What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

09 :: R21 Sun :: Rabbitohs 18 Bulldogs 26 @ ANZ

Round 21 :: Rabbitohs v Bulldogs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bumble

First Grade
Oh I'm sure the team won't, I meant the fans. We've already had some sh*t spouted in here such as "Bulldogs by at least 12" and "a fired up dogs by 16"

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Well Holdsworth gone and Stagg back (see team in post #1) we have every right to be confident. Our error rate could be halved :crazy: :lol:

Last edited:

Bulldogs_4_Life

Juniors
Oh I'm sure the team won't, I meant the fans. We've already had some sh*t spouted in here such as "Bulldogs by at least 12" and "a fired up dogs by 16"
How one earth is that arrogance? Are you tipping against the Bunnies? Oh you're not? Then you must be arrogant, how dare you tip your team.

andrew123

Juniors

just coz u dont like it is sh*t right?
that what i see/hope will happen, and i hope dogs rip into them

How one earth is that arrogance? Are you tipping against the Bunnies? Oh you're not? Then you must be arrogant, how dare you tip your team.

:thumn

Bumble

First Grade
Uh, you don't see the arrogance of coming off a 23 point loss and playing a team that has scored 120 points and only let in 44 in the past 3 weeks and effectively saying "Yeah, we're gonna smash them"

Idiots. And when did I tip Souths, in fact, if you could read:

Bulldog arrogance will be off the charts by game day

"Oh we can't lose 2 in a row...it's only Souths blah blah blah"

Not saying we'll win but there is no way it will be an easy win to either side.

SSFC Hitman

Juniors
Im not that confident of a Souths victory. Everytime we hit some form we end up playing the Dogs who usually give us a hiding.

As for the Crowd... nice sunny sunday-- 35k IMO.

Bulldogs_4_Life

Juniors
Uh, you don't see the arrogance of coming off a 23 point loss and playing a team that has scored 120 points and only let in 44 in the past 3 weeks and effectively saying "Yeah, we're gonna smash them"

Idiots. And when did I tip Souths, in fact, if you could read:
And you've played horrible, mediocre injury plagued team including some of the worst defensive teams in the NRL. FACT.

I'm not saying for sure that the 'Dogs will win either, it's going to be a good close match. But it's f**kwits like you that jump in and start calling fans arrogant and putting words into their mouths and calling them idiots that gets sh*t going.

There's nothing wrong with fans giving their opinion on the team they support. Who the hell are you to jump in and tell us what to think and tell us that we can't say "Yeah, go the Bulldogs they'll win."

Dragon

Coach
Souths will hang in for about 30 mins, then the Dogs will blow them away and send them crashing back to reality.

Jono078

Referee
Should be a cracking game.

Bulldogs need to get back in the winners circle, now isn't the time to start a losing streak.

Rabbits are full of confidence and playing good football. And they basically have nothing to lose and therefore will through everything at the Dogs.

I think the Dogs have more resilience though, so they will hold them out and get a win, Dogs by 10.

thommo4pm

Coach
I think Souths are going to be well and truly put in their place in this one.

To be honest I can't see Souths getting within 20 of the Dogs....and I'm not trying to bait any Souths fans, I just don't think they can match the dogs, and the opposition Souths have played over the last 3 weeks is nowhere near the level of the Bulldogs.

Timmah

Staff member
That's what I've found hilarious, we're being accused of being arrogant when there are Bunnies fans trumpeting the 120 points in three weeks etc etc, forgetting they played an injury-riddled Penrith side, an injury-riddled, post-Origin and woefully out-of-form Broncos side and the table-bottom Roosters. Yeah, a win is a win and scoring 30+ points on a weekly basis is a good thing, but it's not a test and without sounding cocky, we are a top side and will be a very different kettle of fish than your previous encounters.

A Souths victory would not surprise me in the slightest, don't get me wrong - I think it will be close. But of the fans who "have a right" to be cocky it's us - we're now full strength with Stagg back and Holdsworth gornskis, coming off an embarrassing loss and still second on the table.

Bulldogs_4_Life

Juniors
Perfect post. You summed it up well.

I don't think we are even close to a guaranteed win. It's going to be tough. But I just have a feeling we will win fairly comfortably. I haven't felt so confident for quite a while. I think we are now out of that Origin stage, hopefully out of the disruptions stage and mentally after last week, we're going to be on.

It will be a good game. Anyone who thinks that Souths can't match it with the Dogs has rocks in their head!

Just had a look at the last Matchday thread and the teams for this game are actually very similar. The last game was a close match (2 points) and so will this one be I reckon. There are a couple of things in our favour compared to last time - Mick Crocker, Day game, hopefully no rain. Our kicking game was woeful in the previous encounter and that element of Ennis and Kimmorley's game was the difference.

In the Dogs favour is that Idris didn't play the last game and we have struggled all year to contain big fella's out wide. I also think that they will revel in the good conditions so maybe that advantage will be cancelled out. Neither side will give an inch and both have good completion rates so I don't think you are going to see a lot of turnovers. This game will be all about who can make the most of the ball that they have. I would not be surprised if the possession stat reads something like 52% - 48% or even closer.

For mine, the difference will be the goal kicking. I will back Souths to match or even slightly better the Dogs for tries scored (on both teams current form) but El Masri will typically convert everything. If Luke and Sandow are having an off game with the boot again, I reckon that is where it will be won. As I mentioned before though, I can't wait for this game. Rabbits v Dogs rivalry is up there with Rabbits v Roosters for mine. If both teams are going well, you can almost guarantee a bumper crowd and if its a nice day we should see some great footy. Bring it on Doggies!!

0neye

GAYLORD POFFO, SAID I CAN FEEL A BIG RABBIT TURD COMING ON BUNNY BUM BOY :crazy:

DSC_0097.JPG

Timmah

Staff member
Forecast for Sunday is fine and 20 degrees, hopefully that doesn't change.

Jason Maher

Immortal
Dogs by 40. Look at the whole year and not just the last 3 weeks (where Souths have had an unbelievably easy run), and you'll see one team that is willing to knuckle down and graft out games the hard way if necessary, and another team that just has NFI and has an a bloke at the helm who isn't a coach's arsehole. The Dogs will be stung into action by last week's result, and while Souths I'm sure will be fired up for the game, they honestly don't have any idea of how to go with a team that wants to seriously get it on.

Having said that, I'm going for the Bunnies, but I don't hold out much hope they are capable of beating a switched-on Dogs team.

Packy

Bench
I don't have the same sense of dread that I had last week against the Eels. We need to keep them from offloading and have our back row hassle Sutton when he has the ball.

Tipping Kimmorley to have a big one off the boot.

Latest posts