What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

09 :: R20 Sun :: Warriors 4 Dragons 29 @ Mt Smart

Round 20 :: Warriors v Dragons

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dragonfire

Bench
not even worried to be honest, on paper that is probably the best team we have fielded all year. Should be a physical match though which should be good. Fien to have an awesome game.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Can't see the Warriors winning but at home it should be close.

My biggest concern is still our attack. When we played the Dargons earlier the Dragons played one of their worst games all year and did their best to hand us the game, yet we still couldn't find the try line. Hard to see the Dragons playing that bad against us twice in a row.

Jason Maher

Immortal
The early exchanges should see a few sparks fly with Justin "Dropsy" Poore up against Steve "Hurricane" Price. After that, the Dragons should run away with it, but long painful experience has taught me to never go counting chickens. The Warriors at home are certainly a different propositon to the Warriors away, and they got bloody close last time.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Price, Locke back for Warriors
AAP Tue, 21 Jul 2009 17:08:50Warriors captain Steve Price and winger Kevin Locke are set to return in Sunday's clash with NRL leaders St George Illawarra in Auckland.
Price missed last weekend's 30-24 win over the Sydney Roosters after being knocked out in Queensland's State of Origin loss to NSW while Locke was ruled out with a shoulder injury.
Price's return sees Russell Packer reverting to the bench along with Patrick Ah Van, who makes way for Locke after scoring one of the side's six tries against the Roosters.
Ben Matulino comes into the backrow for Jacob Lillyman who drops to a six-man bench.
Cleary said the performance against the Roosters had provided some encouragement as his side battles to keep its season alive.
"The most pleasing aspect was obviously to get the win but it was also good to see us scoring more points than we have for a while," Cleary said.
"While that gives the players some confidence we know we'll face a huge challenge on Sunday, though.
"The Dragons have had an outstanding season and we'll need to be at our very best to compete with them."

http://www.nrl.com/newsviews/latest...34/price-locke-back-for-warriors/default.aspx

The early exchanges should see a few sparks fly with Justin "Dropsy" Poore up against Steve "Hurricane" Price. After that, the Dragons should run away with it, but long painful experience has taught me to never go counting chickens. The Warriors at home are certainly a different propositon to the Warriors away, and they got bloody close last time.

I doubt Price will do anything.

Saints by 22 pts.

Morris FTS

Fien MOM

thommo4pm

Coach
I really don't think we will do this as easily as people are saying.

We should beat the Warriors, but I wouldn't be surprised if it goes right to the 80th minute...hope I'm wrong.

STG-Dragon

Juniors
not even worried to be honest, on paper that is probably the best team we have fielded all year. Should be a physical match though which should be good. Fien to have an awesome game.

I hope so, I'm a little worried we might be a little underdone with a lot of players coming back from injuries etc. But this is a very different Dragons side to the ones of the more recent past. :D

Last edited:

jondy

Juniors
Forecast for clear cloudless day for Sunday in Auckland ....2-12 degrees.and very similar for Saturday so should suit the Dragons

gregstar

Referee
I see two possible outcomes here:

Scenario 1:
The Warriors, buoyed by today's win, start a late (and probably futile) revival in wet conditions to beat the rusty Dragons in a close one.

Scenario 2:
The break allows the Dragons' injured list to dwindle, and coming with a near-full strength side, they put us to the sword to kill any playoff dreams for 2009.

I'm going with Scenario 2 for now.
agreed.

ozbash

Referee
This is the sort of game that cripples bookies.

you have the best team in the comp up against one of the poorest.

Warriors have nothing to lose, no pressure, just go out and play the style of footy they enjoy.

Drags might just get a surprise.

Rovelli

Bench
Do I clutch at straws, or do I clutch at straws?

The Warriors win this, and life would be put back into our dying playoff hopes. It means that with a win at Penrith next week (probably won't happen, but anyway...) a win would most likely leave us just a point outside the 8.

It is the Dragons this week we are playing though, and I really think they can go all the way this season. Defensively, they are great and cover the weaknesses (e.g. Cooper/Creagh 'help' Morris, protection for Soward etc) well. If it becomes an arm-wrestle, then maybe we can give it a shot.

I'd really like to think we can do it, but logic says it's the Dragons.

Latest posts