What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

04/05 transfer predictions

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Mad Dogg said:
Philippe Mexes to Roma
If you do get him, does it mean Samuel is on his way?

If Man Utd do get a defender during the off-season, I hope it is one of them. Either get Mexes straight up, or he go to Roma and we then buy Samuel (although we'd have to contend with money-bags Chelsea).

Mexes would replace Zebina in our backline.

Im pretty sure Samuel will be going nowhere. Emerson looks like he may be going though.

------------Mexes------------Samuel--------------Chivu------------

Quite a defence eh?

Matt23

Staff member
Hybrid any word on where Christian Vieri will end up, because the chances of him staying at Inter would 'nr be high after his falling out with Zaccheroni would they?

blackfriday

Juniors
big sam was pretty certain rivaldo was off to bolton. i think arsene wenger already signed van persie. wherever pienaar, van der vaart or kezman go, it will be a big club. i hope man yoo get van der vaart and samuel.

Mal Meninga

Bench
Van der vaart has his heart set on Barcelona. He rates Spain as a higher league than England, and his mum or grandmother is a Catalan. Eiether he or Albert Luque will be off to Barcelona as they have Catalan links. Luque was a former junior of Barcelona and looks like a reunion is on the cards so long as they pay 20m+ euros. Another player who's set for Barcelona is the clinical David Trezuguet, exactly what they need as he'll make space for Ronaldinho and finish the chances from Xavi.

Arteta's move to Atletico(it's atleti not athletico as they are a Spanish club) was put on hold last off season due to no money\president going to jail. I've watched some Rangers games this season and he's probably not worth more than 1-2m euro's which Rangers paid almost 3x more for.

Beckham's rocky private life has spilt onto the pitch as he's been extremely ineffective for the past 4 months. First season that a "Galatico" has been bought yet no success will come of it -- Probably a move to Chelsea?

Real Madrid won't buy a defender. They'll rely on their youth system products hoping one of them ends up being half as good as Puyol. They'll probably end up buying Ruud van Nistelrooy or Thierry Henry, with maybe Francesco Totti as an outside chance. All 3 places have huge appeal, and definately fit the "Zidanes y Pavones" policy of the world stars playing with the homegrown's. Although I think that if Henry does move to the Bernebau he'll have Anelka like impact(not good to say the least)

And for the European champs of 2004 Deportivo La Coruna -- We'll buy Diego the wonderkid from Santos 8)

Mad Dogg

Juniors
Van der vaart has his heart set on Barcelona. He rates Spain as a higher league than England, and his mum or grandmother is a Catalan.
I don't think he rates Spain as a higher league, other than Barca he seems to view them equally. The problem for him is that he is best used in the hole behind the strikers, which is of course where Ronaldinho is absolutely ripping it up for Barca. So unless they plan on using VDV on the left (and he accepts that less preferred position), I can't see them signing him. Which hopefully opens it up for us to make our move. :twisted:

Real Madrid won't buy a defender. They'll rely on their youth system products hoping one of them ends up being half as good as Puyol. They'll probably end up buying Ruud van Nistelrooy or Thierry Henry, with maybe Francesco Totti as an outside chance. All 3 places have huge appeal, and definately fit the "Zidanes y Pavones" policy of the world stars playing with the homegrown's. Although I think that if Henry does move to the Bernebau he'll have Anelka like impact(not good to say the least)
They won't sign Ruud. Along with Chelsea, we're the one club in the world who can laugh in their faces no matter how much money they're offering. And he's just signed a new 5 year contract so he doesn't want to go anywhere.

If they do sign a galactico striker, you reckon that Raul or Ronaldo will be sold? Raul is already unhappy enough with the current situation (plus has been in poor form this season), and Ronaldo has never been a real crowd favourite.

Craig

Juniors
- Dado Prso to either Chelsea, Middlesbrough, Liverpool, Newcastle or potentially Fulham (will depend on getting into Europe). The good thing is that he will be available on a free transfer;

- Lucio could be joining Chelsea on a free transfer (?), however, Desailly should be taken out the back and shot;

- Despite rumors going around, there is no chance in hell Roy Keane, Rio Ferdinand or Ryan Giggs wil be leaving Man U. I dont see the logic in it since those three are important/vital for them.

SP

Bench
Alan Smith to either Liverpool or Newcastle
Mark Viduka to Boro
Heskey to Birmingham (i hope its true, now we just have to piss Diouf off)

Craig

Juniors
Send Diouf to some 3rd Division club.

Andy van der Meyde back to Ajax on a transfer or to some English club on loan.

xXSANDYXx

Bench
Lewis said:
Alan Smith to either Liverpool or Newcastle
Mark Viduka to Boro
Heskey to Birmingham (i hope its true, now we just have to piss Diouf off)
the heskeymo is staying at liverpool. owen can go though ;-) ....... who needs him when we're getting Cisse 8)

Craig

Juniors
The same Diouf who hasnt scored in something like 45 matches?

Yet got named as football's Top 120 players of all time :roll: #-o #-o