What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

09 :: PF1 Fri :: Bulldogs 12 Eels 22 @ ANZ

2009 Grand Finalist #1: Bulldogs or Eels?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Idris has been woefully out of form? :lol:

Sleep, did you actually watch him against the Knights? Behind Patten and Eastwood, he was amongst the best on the field!

Sleep

Juniors
Idris has been MIA for a while now. His defense especially has suffered of late. He hasn't played anywhere near his form from earlier in the year and I'd bet the Eels will be sending plenty of attack down his way. Against the Tigers he was among the worst on the field.

The entire Canterbury team was pretty sloppy against Newcastle, Idris included. I wouldn't be writing home about any individual performances from that game.

jimmythehand

Juniors
Idris defence has always been a problem, he's never been up in the line, always hangs back a bit even onthe goal line. Nothing new there. Should defend on the Wing and bring el masri into the centres.

But his running game was awesome against the knights.

I'm hoping for a competition to see who will disintegrate into the biggest mess - Grothe or Inu or Mateo. You know they all can do it :) They also could all star :(

Last edited:

Panthers_God

Juniors
Idris's defense is a huge weakness for the bulldogs out wide. His lateral movement and stop-start acceleration is terrible. Just not genuine back.

gsweeper

Juniors
Idris defence has always been a problem, he's never been up in the line, always hangs back a bit even onthe goal line. Nothing new there. Should defend on the Wing and bring el masri into the centres.

But his running game was awesome against the knights.

I'm hoping for a competition to see who will disintegrate into the biggest mess - Grothe or Inu or Mateo. You know they all can do it :) They also could all star :(

I have a feeling either two things are going to happen with the Eels
1. they will be super awesome and blow us off the park
2. they will burn out and implode

im hoping for a third option of the best game i have ever seen....

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Match day :crazy:

Mortimer trained well y'day and is a good chance to play, but will be given til this arvo. His uncle Steve was on FOX Sports last night and begged him not to play for fear of permanent re-injury.

jono

Juniors
Match day :crazy:

Mortimer trained well y'day and is a good chance to play, but will be given til this arvo. His uncle Steve was on FOX Sports last night and begged him not to play for fear of permanent re-injury.
Yeah , begged him not to play for fear of serious damage to his Bulldogs! :sarcasm:
Seriously , got a lotta respect for Steve and the entire Mortimer family , Steve always has put family first and his concerns will always be for the health of his nephew.:)

jimmythehand

Juniors
dogs by 8, 22-14. 16-14 with 10 to go and Grothe to throw a shocker of a pass which kimmorley swoops on and scores to seal the result.

Ridders

Coach
Dogs by 4. Ben Roberts will be the difference between the two teams. He will have a blinder.

0neye

Their acceptance into the inner sanctum has hastened to the point where Hillsong founder Brian Houston now watches games from the team enclosure, while his eldest son Ben has joined pre-match prayers in the dressing room.

:lol:PRAY PARRA PRAY:lol:
devil-transform.gif

Last edited: