What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

04/05: the season of inter

weasel

First Grade
Upon reading the title of this months old thread now, I'm reminded of Nostradamus. Two defeats in the Serie A; just two defeats, less than even champions, Juventus. Plus they went as far as Juve in the CL and lifted the Coppa Italia. Sure, on a European level it perhaps wasn't the season of Inter, there were much better teams out there; Chelsea, Liverpool, Lyon, CSKA Moscow. But on a purely italian level, their exploits were particularly noteable and awesome.

weasel said:
Upon reading the title of this months old thread now, I'm reminded of Nostradamus. Two defeats in the Serie A; just two defeats, less than even champions, Juventus. Plus they went as far as Juve in the CL and lifted the Coppa Italia. Sure, on a European level it perhaps wasn't the season of Inter, there were much better teams out there; Chelsea, Liverpool, Lyon, CSKA Moscow. But on a purely italian level, their exploits were particularly noteable and awesome.

I wouldn't go that far. I will say 2004/05 was a great springboard for 2005/06 provided Inter pick up 2 defenders and get Veron fulltime from Chelsea and keep most of the rest of the squad together. They started with 11 draws from 13 games and that is where the title was gone. But from November onwards they more than matched the top 2 on a week to week basis although in fairness AC Milan seemed to have there measure with 3 wins and a draw from 4 clashes. There is a lot to look forward to for next season with Inter though.

As always good to see some silverware in Milan and not for the Rossineri.