What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'10 | R5 | Fri | Dragons 34-16 Broncos | WIN

Result: Dragons v Broncos

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rodent

Bench
Just re-checked 24min 30sec into the first half, Broncs drop it in the play the ball and get a penalty 5m out in front of the sticks. Ref ruled a Saints hand in there. Replay shows not even close and it should have been Saints ball. A really bad decision.

Apey

Staff member
I thought the no-try decision was fine. Then again, I had a vested interest in that I wanted to hear Gus bitch about it :lol:

Iafeta

Referee
Look the way the rules are written I agree, but in all honesty the way the law has been interpreted the last few years, what's written in the rule book doesn't necessarily matter.

In some cases, but not in this case. The video referees are trying to prevent a lead decoy runner "holding up" the defence from sliding across who have anticipated the lead decoy taking the run, not the man out the back. The ironic thing is the muppet commentator who has lambasted the video referee has in the past explained this very ruling himself as an effective interpretation of the obstruction ruling.

Chook Norris

First Grade
Broncs are actually doing very well.. completion rate is right up there. Killer blow on half time though.. i don't expect them to compete well in the 2nd half.. differential could start inflating at the 55-60th min

Apey

Staff member
Just re-checked 24min 30sec into the first half, Broncs drop it in the play the ball and get a penalty 5m out in front of the sticks. Ref ruled a Saints hand in there. Replay shows not even close and it should have been Saints ball. A really bad decision.

='(

_snafu_

Immortal

That's what I thought too.

The ref that called it was 10m and behind the play the ball. How could he have seen a hand on the ball???

skeepe

Immortal
In some cases, but not in this case. The video referees are trying to prevent a lead decoy runner "holding up" the defence from sliding across who have anticipated the lead decoy taking the run, not the man out the back. The ironic thing is the muppet commentator who has lambasted the video referee has in the past explained this very ruling himself as an effective interpretation of the obstruction ruling.

Having seen it again I actually agree. I guess eating dinner and watching football at the same time means you don't see some things properly.

Correct decision.

thorson1987

Coach

The problem I have with it is that the defence made the mistake. If the decoy ran into the defender then fair enough, but otherwise it should have been a try. If they want to blow penalties for running behind a player do it no matter where it happens on the field, not just when the team is attacking the line.

aussie7798

First Grade
another crap penalty against the dragons broncos player runs into the path of a retreating dragons player after the play was dead and gets a penalty after the whole seet is played as advantage

Big Pete

Referee
Dead set the commentators are S**t.

Glenn makes a huge break and Warren treats it like a Sunday stroll.

Latest posts