What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chambers' crusher tackle

wibble

Bench
I actually agree it is not a text book crusher with pressure on the head.

But it is clearly high pressure on the upper spine combined with a jump that could have put Hayne in a wheelchair. It is not needed in the game, and 3 to 5 weeks seems about right.

McLovin

Staff member
If any major city sits at the bottom of the list it's Sydney and it's not even close. I can't wait to vacate this hell and move to QLD next year.

McLovin

Staff member
Prove me wrong than d!ckhead. It was not a crusher tackle

Typically with crusher tackles, the attacking player places their hand at the back of the head/neck to relieve pain. Hayne immediately placed his hands over his eyes. I think he was faking injury to get Chambers in trouble but I could be wrong.

Willie Ray

Bench
At some point the coach needs to get suspended. Bellamy is responsible for all of these tackling techniques. Get rid of him for 5 weeks. Make him spend 5 weeks in Adelaide.
You're a hard man T-Boon....but add to that the coach who's team wins the wooden spoon should face a firing squad before kick-off on Grand Final Day for the entertainment of all die-hard RL fans.

The_Shield

Juniors
Prove me wrong than d!ckhead. It was not a crusher tackle
Hell I’ll even put an incentive on this just to make it more interesting. If anybody has proof, a video or picture from that other side, that clearly shows that this was a crusher tackle where Hayne’s head gets bent into his chest, then I will leave the forum for good

The_Shield

Juniors
Typically with crusher tackles, the attacking player places their hand at the back of the head/neck to relieve pain. Hayne immediately placed his hands over his eyes. I think he was faking injury to get Chambers in trouble but I could be wrong.
Also worth pointing out is the reaction from the rest of the Eels team, or lack of reaction. Usually players would have came rushing in for the ol push and shove act, but all parra players did was 1 player came in to give Chambers a rub on the head to say thanks for the penalty. Now that to me could mean 1 of 2 things, 1 - there was nothing in the tackle or 2 - the rest of the Eels team just doesn’t give a shit about Hayne

kbw

Bench
Nothing that wrong with the tackle to begin with.
Until he does his "little" jump which does push the head forward.

the guys is a prick but then again is only doing what he is taught to do.

Latest posts