What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'10 | R26 | Sun 7pm | Dragons 38-24 Rabbitohs | WIN Jubilee

Result: Dragons v Rabbitohs

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

to_ddeath

Coach
Theres no way I'd be having an each-way beat involving Nemesis' mob anyway..
They left this year too late to make a top 8 challenge anyway.
Drags by 10.

T.

Firey_Dragon

Coach
lol@st choke having a bet each way and preparing their excuses already.

No need for excuses, after 26 rounds we are in 1st position, we've rested players over the last 4 weeks. I expect us to smash Souths if we field our full strength side. If we don't, then I expect it to be a much tighter affair.

Either way, I think it'll be your last game for the season.

Nemesis

Bench
No need for excuses, after 26 rounds we are in 1st position, we've rested players over the last 4 weeks. I expect us to smash Souths if we field our full strength side. If we don't, then I expect it to be a much tighter affair.

Either way, I think it'll be your last game for the season.
yawn... I seem to recall we tore your full strength side a new one this time last year... 41-6.

Nemesis

Bench
Did we beat you this year? I can't quite remember.

Here's a stat for you... You haven't beat us at Kogarah since 1994.
Well let me remind you then gramps. Souths dominated that game in which the Dragons were never in front and never looked like winning. Until they stole the game by 3 points in the last few minutes with a sneaky 5th tackle blind-side run by your prop at dummy half who offloaded for your centre to run 60 metres & score. If you're relying on low percentage trick plays like that again to win the game on Sunday, I guarantee you'll be dissappointed.

As opposed to the previous game, where we flogged you 41-6. The scores were closer in the last game, but the common factor was that the Dragons never looked like winning either game.

Oh, and here's a stat for you... Souths 20 St Gillawarra 0.:cool:

Firey_Dragon

Coach
Well let me remind you then gramps. Souths dominated that game in which the Dragons were never in front and never looked like winning. Until they stole the game by 3 points in the last few minutes with a sneaky 5th tackle blind-side run by your prop at dummy half who offloaded for your centre to run 60 metres & score. If you're relying on low percentage trick plays like that again to win the game on Sunday, I guarantee you'll be dissappointed.

As opposed to the previous game, where we flogged you 41-6. The scores were closer in the last game, but the common factor was that the Dragons never looked like winning either game.

Oh, and here's a stat for you... Souths 20 St Gillawarra 0.:cool:

And just think, if you actually "won" that game, instead of saying you almost "won" it, you wouldn't find yourself in a position where you're relying on other teams to lose so you can make the finals. Congratulations on "almost" winning though.

We don't regularly rely on trick plays to win games, perhaps that's part of the reason why we're currently sitting first on the ladder and you're outside of the 8. You might "almost" make the finals series for the 2nd time in over 20 years if you win this weekend, and good luck to you.

I just hope we don't get any injuries. Much like the Charity Shield every year.

Last edited:

Nemesis

Bench
And just think, if you actually "won" that game, instead of saying you almost "won" it, you wouldn't find yourself in a position where you're relying on other teams to lose so you can make the finals. Congratulations on "almost" winning though.

We don't regularly rely on trick plays to win games, perhaps that's part of the reason why we're currently sitting first on the ladder and you're outside of the 8. You might "almost" make the finals series for the 2nd time in over 20 years if you win this weekend, and good luck to you.

I just hope we don't get any injuries. Much like the Charity Shield every year.
Congratulations on "almost" winning a premiership... maybe this year you can graduate from being the perennial flower girl to being the bridesmaid... then one day perhaps, aspire to being the virgin bride.

Souths have been married 20 times, although our last marriage has lasted much longer than we would have liked. Good luck to you too.

Fingerbang

Bench
Congratulations on "almost" winning a premiership... maybe this year you can graduate from being the perennial flower girl to being the bridesmaid... then one day perhaps, aspire to being the virgin bride.

Souths have been married 20 times, although our last marriage has lasted much longer than we would have liked. Good luck to you too.
50uffs, you s!ut.

So you adamant Dragons won't win it this year, then?

Last edited:

Firey_Dragon

Coach

If that's the case, we've achieved 2 minor premierships in 11 years. You've achieved 5 wooden spoons in 39 years and no other silverware.

I prefer our strike rate.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
:lol: @ Nemesis not only trying to palm off his teams superb choke at ANZ 5-6 weeks ago but also trying to bring 41-6 into it... desperate much?

Then again, such is the life of a Souffs supporter I suppose...

Timmah

Staff member
If that's the case, we've achieved 2 minor premierships in 11 years. You've achieved 5 wooden spoons in 39 years and no other silverware.

I prefer our strike rate.
To be fair I think they were minor prems once in the late 80's.

Still a terrible strike rate :lol:

Nemesis

Bench
:lol: @ Nemesis not only trying to palm off his teams superb choke at ANZ 5-6 weeks ago but also trying to bring 41-6 into it... desperate much?

Then again, such is the life of a Souffs supporter I suppose...
:lol: What colour's that kettle again mr pot?

Timmah

Staff member
St George Illawarra Dragons v South Sydney Rabbitohs
Sunday 5 September 2010, 7:00pm AEST - WIN Jubilee Oval, Kogarah
Referees: Ben Cummins and Alan Shortall; Sideline Officials: Steve Carrall and Russell Turner; Video Referee: Paul Simpkins

Dragons: 1. Darius Boyd 2. Brett Morris 3. Mark Gasnier 4. Matt Cooper 5. Jason Nightingale 6. Jamie Soward 7. Ben Hornby (c) 8. Neville Costigan 9. Dean Young 10. Michael Weyman 11. Beau Scott 12. Ben Creagh 13. Jeremy Smith
Interchange: 14. Nathan Fien 15. Trent Merrin 16. Matt Prior 17. Jarrod Saffy; Reserves: 18. Nick Emmett 19. Kyle Stanley 20. Jon Green 21. Luke Priddis
Rabbitohs
:
1. Rhys Wesser 2. Nathan Merritt 3. Colin Best 4. Dylan Farrell 5. Fetuli Talanoa 6. Luke Capewell 7. Chris Sandow 8. Roy Asotasi 9. Issac Luke 10. Sam Burgess 11. Eddy Pettybourne 12. Dave Taylor 13. Michael Crocker
Interchange: 14. Jaiman Lowe 15. Shannan McPherson 16. Dave Tyrell 17. Jamie Simpson

http://www.leagueunlimited.com/article.php?newsid=19908

Dragons (Shellharbour) and Rabbitohs (North Sydney) feeders are out of the running in the final round of the NSW Cup competition - check their lineups and wonder what could have been - http://www.leagueunlimited.com/article.php?newsid=19913

Latest posts