What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

09 :: R14 Sun :: Dragons 32 Cowboys 18 @ WIN Wollongong

Round 14 :: Dragons v Cowboys

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kiki

First Grade
hahhahaha i know...Dell's pre game dancing is seriously one of my favourite things in league. ever ever. he is a god.

Rovelli

Bench
Good game this.

WIN faithful not forgiving towards Matty Bowen, though he was actually injured?

Still 20-12 with 13 minutes to go. Cowboys running out of time.

edit: Tonga scores! What a final ten this will be! Dragons 20-18

Last edited:
Cooper may have just wrapped it up for Saints with his second try for the day. Dragons 24-18, ktc.
edit: That should be it with the conversion landed.

Big Pete

Referee
It makes sense.

His enthusiasm whenever a Dragons player receives the ball in comparison to a Cowboys is deafening. It makes for a really unenjoyable experience.

It makes sense.

His enthusiasm whenever a Dragons player receives the ball in comparison to a Cowboys is deafening. It makes for a really unenjoyable experience.

Yeah, if people miss him saying it he sure makes it known in commentary that he is a Saints fan.

Well, Cowboys have been given a dose of reality. They had me fooled. This is the first real test they have had against a top team with all players fit. I still think they are in with a shot at the Top 4 though with improvement left in them.

Big Pete

Referee
Slow start but the loss of Matty Bowen really crueled their chances during the closing stages.

I still believe they'll be a certain top four side.

_Johnsy

Referee
It makes sense.

Now you know what it is like when Billy J Smith use to commentate on Bronco games, or any old QLD Ch9 games (when qld Ch9 use to broadcast).

I was close but get no cigar, as posted in cows forum on the 10-06-2009, 11:05 AM

Going to be a cracker.
St.G-Ill 32 - NQ 20
MOM Creagh, and he will get a double by running striaght over Burns.

I was just thinking, despite this setback the Cowboys should be a definite Top 4 side. With the Bulldogs and Dragons almost certainties to make it, who else is there?

Brisbane- lost all form and are leaking points big time. Origin has just started and Hodges is gone which won't help them.

Melbourne- a strong chance and may take up 3rd or 4th spot.

Gold Coast- I don't see them making the Top 4.

Penrith- Not consistent enough to be among the Top 4 sides at the end of the season.

Newcastle- Were bloody hopeless.

IMO, its really only between the Storm and Cowboys for 3rd and 4th.

Ianc

Juniors
I think we were quite off today, so that's a positive, we can improve. Our starts when we play away are a real concern though.
The Dragqueens were very polished & deserve to be at the top.

Iafeta

Referee
Quality game of football, and hopefully one that sends a message to the NSW selectors that Brett Morris picks himself as James McManus' replacement. He should have been there in the first place.

I will say though the Cowboys got some dubious calls against them for a lot of that second half;

* The penalty kick Soward takes, Cecchin rules that Watts interferes at the ruck. He's pinned down under Weyman, doesn't move, the ball doesn't touch him, nor does Matt Head the dummy half who knocks on... penalty. Go figure.
* The knock on ruling against Luke O'Donnell on the left edge. "He was trying to pass it". Sure he was, again another figment of the referees imagination.
* The not offside call after Soward knocks it down. "He came from an onside position". Beau Scott was a metre in front of Soward and never retreats behind him. Thurston laughs it off. That's about all you can at Tony Archer sometimes.
* The knock on in goal call against Matt Bowen. It's stripped defensively by Boyd over the dead ball line, Bowen's loss of control is only through the strip. It's call a knock in. Woeful call.

Some of the forward passes called/not called were dubious too. Creagh's offload to Cooper was, to be mild, flat at best, and then in the second half Thurston has a short pass onto Tonga that I don't mind being called forward if Creagh's is called forward. Inconsistent application of the rules there.

I don't think two referees is a good system when the second referee is a bloke like Matt Cecchin.

That said, I don't want to take anything away from the Dragons, I'm liking their style of play. They look great under a fair dinkum coach and not an ex player con. The go forward is tremendous, the backrowers are rangey and have good ball skills, the backs fast and strong and Soward is their dynamo. They have the ammunition to do the job on the premiership this year. The Cowboys IMO do not. Full credit to them.

Last edited:

Latest posts