What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'10 | CvC | Fri 7 May | Country 36-18 City | Port Macquarie

Result: Country v City

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
John Sutton must have run over a selectors Dog or something.

Sure he hasn't been spectacular for Souths so far this year but he is still right up there in try assists and would be a much better 5/8 than Keating or Lawrence. He also has the ability to play back row so I'd have thought him at least worth a bench spot. Especially now considering you will have two rookie halves. If you have him on the bench as a backrower, if the halves aren't working, at least you have an option. If they do work, then you throw him on at lock late in the game and see if he can create something outwide. He has a great combo going with Beau Champion as well.

Last edited:

gronkathon

First Grade
In regard to Sutton maybe the selectors learnt their lesson in picking players with very up and down club form from the Campese experiment last year

The Gambler

Juniors
Not sure what the thought process is behind picking Reddy on the bench.

I guess it is just a way of rewarding good form? Regardless of whether it makes strategic sense.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Kevin Gordon over Robertson anyday of the week.

I presume K. Gordon is country qualified.

Noa

First Grade
Should be a Meh game this.

Youd think Meh will be too strong in the Meh for Meh, the only chance Meh has to win is if Meh can play Meh type of football.

Meh 24- Bleh 18

Joker's Wild

Coach
Noa said:

Youd think Meh will be too strong in the Meh for Meh, the only chance Meh has to win is if Meh can play Meh type of football.

Meh 24- Bleh 18

Why bother posting here at all Noa? If you wanted to make yourself look like a wanker then bravo, you have succeeded.

Country will get up in this one. City's halves just wont be good enough

Noa

First Grade
Why bother posting here at all Noa? If you wanted to make yourself look like a wanker then bravo, you have succeeded.

Country will get up in this one. City's halves just wont be good enough

Dude !!

Thats what I said.

Meh 24- Bleh 18

Who will get Meh of the Meh.

I also heard that Yawn is 18th man.

Seriously...country will kill city.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Full team lists and officials:

Country Origin v City Origin
Friday 7 May 2010, 7:35pm AEST - Port Macquarie Regional Stadium
Referees: Jared Maxwell & Matt Cecchin; Sideline Officials: Russell Turner & Steve Carrall; Video Referee: Sean Hampstead

Country: 1. Josh Dugan (Raiders) 2. Michael Robertson (Sea Eagles) 3. Jamal Idris (Bulldogs) 4. Timana Tahu (Eels) 5. Luke Burt (Eels) 6. Greg Bird (Titans) 7. Brett Kimmorley (Bulldogs) 8. Kade Snowden (Sharks) 9. Michael Ennis (Bulldogs) 10. Brett White (Storm) 11. Ben Creagh (Dragons) 12. Glenn Stewart (Sea Eagles) 13. Anthony Laffranchi (Titans)
Interchange: 14. Todd Carney (Roosters) 15. Tom Learoyd-Lahrs (Raiders) 16. Willie Mason (Cowboys) 17. Dean Young (Dragons); 18th man: Joel Thompson (Raiders)
City: 1. Lachlan Coote (Panthers) 2. Anthony Minichiello (Roosters) 3. Beau Champion (Rabbitohs) 4. Chris Lawrence (Tigers) 5. Michael Jennings (Panthers) 6. Kris Keating (Eels) 7. Trent Hodkinson (Sea Eagles) 8. Bryce Gibbs (Tigers) 9. Robbie Farah (capt, Tigers) 10. Keith Galloway (Tigers) 11. Trent Waterhouse (Panthers) 12. Mark Minichiello (Titans) 13. Luke O'Donnell (Cowboys)
Interchange: 14. Joel Reddy (Eels) 15. Tim Mannah (Eels) 16. Tim Grant (Panthers) 17. Ryan Hoffman (Storm)

from NRL R9 & rep teams http://www.leagueunlimited.com/article.php?newsid=19217

Bumble

First Grade
:lol:

I understand and agree Cooper should be there but bagging Idris is laughable. Along with Cooper he's the form centre of the competition.

:lol::lol:

F**k off. Nobody who gets owned for 80 minutes by Colin f**king Best is the form anything.

Mr Saab

Referee
:lol:

I understand and agree Cooper should be there but bagging Idris is laughable. Along with Cooper he's the form centre of the competition.

Why? Because he had one good game vs the Eels (even though his team got smashed) Check the rest of his season and he has been way below average.
But then this is coming from the clown who was said 3 yrs ago that Willie Mason was on the top props when he had only played 3-4 games there.

You are a fraud Timmah

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
:lol: I love your dramatic language Saab. "fraud"? :lol:

Bumble

First Grade
Are you going to address my point Timmah? Or as usual just ignore someone when you know they're right?

I'll ask again: How can you call Jamal Idris one of the 'form centres of the comp' when less than a month ago he got completely dominated for 80 minutes by Colin Best?

Latest posts