What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

09 :: R18 Sat :: Knights 23 Raiders 4 @ EnergyAustralia

Round 18 :: Knights v Raiders

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Josh Dugan was about the only good thing about the Raiders tonight. Seriously we were disgraceful. Absolute garbage. A 19 year old lad with 7 games carried that side. The senior players should have a good look at themselves.

Blah what an awful night.

skeepe

Immortal
Josh Dugan was about the only good thing about the Raiders tonight. Seriously we were disgraceful. Absolute garbage. A 19 year old lad with 7 games carried that side. The senior players should have a good look at themselves.

Blah what an awful night.

To be fair, Tilse also had another awesome game. Wouldn't look out of place in a NSW jumper.

skeepe

Immortal
One player I was looking out for tonight after the massive wankfest from Knights fans was Zeb Taia... apart from one good carry, did he even take the ball up tonight? Completely anonymous.

mozza91

Coach
One player I was looking out for tonight after the massive wankfest from Knights fans was Zeb Taia... apart from one good carry, did he even take the ball up tonight? Completely anonymous.
And this rubbish player and his rubbish team easily beat your precious Raiders, depressing isn't it

Jesfery

Juniors

According to to nrl.com, he took it up 16 times for 140 metres... Second highest meters run behind your boyfriend. (Edit: Actually Third, McDonnell got 194)

:lol:

You look stupider with every post you make.

woodgers

Bench
I had one of those nights where I was only slightly unhappy with my team and just had to hold my hands up and say we were beaten by a better team. The Knights were great I thought, really impressive especially considering the Mullen injury and the entire start.

I realise that the Raiders season is pretty much gone now but we've had some real positives with blooding young players. However i'd love to see my side moving more towards how the Knights play in the future. They have been mighty impressive this year every time i've seen them, a real dark horse. They can adapt to a forwards dogfight or partake in a game where the ball is thrown around like crazy. As much as I dislike Brian Smith, I take my hat off to him.

I'll put it on record as saying that my team can't do anything in this comp so i'd like to see the Knights give it a shake. Not that I particularly like or dislike the Knights, I just like the way they play their footy. Good luck Newcastle.

Cletus

First Grade
I cannot believe how useless the Raiders are. They had every chance in that game, they had Mullen injured after 2 minutes, interminable oppourtunities on the knights line and they still couldn't score! Full credit to the Knights defence but deadset they had them on toast! If Skeepe hasn't said it already there were some mystifying refereeing decisions, but how about scoring a try you mongs! You had a million chances and you've only got yourselves to blame. Ps. Go Manly!! thank God I don't support a useless team like the Raiders.

skeepe

Immortal
I cannot believe how useless the Raiders are. They had every chance in that game, they had Mullen injured after 2 minutes, interminable oppourtunities on the knights line and they still couldn't score! Full credit to the Knights defence but deadset they had them on toast! If Skeepe hasn't said it already there were some mystifying refereeing decisions, but how about scoring a try you mongs! You had a million chances and you've only got yourselves to blame. Ps. Go Manly!! thank God I don't support a useless team like the Raiders.

You used to support a useless team. Remember 2003?

Raiders went down to 12 early in the game at Brookie and still won 51-16. And yes I'm clinging to a result from 6 years ago, what else is there?

Big Pete

Referee
Aye, seriously forget the coach, the MVP at Manly is their recruitment manager, I mean they essentially bought a premiership...although really they have Brisbane to thank as they expelled Smith from the grand final and everybody (bar Cronulla) knows that without Smith the Storm are as easy as pie.

In all honesty, the Canberra side is still invariably rebuilding and it's only a matter of time until they're a force again. They just need a spark.

BG

Juniors

According to to nrl.com, he took it up 16 times for 140 metres... Second highest meters run behind your boyfriend. (Edit: Actually Third, McDonnell got 194)

Thanks for pointing that out, Jesfery. And according to nrlstats.com.au (the most accurate publicly available imho), he actually made 18 runs for 152m. And that's despite the fact that he did some filling-in at five-eighth.

Taia really came into his own as an NRL player in the back-half of last season. But that was as a tough, hard working, solid lock, with a bit of physical presence about his game. The potency he has developed as a wide-running second-rower this season has frankly astounded me. I don't believe there has been a more damaging forward in the NRL this year.

