What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

04/05: the season of inter

half

Coach
i've read that inter has signed davids but i dunno if that's true. i hope so cos he's cool

and we've signed cambiasso. i dunno if he's good but he comes from real so i'm assuming he has to be better than c zanetti at worst... right?

and veron. well eh

with these players, will inter finally have a midfield worthy of a top serie a team? i think so

finally, mancini. let's hope he lasts more than 6 months

ps. lame hybrid tiger posts are not allowed in this thread

hybrid_tiger

Coach
:lol:

Ah, it has begun.

So you thought you could use the summer break to get this thread out of the way early, before it all happens? ;-)

Inter will win it all this year because:

1) The coach says so.
2) The players say so.
3) they have about 15 new players they bought this year who are the best in the world
4) they got rid of the 15 players they bought last year, who were the best in the world , because they turned out to be crap

and this year's new reason is:
5) Moratti is not in charge anymore, even though he's in the papers all the time telling us what Inter will be doing.

Seriously halfy, what else is new? Same sh!t different year.

Oh, and sorry - I couldn't resist. ;-)

half

Coach
i was thinking more because they've fixed up the weaknesses of the squad from last season with savvy off-season recruiting

i haven't heard many others talking up the chances of inter next season either. obviously ac milan and juve have strong squads and will be very tough to beat. but by god inter will do it

hybrid_tiger

Coach
half said:
i was thinking more because they've fixed up the weaknesses of the squad from last season with savvy off-season recruiting

i haven't heard many others talking up the chances of inter next season either. obviously ac milan and juve have strong squads and will be very tough to beat. but by god inter will do it

IMO, until they p1ss of Moratti, they will never win the title.

There is something wrong internally with the club and it needs to be resolved until they are able to compete with the other top 3 clubs.

They recruit well every off-season.

And i'll give my opinions of Roma's chances when they complete their purchases on the transfer market.

I will say one thing though, if we get Gilardino then shut the gate. ;-)

half

Coach
half said:
no roma crap in this thread

and i swear you have used that moratti line 100 times already

Raider Ultra

Bench
Just curious, has anyone on this thread ever actually seen their team play? Or do you watch it on tv all the time?

hybrid_tiger

Coach
half said:
half said:
no roma crap in this thread

and i swear you have used that moratti line 100 times already

But seriously, surely even you can see he is the problem? I'm not bagging the club in this instance, just providing constructive criticism.

He has probably spent as much money as Real in the past few seasons all to win a TIM Cup.

Ultra, I've never been to watch a Roma game, but I'm waiting for the fixture list to come out so I can book a trip over there early next year.

*Waits for The Greatest Brain to slash his useless drivel in this thread about how I'm not a supporter because I've never been to a live game. :roll:

El Coconuto

Bench
I've never been to a live Chelsea game because I don't have the funds to get there. Needless to say, I still consider myself a true blues fan!

half

Coach
Raider Ultra said:
Just curious, has anyone on this thread ever actually seen their team play? Or do you watch it on tv all the time?
yeah whenever i go over to milan for modelling i make sure to catch a game

and sure moratti is a problem, but his influence is really overstated

nothing will get in the way of imminent inter success

Craig

Juniors
Rest assured if Inter has signed Edgar Davids it is not on the official website so far and it has not been announced.

Apparently Nicola Ventoa and Mario Rebbichi have returned back to Inter from their loan spells away.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
but his influence is really overstated

Moratti runs the entire club from top to bottom.

Despite what you are led to believe, Fachetti is a puppet who was installed to take some focus of Moratti, as he was being heavily criticised by the clubs fans.

I'm pretty sure you'll find that Fachetti just does what Moratti tells him too.

Craig

Juniors
Well if Roman Abramovich or Bill Gates hand me one of their billions, I would give Moratti an offer he can't refuse and sell up.

