What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'10 | R9 | Sun | Storm 14-36 Broncos | AAMI

Result: Storm v Broncos

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cletus

First Grade
Well I think this game shows pretty conclusively (along with the 08 GF) who the Storm's lynch-pin is.

Yes, and uit shows why the Storm shouldn't be playing for points this year. Missing just one of Slater, Smith, Cronk or Inglis and they just aren't the same threat as they are with their full $5.5 million team. I feel for their fans but honestly this is what happens when you follow a 'normal' team that follows the salary cap, you just don't have those star players.

Ghoulies

Bench
As for Archer...Pedantic bumbling display. I don't think Finch played at the ball that hit his legs and he clearly missed a knock on that led to one of the Broncos tries.
Finch probably didn't intend to hit the ball with his knee, but he had an air swing at it with his hands, so maybe that counts as him playing at the ball? I could be wrong though.

Noa

First Grade
Been like this for quite a while. If it isn't a final/rep game Inglis doesn't look near as good.

He doesnt look as good as often becaue he isnt used the same, thats a fact. Conversley Slater doesnt look as good for Queensland and Australia because he's not as good.

ironhorse

Juniors
See i have been waiting for this to happen . The first few weeks the motivation is high and everything is fine ,throw the ball around have a bit of fun together . but i thought as soon as a challenge is presented where they will need to chase a lead down for example, the motivation won't be there and they will fold like butter . Why would they bust their guts its irrelevant .Expect more of this , and a tip for other teams - dominate the first 20 mins and get a lead . You shouldn't get run down .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I don't follow this "Melbourne have finally given up, they can't chase a lead" thing. They were missing their lynchpin in Cameron Smith - they were never going to win without him. Remember GF08?

little_aza

Juniors
Well I think this game shows pretty conclusively (along with the 08 GF) who the Storm's lynch-pin is.

I don't follow this "Melbourne have finally given up, they can't chase a lead" thing. They were missing their lynchpin in Cameron Smith - they were never going to win without him. Remember GF08?

I tend to agree with this. Smith is integral to our team, and more important than anyone else. It certainly didn't look as though we had a salary advantage today - maybe we're over the cap because Smith makes everyone else look so good :p

There should have been plenty of motivation today with the new stadium. But in saying that, Inglis is lazy for everything except a game that really matters.

I tend to agree with this. Smith is integral to our team, and more important than anyone else. It certainly didn't look as though we had a salary advantage today - maybe we're over the cap because Smith makes everyone else look so good :p

There should have been plenty of motivation today with the new stadium. But in saying that, Inglis is lazy for everything except a game that really matters.

Why should Storm keep him then ??...would rather have a centre who is consistent across all games.

Big Pete

Referee

So are you saying the Storm can't win without Smith? How about the prelim final against the Sharks? I'm pretty sure Cameron didn't play there and the Storm won. How about this, the Broncos played their best game of the season and their senior players stood up big time and inspired a famous victory? Now, I can't comment too much on the game as it was very much a one eye on the replay one eye on my assignment type deal (damn delayed coverage!) but I'm very proud of that performance from my club, and the joy I feel is a testament to the quality of the Storm club.

nehalem

Juniors
melbourne take it up the ass, do daaaa do daaaa, they sit on dildo's made of glass da da do da day!

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
So are you saying the Storm can't win without Smith? How about the prelim final against the Sharks? I'm pretty sure Cameron didn't play there and the Storm won. How about this, the Broncos played their best game of the season and their senior players stood up big time and inspired a famous victory? Now, I can't comment too much on the game as it was very much a one eye on the replay one eye on my assignment type deal (damn delayed coverage!) but I'm very proud of that performance from my club, and the joy I feel is a testament to the quality of the Storm club.
:lol:

Sorry I offended your precious Broncos.

You really need to harden the f**k up.

Big Pete

Referee
:lol:

Sorry I offended your precious Broncos.

You really need to harden the f**k up.

I notice certain things about posters. Skeepe blames the referee's, Gaba edits a post at least once; you seem to play the 'do I offend you, yeah?' card whenever you say something ignorant.

stormbati

Bench
Was at the game and I thought Parker and Thaiday were outstanding.
What I saw that I rarely see, the missed or ineffective tackles from the storm. I think inglis and finch were terrible in defense.
The intensity that I normally see from the Storm wasn't there apart from a couple of periods on the game.

renouf

Juniors

I wouldn't read too much into that performance, there are 3 or 4 good reasons why the Storm lost that game. We were good enough to capitalise on it, but that was all.