What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another forum has reported Suli has been released to the Dogs

Clifferd

Coach
6D6F2883-AAC2-4F4F-80F8-4B3E947C1294.jpeg

cant help but think the scum dogs are trying to take mini shots at our club with pics like this

On Suli, he looks underdone. But not 20kgs underdone like some media reports stated

Vic Mackey

Referee
Marsters outperformed Suli in every aspect. Focus on developing Suli and Miline and we will reap the rewards

Marsters had a better year however he is also 2 years older then Suli. Esan has the skills to be a very good first grader and possible rep player, whereas Suli has the talent to be the best outside back in the game.

Make no mistake if I had to pick I’d take Marsters any day as he clearly has the work ethic (he came back from the break 5kgs leaner as Cleary told him he sees him as a center, whereas as the fat f*%k came back 20kgs overweight). It’s just a shame Suli let us down so much.

Vic Mackey

Referee
View attachment 17349

cant help but think the scum dogs are trying to take mini shots at our club with pics like this

On Suli, he looks underdone. But not 20kgs underdone like some media reports stated

F*#k the dogs. I hope we rape them next year.

There’s no way Suli gave a shit about playing with a Woods again. From what I got told about Woods I’d be shocked if he said a word to Suli when they were both here.

With the stories about Suli as well as the Big 3/4 debacle, I am really liking the clean out. We were investing in all these players to get us back in the finals who developed this sense of entitlement to the detriment of on-field performance of the team, yet despite the egos none of these players have ever won anything.

With the stories about Suli as well as the Big 3/4 debacle, I am really liking the clean out.
Further to 'the clean out'.

Great piece in the Telecrap today.
Cleary has no regrets about Moses Suli's stunning exit off the bus, declaring the talented 19 year old just didn't fit the new culture he is driving.
Fair enough, he is the bus driver, conductor and ticket inspector, so everyone now knows what the club is about, about time.

Further to 'the clean out'.

Great piece in the Telecrap today.
Fair enough, he is the bus driver, conductor and ticket inspector, so everyone now knows what the club is about, about time.

Good, it keeps everyone on their toes, if you think you're above the coach or what the club is trying to do, then you can f**k off, regardless of how good you think you are on the field.

BrotherJim05

Bench
Even if Suli becomes the best centre in the NRL, I won't be disappointed that we let him go. Building a new culture is our #1 priority.

It sucks that we pretty much lost Addo Carr over this but you cant live in regret. Hopefully Addo Carr gets homesick or something and comes back to Tigers!!!!

Clifferd

Coach
Another thing to add onto the Suli departure..anyone remember a “talented” kid called Paseska? a year later, struggling at reserve grade level. Seems lazy, illdisciplined and doesn’t have the hunger. Suli seems the same to m

I’m not one for predictions but I can see Suli being another one of these kids

Tiger Ted

Bench
Another thing to add onto the Suli departure..anyone remember a “talented” kid called Paseska? a year later, struggling at reserve grade level. Seems lazy, illdisciplined and doesn’t have the hunger. Suli seems the same to m

I’m not one for predictions but I can see Suli being another one of these kids
Agree

f**k him.Hes just another dispensable bone headed ingrate !

simmo05

Bench
Can anyone provide an example of a 16 year old, zero first grade experience, being paid shit loads and living up to the hype? I cant think of one off the top of my head

Clifferd

Coach
Can anyone provide an example of a 16 year old, zero first grade experience, being paid shit loads and living up to the hype? I cant think of one off the top of my head

Jack bird comes to mind. He was ridiculously good at schoolboy level and would always play 2 age groups up. About the only kid I can think of that’s lived up to the hype at an early age

Das Hassler

Bench
Elias. ...he was talked up as a schoolboy as the next ( little) big thing for the tigers so had to hit the ground running ...Ian Walsh took aim at him right from the getgo but was gracious enough to say that he was wrong to suggest that he wouldn't be able to handle it when Elias retired....at his best he was as amazing to watch as benji. ...too bad he became such a divisive figure around the club

Last edited:

BrotherJim05

Bench
Brooks was hyped up more than any player in recent memory. He actually lived up to the hype under Potter, then completely fell away under JT.

Hopefully Cleary can take him to the next level

Ron's_Mate

Bench
On second thoughts ... was Benji on big money at the start? Might have been on a moderate contract, but I do remember the big expectations of him before his debut. I guess Simmo's point is that giving a kid big money before he has proved himself can turn out badly. I suspect it's the managers playing various clubs off against each other and pocketing a nice commission. I seem to recall with Suli that we supposedly had to pay big $$$ because Bellamy and the Storm were after him.

simmo05

Bench
They have learnt a few lessons with Brooks, moses and suli i think. Pay them what they are worth when they are young. If they leave for a better deal good riddance, there is always the next future champion coming through.

super_coach

First Grade
It seems the tactic of putting a lot of time and money into so called junior super stars is certainly not the road to take. Penrith are now having the same issues, having just released Moylan and Cartwright. A lot of money and hype at a early age can cause a lot of other issues down the track

Crazyperpman

Juniors
It will be very interesting to see how the Roosters go this year. They have an impressive top 17 and a very skinny bottom 13. This is an eggs all in the one basket year where 2 or 3 injuries could be disastrous.

If they win this year, in 2019 you will see a lot more clubs disregarding the importance of developing juniors and having balanced 30 man squad and doing exactly the same thing for short term gains.

As we all know, buying established, proven first graders beats the hell out of putting all the effort in to developing these ungrateful millennials only to have them leave for more money when they become worth anything.

Last edited:

Latest posts