That's just it,, he will still be in charge until he decides to sell up when he has had enough or somebody gives him an offer he can't say no to.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Craig said:
Well if Roman Abramovich or Bill Gates hand me one of their billions, I would give Moratti an offer he can't refuse and sell up.

That's just it,, he will still be in charge until he decides to sell up when he has had enough or somebody gives him an offer he can't say no to.

And until that day comes, Inter will not win anything of note.

Btw, I'm not attacking the club right now, just stating my opinion. If it was my club, I would be very, very p1ssed off with Moratti. He is a p1ss poor owner.

half

Coach
so moratti was the reason inter lost to lazio on the last day a couple of seasons ago?

and the uefa cup is not noteworthy?

hybrid, stop overstating the problem. it's boring

inter has signed argentine defender nicolas burdisso from boca juniors. i hope he's great

and craig, i don't trust anything until i see it on the official inter site. so many lies are made up about our club *sad face*

Melstar

Juniors
Moratti is obviously part of the problem, and hybrid, you're probably quite right abotu Fachetti just being a puppet but unfortunately I dont see Moratti letting go of the reigns for quite some time yet.
Its incredibly frustrating that we seem to constantly be recruiting class players yet they never seem to live up to their potential while playing for us, which makes me question exactly what the problem really is. I'm at a loss to be honest.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
half said:
so moratti was the reason inter lost to lazio on the last day a couple of seasons ago?

and the uefa cup is not noteworthy?

hybrid, stop overstating the problem. it's boring

inter has signed argentine defender nicolas burdisso from boca juniors. i hope he's great

and craig, i don't trust anything until i see it on the official inter site. so many lies are made up about our club *sad face*

Moratti bought the players. It's as simple as that.

And unless you are a second-tier club, the UEFA Cup is not note-worthy.

But if you want to be happy with mediocrity, then that's your loss.

Melstar - the problem lies internally at the club. I don't know what it is, and most people wouldnt. But it all starts at the top. Personally, all management should be sacked in order to wipe the slate clean.

IMO, Inter seem to accept mediocrity. Take for instance last season, when they were happy with a 4th place finish. Juve finished 3rd last season and it was described as one of their worst seasons in recent memory. There is a loser's mentaility at Inter. It's as simple as that.

half

Coach
you're really overstating the problem

and i don't think many inter fans were all too happy about finishing 4th, but realised it was much better than finishing 7th

even so, i'm just thankful to support a club with class, dignity and a proud history

hybrid_tiger

Coach
half said:
you're really overstating the problem

and i don't think many inter fans were all too happy about finishing 4th, but realised it was much better than finishing 7th

even so, i'm just thankful to support a club with class, dignity and a proud history

How am I overstating the problem?

The club has spent a truckload of money in the last 10 years or so and what do they have to show for it? A TIM Cup and a UEFA Cup, plus regular coach changes, player changes and reports of in-fighting, instability and general mix-ups.

Yep, definately class and dignity there. :shock:

Craig

Juniors
hybrid_tiger said:

Melstar - the problem lies internally at the club. I don't know what it is, and most people wouldnt. But it all starts at the top. Personally, all management should be sacked in order to wipe the slate clean.

IMO, Inter seem to accept mediocrity. Take for instance last season, when they were happy with a 4th place finish. Juve finished 3rd last season and it was described as one of their worst seasons in recent memory. There is a loser's mentaility at Inter. It's as simple as that.

So how was finishing second percieved by Galliorossi supporters?

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Craig said:
hybrid_tiger said:

So how was finishing second percieved by Galliorossi supporters?

Considering we were winter champions, and were playing some brilliant football, hammering the likes of Inter, Parma, Juventus and Lazio, not very well.

Most Roma fans believed that this season was the best chance for us to win the title since 2001, and I would go as far as saying that Roma would have won the Scudetto any other season. However, Milan's stellar performance throughout the year proved to be too much.

So to answer your question, 2nd place wasnt taken too well. As you could tell by the suspended derby etc.