What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

04/05 transfer predictions

Craig

Juniors
Mad Dogg said:
But apparantly Spurs have signed Jermain Defoe. Not sure whether he's joining them straight away or waiting till the end of the season.

Joining straight away.

aqua_duck

Coach
I wouldn't be surprised if Robinho the young Brazilian prodigy hailed as the next Pele were to join Barcelona, he's made it clear that if he was to move to Europe, Barcelona would be his ideal destination.

Craig

Juniors
Digging up this thread.

Andy van der Mayde wants to quit Inter and wants to go back to Ajax or even to England with Birmingham showing some interest.

Apparently van der Mayde is sick of sitting on the bench with Inter.

Hightown Tiger

Juniors
Also rumoured to be moving:

Shota Arveladze (Rangers) to Ajax

Mikel Arteta (Rangers) to a Spanish team, probably Athletico Madrid

Joe Cole (Chelsea) to another Premiership team, probably Everton.

Alan Smith (Leeds Utd) to Newcastle, depending on the offer.

Niemi (Goalkeeper, Southampton) to Arsenal

Hightown Tiger

Juniors
watto said:
anybody believe wayne rooney will leave everton or will he stay ?

I think there is a real possibility. If Chelski were to offer £30million+, I don' think Everton would be in the position to turn this down. With £30million they can buy 3-4 top class players.
Likewise I think the lure of the capital might just tempt young Rooney to move to Chelski.

watto

Juniors
I think if Everton were to sell Rooney then they would lose a real asset. Sure if they get relegated (god forbiding) he will move for sure, but if they stay up I believe Wayne has the loyalty to stick it out. If Everton can attract a few more good players to our ranks Wayne can only improve more. But this is highly unlikely as they dont have the money to attract high profile players.
***********CALLING ALL RUSSIAN BILLIONAIRES ***************
Quite a conundrum we have here. What will David Moyes do ??????

Craig

Juniors
Some wild rumours about RVN going to Barcelona has emerged.

Any club who wants to bid for RVN gets Fergie's right middle finger shoved at your face.

Dogaholic

First Grade
Craig said:
Some wild rumours about RVN going to Barcelona has emerged.

Any club who wants to bid for RVN gets Fergie's right middle finger shoved at your face.

Along with Ruud's middle finger

Matt23

Staff member
Do you mean Cisse, Sandy?

Rafeal Van Dar Vaart to Barcelona
Damien Duff to Manchester United

Mad Dogg

Juniors
Philippe Mexes to Roma
If you do get him, does it mean Samuel is on his way?

If Man Utd do get a defender during the off-season, I hope it is one of them. Either get Mexes straight up, or he go to Roma and we then buy Samuel (although we'd have to contend with money-bags Chelsea).

Matt23

Staff member
I hear Liverpool are planning a clearout, Sandy?
Diouf, Heskey, Diao, Smicer, Henchoz, Traore?