What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'10 | R10 | Fri | Bulldogs 6-19 Dragons | ANZ

Result: Bulldogs v Dragons

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Willow

Assistant Moderator
lol. Could crack $6 MIL.

There's at least four players in the Storm that they couldn't afford under the cap. I think it's closer to seven. How many players got $50K-$100K extra when negotiations came to a head against other clubs?

If they played within the rules, even Canberra could beat 'em. ;-)

FTR, I think Manly are the team to beat.

natheel

Coach
for me when i say dragons r 'boring' to watch its the fact of i generally don't like watching them....but thats my opinion, u dragons supporters need to just take comfort that ur team r up top and cruising along atm and not get whiney if someone says they think the dragons are boring lol

pantherz9103

First Grade
Dragons are boreing? What can you say about your Panthers then? At least we dont score all our try's off kicks. I thought it was a great game today, Dogs are not as bad a team as some have stated.

I said the Dragons 'bore' teams out of the contest. They frustrate teams with their defence, no errors and deep kicking. I personally don't find it as entertaining to watch them as I do the Tigers but the Tigers also make more errors and are less efficient across the park, thus why they've been a mid table team for a few seasons, same with Penrith.

The Dragons aren't necessarily 'boring' as a team because we still see some exciting play from the likes of B Morris, Soward and last night Cooper scored a quality try. They can entertain but their general style is to wear teams down and it doesn't make for scintilating viewing for a neutral. But I'm sure they don't care when they win every week.

Last edited:

thommo4pm

Coach
If soward didn't kick that field goal, or miss about 27 tackles, I wouldn't have even known he was playing tonight

Guess you missed the first 10 minutes where he made no less than 5 crucial tackles. Didn't put in a kick for our first try, kick 3 crucial conversions and as you pointed out the field goal.

I do agree he isn't playing his best footy yet, but this time last year he was dominating everything.....this year I think he is timing his run.

thommo4pm

Coach
for me when i say dragons r 'boring' to watch its the fact of i generally don't like watching them....but thats my opinion, u dragons supporters need to just take comfort that ur team r up top and cruising along atm and not get whiney if someone says they think the dragons are boring lol

:lol: :lol:
telling other teams supporters how they should react when other fans have a go at them....gold!!!!
Parra fans need to realise, that nobody likes to watch them except for when they are losing.

Big Pete

Referee
I don't know about that thommo, they drew very decently during their hot streak.

Say what you will about Idris, the guy is an attraction in every sense of the word and gets people talking. Those who harp on about him, are also the type to talk up players who are equal or worse than him (eg. Beau Champion).

Didn't catch the game, but my prediction of a comfortable Dragons victory looks spot on. Once they weathered the storm, they were just too classy.

thommo4pm

Coach
I don't know about that thommo, they drew very decently during their hot streak.

Say what you will about Idris, the guy is an attraction in every sense of the word and gets people talking. Those who harp on about him, are also the type to talk up players who are equal or worse than him (eg. Beau Champion).

Didn't catch the game, but my prediction of a comfortable Dragons victory looks spot on. Once they weathered the storm, they were just too classy.

Your prediction was spot on mate, I saw that yesterday while I was at work....and was hoping you were on the money there....which you were.

I can assure you that there was as many people in Western Sydney wanting to see Parra belted as there were who wanted them to win.
Most people who don't follow Parra, seem to hate them and love watching them lose.

Raider_69

Post Whore
If they played within the rules, even Canberra could beat 'em. ;-)

Beat em last year with their extra's, and we'll do it again today :D

*disclaimer: probably wont win
Manly are right up there too. I didnt think theyd be going as well this year without Orford but i was way wrong.

gronkathon

First Grade
:lol: Ennis and Kimmorley were terrible.

As a Tigers fan though thanks again Bulldogs for taking Halatau from us. He is overhyped, overpriced garbage who makes nothing runs and whose defence is terrible. He made his entire career off two semi finals games in 2005.

Idris is a gimic much in the same way as Daine Laurie right now. Two guys with silly hair who Gus & Rabs have a wad preblown for. Idris may be more than a gimic if he continues the hard work though.

BTW was that Corey Payne in the 19 jersey in the sheds?? :lol: Thanks again Bulldogs

hybrid_tiger

Coach
:lol: Ennis and Kimmorley were terrible.

As a Tigers fan though thanks again Bulldogs for taking Halatau from us. He is overhyped, overpriced garbage who makes nothing runs and whose defence is terrible. He made his entire career off two semi finals games in 2005.

Idris is a gimic much in the same way as Daine Laurie right now. Two guys with silly hair who Gus & Rabs have a wad preblown for. Idris may be more than a gimic if he continues the hard work though.

BTW was that Corey Payne in the 19 jersey in the sheds?? :lol: Thanks again Bulldogs

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Wonder if we can give them Fitzhenry next year? :lol:

Vic Mackey

Referee
I lol'd when halatau dropped his first ball then missed the tackle in the next set on hornby to watch the dragons go up, saw that happen way too often with the tigers.

bartman

Immortal
Idris is a gimic much in the same way as Daine Laurie right now. Two guys with silly hair who Gus & Rabs have a wad preblown for.
How true. Very well put!

Idris may be more than a gimic if he continues the hard work though.
I highly doubt it. He'd need to work hard and move to the forwards if he's got any chance of lasting long at this this level. Idris doesn't look like the hardworking type.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
bartman, your obsession with Idris is borderline psychotic. Seek help.

We lost a game we gave up passion in. Used all our real energy in the first 10 minutes then just made stupid errors. Less drop ball and we would've gone close to winning the match IMO, Saints were nowhere near their best either. Cooper should be playing Origin based on that performance although as someone pointed out he's sometimes a hog.

As for the remaks about Kimmorley and Ennis as slow halves, I think their problem is being stuck behind a lagging, out of form forward pack. They haven't had a consistent solid platform being laid for them at all this season, I think their true worth will show when they have go-forward with them - Perry and Weyman up front and an Australian-quality backrow.

I can't see us winning until possibly the Tigers @ ANZ in Round 13, and even then that's a stretch - they'll be back in form by that stage.

bartman

Immortal
bartman, your obsession with Idris is borderline psychotic. Seek help.
No, it's just a reaction against the unmerited hype. Posts made during the match while hearing the crap the commentators went on with, and while watching Idris's playing flaws exposed in full view.

It's simply my effort toward the world attaining equilibrium after Gus had given Jamal public hummers :D.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
No, it's just a reaction against the unmerited hype. Posts made during the match while hearing the crap the commentators went on with, and while watching Idris's playing flaws exposed in full view.

It's simply my effort toward the world attaining equilibrium after Gus had given Jamal public hummers :D.
The sheer volume makes it look far more like a mental health issue. It's borderline hatred.

Watching a game and singling out a player for his flaws - all while the game doesn't even involve your team - there's something off about that. Why aren't you doing it for every game, for every player? There are hundreds of players in the NRL with certain flaws, why pick on Idris because some gibberer in a commentary box likes him?

Or are you still upset he actually took the game to Tahu last week?