What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'10 | CvC | Fri 7 May | Country 36-18 City | Port Macquarie

Result: Country v City

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MacDougall

First Grade
Lol the entire city front row is the Tigers front row. I don't know if that's such a good thing based on their performances of late.

mxlegend99

Referee
If Jennings wasn't already intending to sit this match out, I hope that getting picked on the wing is the shove he needs to do it. Last year he was picked at centre for City, NSW and Australia. This year he was the best player in the All Stars team at centre. While his regular season form has been a step down from that, it's still an insult to be picked out of position for this game.

His Origin chances would be better if he was fully fit anyway. He should get his knee done ASAP, and hopefully comes back in time for one game before Origin 1. If he doesn't make that, he atleast gets to play for Panthers fully fit.

hellteam

First Grade
I'd say Jennings is on the wing because the NSW selectors are thinking of sticking him there in the Origin Team.

RedVfaithful

Juniors
I believe cooper has been very hard done by. i would put him before tahu who has done sh*t all and idris who cant tackle

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
:lol:

I understand and agree Cooper should be there but bagging Idris is laughable. Along with Cooper he's the form centre of the competition.

RedVfaithful

Juniors

I understand and agree Cooper should be there but bagging Idris is laughable. Along with Cooper he's the form centre of the competition.

Yeah ur correct i was ment to just say tahu but got carried away. I think we can agree this would be better

3-Idris
4-cooper

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Absolutely. A menacing pairing, I'm quite surprised both Cooper and Soward didn't get selected. Bird's been okay but Sowards been electric. Stunned really.

nqcowboy87

Bench
greg bird at five-eigth:crazy::crazy:, when are they gonna learn, psyched for beau champion though

God-King Dean

Immortal
As I suspected, Cooper has a big red line through his name. What a joke.

I've got nothing against Idris, he's obviously a talent. But he's a year or two away from Origin; & Cooper is perfect for Origin, as he's IMO still the best defencive centre.

dragonsman4eva

Juniors
i agree cooper should have been first centre picked but due to an injury picked up in last nights game against the sharks laurie daley said that he didnt want to take him into the game without him being able to train throughout the week so they picked a fresher man. which means he will be in doubt for this weeks game against manly.

on another note soward has been playing better than bird and deserved a spot definetly. was also suprised that dan hunt didnt get a bench spot.

GB!

Juniors

LOL...:lol:

the form centre of the comp was picked to play for Aust. along side greg inglis:cool:

Garts

Bench
Can not believe no Soward, Bird is a lock imo. I was hoping the Dragons would get as many players picked for the games as Manly.

Garts

Bench
Can not believe no Soward, Bird is a lock imo. I was hoping the Dragons would get as many players picked for the games as Manly.

adamkungl

Immortal
I'm very worried about what the NSW selectors might be thinking... Bird at 6 again, ffs. They have learned nothing

hellteam

First Grade
Greg Bird - 3 games at five eight for NSW

2 wins, 1 loss. In both those wins he was man of the match. What do you mean they have learned nothing?

Bazal

Post Whore
Luke Burt....massively deserved, should have happened earlier. He's been massively underrated for years, although I guess injuries in some of his peak form years didn't help the poor bugger

Tipster

Bench
I believe cooper has been very hard done by. i would put him before tahu who has done sh*t all and idris who cant tackle

Cooper was going to be named but he told the selectors that he wouldn't be able to train with the squad during the week or even play the game on Friday because of a groin strain

cupid

Juniors
Cooper was going to be named but he told the selectors that he wouldn't be able to train with the squad during the week or even play the game on Friday because of a groin strain
So he's out against Manly then?

Latest posts