What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another forum has reported Suli has been released to the Dogs

Funny you say that, Loko was the exact example I used when talking to my mate this afternoon.

Next big thing on big money at eels. Had a couple of knee injuries, got fat, trouble off field, released to dogs, still fat, still trouble off field.

Now only 25 and playing in the bush.
It was really sad what happened to him tbh, he had multiple injuries as a youngester and it ruined his career. He could have easily been a rep player if things had gone better.

super_coach

First Grade
It will be very interesting to see how the Roosters go this year. They have an impressive top 17 and a very skinny bottom 13. This is an eggs all in the one basket year where 2 or 3 injuries could be disastrous.

If they win this year, in 2019 you will see a lot more clubs disregarding the importance of developing juniors and having balanced 30 man squad and doing exactly the same thing for short term gains.

As we all know, buying established, proven first graders beats the hell out of putting all the effort in to developing these ungrateful millennials only to have them leave for more money when they become worth anything.

The Chooks and a few other clubs for years have been focusing on buying the real deal rather than go down the road of juniors, We need to reward the clubs who are developing juniors and handicap the clubs who dont. Anyway its all been said before and yes, maybe we are better spending our cap on players who have cut it in the NRL and life, rather the egoistic super brats

Vic Mackey

Referee
It will be very interesting to see how the Roosters go this year. They have an impressive top 17 and a very skinny bottom 13. This is an eggs all in the one basket year where 2 or 3 injuries could be disastrous.

If they win this year, in 2019 you will see a lot more clubs disregarding the importance of developing juniors and having balanced 30 man squad and doing exactly the same thing for short term gains.

As we all know, buying established, proven first graders beats the hell out of putting all the effort in to developing these ungrateful millennials only to have them leave for more money when they become worth anything.

Agree and this is why I’m careful rating the Roosters. The 1-13 is amazing however even their bench is pretty average and after that it’s Ron Massey stuff. If Tedesco, Cronk or JWH go down they are in all sorts.

Tiger Ted

Bench
Agree and this is why I’m careful rating the Roosters. The 1-13 is amazing however even their bench is pretty average and after that it’s Ron Massey stuff. If Tedesco, Cronk or JWH go down they are in all sorts.
ACL rupture for turdesco & snapped Achilles heel for Cronk !

Tiger Ted

Bench
Additionally a pectoral tear for jwh would complete the perfect trifecta although he is nowhere near as indispensable as the 1 & 7.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Additionally a pectoral tear for jwh would complete the perfect trifecta although he is nowhere near as indispensable as the 1 & 7.

Agree although I think it’s more so that their depth is non existent. Their 3rd prop is Zane Tetevano and then it’s guys with a lower profile then Kyle Lovett.

simmo05

Bench
Agree although I think it’s more so that their depth is non existent. Their 3rd prop is Zane Tetevano and then it’s guys with a lower profile then Kyle Lovett.
They have stacked the backs, any injuries in the pigs, especially JWH, they are cooked!

BrotherJim05

Bench

Mate you are 100% correct in both regards. Roosters have the best backline in the comp and will pile on points against weaker teams. However, I think by end of season they will get found out, and teams with strong forward packs will edge them out.

I legitimately believe we can beat the Roosters rd 1. They will come out guns blazing and put on a few tries, then get comfortable and think they have the game in the bag. If our forward pack gets a roll on I reckon we can beat them into submission and edge them out. If we achieve this then Roosters will have a long season ahead of them as all teams will start doing this against them

Vic Mackey

Referee
Mate you are 100% correct in both regards. Roosters have the best backline in the comp and will pile on points against weaker teams. However, I think by end of season they will get found out, and teams with strong forward packs will edge them out.

I legitimately believe we can beat the Roosters rd 1. They will come out guns blazing and put on a few tries, then get comfortable and think they have the game in the bag. If our forward pack gets a roll on I reckon we can beat them into submission and edge them out. If we achieve this then Roosters will have a long season ahead of them as all teams will start doing this against them

Would obviously love a win but I’ll settle for a committed performance with promising signs in round 1. I do think the roosters are a lot more vulnerable then everyone’s making out. Cronk has played in the same system for 12 years with 2 of the greatest players of all time inside and outside him. He won’t hit the ground running.

Either way it will (hopefully) be nice not watching the roosters making 70m every set against a softcock pack!

Fordy20

Juniors

Eloni Vunakece would probably have a higher profile thanks to the World Cup, but apart from him that's about it.

Eloni Vunakece would probably have a higher profile thanks to the World Cup
Another product of Holy Cross, Ryde. Played NSW Cup for the Tigers before heading off to France.

Certainly a late bloomer.

Vic Mackey

Referee
But but but it’s the tigers who are a rabble and made him this way, the Dogs are a professional club and will get the best from him

Tiger Ted

Bench
What a massively joyous article.

Another lemon recruited under the watch of the toxic recruitment mgr warren the gump McDonnell!