What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chambers' crusher tackle

kbw

Bench
Also worth pointing out is the reaction from the rest of the Eels team, or lack of reaction. Usually players would have came rushing in for the ol push and shove act, but all parra players did was 1 player came in to give Chambers a rub on the head to say thanks for the penalty. Now that to me could mean 1 of 2 things, 1 - there was nothing in the tackle or 2 - the rest of the Eels team just doesn’t give a shit about Hayne

My feel was the reaction of the Eels players was stunned disbelief, basically saying "what the f**k have you done"
Shield you can't defend the indefensible if you keep trying you will end up a Souffs supporter

Valheru

Coach
Also worth pointing out is the reaction from the rest of the Eels team, or lack of reaction. Usually players would have came rushing in for the ol push and shove act, but all parra players did was 1 player came in to give Chambers a rub on the head to say thanks for the penalty. Now that to me could mean 1 of 2 things, 1 - there was nothing in the tackle or 2 - the rest of the Eels team just doesn’t give a shit about Hayne

Yes adjudicating the game based on player reactions is the way to go.

There would be a penalty to melbourne every time one of their players were tackled if they did that.

The Rosco

Bench
All the tackles that have animal parts, violence adjectives, or just plain scary bits in their names, all originated in Melbourne.
Crusher, chicken wing, spleen cruncher, testicle burster, ligament disintegrater, the Slater "studs in your face while he catches the ball" . . . all of these were born in Melbourne.
Just sayin . . . . And while I don't particularly want to see people hurt, there was more than a sarcastic sprinkling of karma in Cammy getting hurt while being twisted around, a la WWE, the other night.

BAD KITTY !!!

The_Shield

Juniors
Yes adjudicating the game based on player reactions is the way to go.

There would be a penalty to melbourne every time one of their players were tackled if they did that.
Who said anything about adjudicating the game based on player reaction. All I said was he’s teammates didn’t react like players do when someone does the dirty on their teammate

JokerEel

Coach
Wasn't a "Crusher" but was just as bad he put his body weight on Haynes neck. Did the same to brown...

Storm have a problem with needing to wrap their arms around opponents head/neck in a tackle..

chewsta

First Grade
The fact the merkin jumped before coming down on top of Hayne's neck and head area with all his weight, is proof enough that he intended to hurt Hayne. Hayne was going nowhere and the tackle was complete. Grub act from a merkin of a human. Should sit out the rest of the season.

Illawarra Tiger

Juniors
Dreadful play that should be left in the professional wrestling ring. It was part reverse ddt, part stunner, part chartbuster, part diamond cutter.

myrrh ken

First Grade
upload_2018-8-20_13-23-19.jpeg
Jarrod-McCracken-5313764.jpg

Just some great storm technique

wibble

Bench
Gone for three weeks, realistically should've been gone for the season. Particularly after they uncover that he did the exact same thing to Nathan Brown earlier in the game. If that doesn't explicitly show that this is a deliberate tactic to injure the opposition I don't know what does. Storm will be going Tonya Harding style next year and only getting fined.

Didn't see the Brown tackle until today, but that wasn't real good either. Very lucky to be playing finals this year.

Whatever we think of the Storm "wrestle" (I hate it but acknowledge all teams do it to some extent), there is no way Bellamy wants Chambers to do that shit. It can not do anything positive and can cause horrible injury, and for the Storm, keeps Chambers on the sideline, and a bad moment away from a huge suspension.

Someguy

First Grade
He should be rubbed out for the season and then some.

Not sure why Gallen is throwing his opinion around on this one though, he pretty much killed Kyle turners career with one of his own grub tackles

Generalzod

Immortal
One word that's describes Chambers tackle Despicable could have done major injury to the spine, this is the shit that the Storm introduced to the game do you love your handy work Bellamy.....

Latest posts