Raider_69

Post Whore
i thought vidot's should have been benefit of the doubt and i don't think the knights last try should have been awarded. But at the end of the day, we played like sh*t, our pack was ordinary without lars and shillo. The better team won, yes they got the rub of the ref but we barely looked like scoring.

Apey

Staff member
I had one of those nights where I was only slightly unhappy with my team and just had to hold my hands up and say we were beaten by a better team. The Knights were great I thought, really impressive especially considering the Mullen injury and the entire start.

I realise that the Raiders season is pretty much gone now but we've had some real positives with blooding young players. However i'd love to see my side moving more towards how the Knights play in the future. They have been mighty impressive this year every time i've seen them, a real dark horse. They can adapt to a forwards dogfight or partake in a game where the ball is thrown around like crazy. As much as I dislike Brian Smith, I take my hat off to him.

I'll put it on record as saying that my team can't do anything in this comp so i'd like to see the Knights give it a shake. Not that I particularly like or dislike the Knights, I just like the way they play their footy. Good luck Newcastle.

Skeepe's alt account imo..

Pika

Bench
Tilse was solid.

If you are going to complain about refs you must mention the fact that a scrum was not awarded to newcastle when Rogers kicked hit the referee.

There is no question mark over this decision. Its a simple rule and a simple call.

You can debate the rest, but this was a clear mistake, which went the Raiders way.

Cletus

First Grade
Aye, seriously forget the coach, the MVP at Manly is their recruitment manager, I mean they essentially bought a premiership...although really they have Brisbane to thank as they expelled Smith from the grand final and everybody (bar Cronulla) knows that without Smith the Storm are as easy as pie.

In all honesty, the Canberra side is still invariably rebuilding and it's only a matter of time until they're a force again. They just need a spark.

The coaching staff are the reason why Manly are up there again. Sure we bought a few good players, but we also bought a lot of rejects from other clubs and turned them into first graders. I'm sure Skeepe remembers Bryant, Robertson, M Monaghan and Luke Williamson. Hall went through a stack of clubs, LeStrange was a reject from the Roosters, Perry was a doughnut munching reject from the Knights, Rose was considered too fat by the Roosters.

I agree that Canberra have the talent to be a good side, but they desperately need a good halfback. I just can't believe that the Raiders can play so well in attack at home but when they travel they play a hideous game like that when they're away.

You used to support a useless team. Remember 2003?

Raiders went down to 12 early in the game at Brookie and still won 51-16. And yes I'm clinging to a result from 6 years ago, what else is there?

I think you beat us in rnd one 2007 at Brookvale about 30-10;-). Yeah I remember what it's like to support a crap team. I always used to think we were so close to being a good side and constantly blaming the ref for losses. It was torture:crazy:.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
:lol: I needed a very good laugh after this very enjoyable week.

Calling me out in a thread title... f**king pathetic Timmah. Get a life you goose.

The Raiders will win because, quite frankly, they are a more talented team 1-17. It's immaterial that the teams haven't been named yet, there's nobody that the Knights have that the Raiders can't better.

There will be absolutely no bitching about refereeing decisions from me this week. Unless it's justified.
No bitching about refereeing decisions?

The Raiders with a more talented team? We had Taia and Hilder alternating at five-eighth for 76 minutes you goose and they owned Campese.

Newcastle always get the decisions go in their favour. It's absolutely unfathomable how many mind-boggling decisions go their way. They've won games this season because of it.
:lol: Yeah, we won last night because of Jared Maxwell? Obviously you didn't see, or you chose not to see, your first two penalties for tackling Dugan too hard ...

LOLskeepe

Knights by 20
Pretty close JW.

The only way Canberra will beat us is if we don't turn up. We turn up, we win. Quite simple really.
And this is with Rogers playing halfback.

f**k I can't wait for this game... Vidot is gonna make mincemeat of the sorry excuses for outside backs that the Knights have. The forwards are going to steamroll the powderpuff Knights pack with consumate ease.

Get ready guys, the streets of Newcastle are going to run red with Knights blood.
Vidot making mincemeat of our outside backs? Pretty sure while our backs didn't "make mincemeat" of yours, they smothered you all game.

