What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Moyza V Jimmy debate. Put to bed.

chewsta

First Grade
Jimmy loves a facial trauma. Never seen a bloke get his head busted up so consistently.

ragzouken

Juniors
Don't see many people saying that.

Statistically speaking Moylan has been better we all know stats don’t tell the whole story but moyza leads the comp In Assists ( combined LBA and TA) in 12 matches Moylan has 25 assists 13 LBA’s and 12 TA’s, Maloney has 15 total assists from 13 club games 7 LBA’s and 6 TA’s, if just looking at stats Moylan has been twice the player Maloney has at club, do Penrith have more weapons then we do? Or is Moylan actually playing well and no one likes to move on from their ex.?

Although if we bring errors into it moylan has a 4.2% chance of making a error where Maloney has a 2.4%, Maloney’s repeat set percentage and general kicking game is also far and away better then moylans but I doubt he was brought into the squad to be a good kicker.

The difference is largely exaggerated and we are just a seemingly overrated football side since everything aligned in 2016.

Also Moylan 1, Maloney 0 in H2H so far

What I’m trying to say is Moylan has been impressive in his start to the year and no one wants to give the merkin credit

Edit: also just wanted to add before people claim it’s all because of Newcastle, Penrith have also played Newcastle this year and Maloney was not nearly as impressive.

Last edited:
half of those came in one game against the worst defensive side in the comp.
stats are funny like that.
its no coincidence we play like penrith use to and penrith play like we use to.

annnnnd Moyza back in front. This display from Jimmy tonight is the worst I've seen from a Penrith half since that one time Richie Williams got a game