe American athlete persona.

If he is what you say he is, what happened in origin this year? Can't blame Neil Henry for that.

Showtime

Juniors
I am not confident he will succeed.

If he does, don’t care because his circus and constant dumb f**kery has changed my opinion of him. His success from here is trivial when considering his last couple years

I don't think he'll succeed. His skill set which made him so damaging seems more conducive to the younger version of himself. In some ways Inglis was probably the same.

He strikes me as too dumb to try and improve his game in other ways thinking he's still capable of producing his previous form which was a long time ago.