Sure why not... I've never been one to back down from a challenge... and yes it is a f**king long time ;-)
Damn right it is. Only 7 weeks to go.

I'll front up if I have to, don't worry. I'm only saying the Knights banner won't be required because the Raiders WILL win.

If, by some odd chance, the Knights do manage to get up, I'll display it prominently.
Good to see you held up your end of the bargain.

Nearly game day bitches. Cletus, you have no idea.

Knights by 20.
Well, looks like me and JW were right.

Didn't realise we get to see the Toyota Cup on the box as well. Good stuff.

Glad to see the Knights playing their old men, they're well and truly past it and the Raiders will expose them.

Raiders by 50 in both grades.

Well, Sutton clearly doesn't know the rules. Thankfully for Newie the Raiders are woeful in attack at the moment
The refs are allowed to be inept Baz, just as long as it's not against the Raiders.

:lol:

Canberra are pathetic
Yes, they are. 66% of the game camped in our half, and one try ... from a kick.

skeepe I blame you for this you bastard. Haven't you ever heard of karma? Ugh.
It's not his fault.

I see the Jared Maxwell curse is alive and well. Just can't win with horseface with the whistle.

The Knights have scored two tries off blatantly wrong calls. Steve Simpson drops the ball with absolutely no help, somehow it's a penalty. Danny Wicks clearly rakes the ball from Jarrod Croker's hands, scrum called.

Knights have been the better team, but they've had plenty of help. Maxwell is deadset the worst ref in the entire comp.
Are you serious? Oh wait, yes you are. You're a sad individual. Canberra were inept, end of story.

I qualified that by saying "unless it's deserved" and it most certainly f**king is.

We can still come back, but with Maxwell out there it's a very, very slim hope.
Unless it's deserved? Who determines if it's "deserved" or not? You?

Agreed. Honestly we should have been up by 12 or 18 the amount of field position we've had. Woeful options on the 5th tackle have prevented this. There was also one disgusting decision where the referee ruled Campese was caught with the ball despite the fact he offloaded it before he hit the ground.
No, you were sh*t.

Well...Tongue knocks on, and the ref seemingly forgets that it's not allowed to go forward. Horrible
Again Baz, the refs are allowed to do that.

Try to Naqaima to seal it...well played to Newie, overcoming the loss of Mullen and some horrible calls to win. The Raiders, well, the less said the better. They were atrocious
Epic lolRaiders.

90% of the posession
90% of the field position

and the Raiduhs still got spanked

Enjoy your sig for the next few weeks skeepe
I'm thoroughly going to enjoy it.

Who the f**k was the video ref tonight? They are the most incompetent f**king video ref I have seen in a long time.

1. Daniel Vidot scored that try. Clearly. At absolute worst it was benefit of the doubt.

2. Massive forward pass to Danny Wicks, who passes it to Naiqama who knocks it forward into the in-goal, then bounces it trying to ground it. And it's a f**king try?!?!?!?!? Not even benefit of the doubt?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Knights have had a helping hand with three tries tonight, and the Raiders have been robbed as one. Had the refereeing been competent, the final score would have been Raiders 8 Knights 7.

MOTM: Jarred Maxwell (Newcastle)
:lol: You only scored one try you goose.

I agree. Our attack was absolutely pedestrian. Fifth tackle options were bordering on embarrassing. And despite that, the Knights needed help to win the game.

Despite conceding 23 points, I still have to wrap our defense massively, particularly our forward pack. The forwards absolutely slaughtered the Knights pack, shame they were let down by two dunderheads in Herbert and Campese.
Taia ----> Campese

Dear oh dear oh dear. I usually don't complain about the ref and we played like poo tonight but that was atrocious reffing.

A Knights supporter on the GH even admits it himself.

-The soft two penalties to Newcastle in their lead up to the first two tries

-The possibility of a strip in the third try

-How is Naiqama's "try'a try if Vidot's isn't. If the stupid video ref is to be consistent he would've ruled Naiqama's try a no try like vidot's. Or he would've give both of them a try.

Anyway, Newcastle played well and we played like crap and you deserved it.
Must be a Canberra thing.

Said it once, I'll say it again. He owned Campese, playing out of position.

All in all, a wonderful game, lolSkeepe, enjoy your sig for the next 7 weeks.