What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'10 | WIL R16 | Sun | Warriors 20-18 Roosters | AMI Stadium, Christchurch

Result: Roosters v Warriors

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Greenbits

Juniors
I don' know who has more guts - Kevin Locke or the decent crowd making a ton of noise in those appaling conditions.

Rovelli

Bench
Great crowd of 20,721 despite the sh*tty weather. I know that most of this was pre-sales, but from a financial standpoint the Roosters organisation will be happy.

Really brave effort from Locke to get the try at the end. Very scrappy win but you can't complain.

Big talking point would have to be the first try. I still don't see that was a try. On the line at best, which is out.

In any case, up 18-8 in the 72nd minute, the Roosters will be very disappointed to have lost from there.

Rovelli

Bench
This could be a season-changing win for the Warriors. I said it, and they have said it, but they had to win 7 (at least) of 11 to make the 8. They've got one here.

Next week, we're onto the underperforming Eels. Somehow I think we'll play the Eels back into form and lose, but for now, to get the win this week is great for us.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
mixed feelings. f**ken lucky to win, but an iffy video ref decision led to the result. meh all around.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
What is the capacity at AMI Stadium? The ground looked pretty empty and apparently there were 20,000? :?

Also, while the error rate predictably went up in the second half, overall I thought it was a good game for the conditions.

The Roosters played incredibly adventurous football, while the Warriors didn't really have the skills to match them but battled away and scrambled in defence all day. In the end the Roosters were unlucky to lose but the Warriors weren't entirely unworthy imo.

The Warriors weren't really entitled to score any of their tries, 4 pieces of terrific finishing by Locke x3 and Manu.

Also, sticking to my guns on Locke's first try- without 1 million frames per second and 360 degree cameras, you can't rule that out. You say it was "on the line at best", I saw "just grazing the line at worst".

D

Deleted member 10972

Congratulations Warriors. You were the poorer team for the entire game, you were only still in the game because of an absolutely rubbish and blatantly biased video refereeing decision for your first try, and that four points ended up being the difference between a deserved loss and an undeserving win.

A rubbish video referee call and a fluke last minute try. Call if sour grapes if you will, but when an undeserving team wins a game in which the difference is due to a WRONG decision that everyone acknowledges except the man who pushed the button, then there is no way on earth that you should be proud of the result.

Consider it a win handed to you on a silver platter. All credit to Locke for what he did, and zero credit to Phil Graham on two occasions for showing very little commitment, but you shouldn't have been that close to begin with. Rorted.

_snafu_

Immortal
I must say congrats to both the warriors and the roosters for an entertaining game despite the conditions. Congrats to the warriors for the win.