What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'11 | Finals Wk 2 | Sat | Broncos 13-12* Dragons | Suncorp

FW2: BRI v STI

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ceagle

Bench
I never thought the Dragons were back for 1 second after they defeated the Warriors (barely) and the Panthers (bottom half team, lots of players out). It sickened me when I heard people saying that Dragons are back in Premiership winning form and went into the game against the Tigers as favorites. The Dragons are no where near the team that they were last year, and that won't change in 1 week.

Broncos by 18

Hutty1986

Immortal
I never thought the Dragons were back for 1 second after they defeated the Warriors (barely) and the Panthers (bottom half team, lots of players out). It sickened me when I heard people saying that Dragons are back in Premiership winning form and went into the game against the Tigers as favorites. The Dragons are no where near the team that they were last year, and that won't change in 1 week.

Broncos by 18

:lol: Why not by 48?

Saints fan

Juniors
it only happens what.. every fkin year?

:lol:

Fair comment. My point was if sudden-death footy can't get us up for this game then nothing will. Add to this Wayne and Darius playing against their old club and it should be an intriguing battle.

Sleep

Juniors
The Dragons just looked completely gassed and have no confidence at all. Soward is in career worst form and as a result a lot of their attack is out of sync.

I can't see them turning it around in a week against a team who was well and truly firing up at Suncorp.

I'm expecting more of the same. It'll be an arm wrestle early but once Brisbane get ahead the Dragons get flustered and don't know what to do and bumble their way out of the game.

Hutty1986

Immortal
The Dragons just looked completely gassed and have no confidence at all. Soward is in career worst form and as a result a lot of their attack is out of sync.

I can't see them turning it around in a week against a team who was well and truly firing up at Suncorp.

I'm expecting more of the same. It'll be an arm wrestle early but once Brisbane get ahead the Dragons get flustered and don't know what to do and bumble their way out of the game.

Soward has looked much, much better in the past few weeks. he was atrocious v your mob but has looked a lot sharper since

Firey_Dragon

Coach

Soward was probably our best on the park against the Tigers. The forwards are the problem, not one of them except for creagh made over 60m. It's pretty hard for your backline to shine when such a poor platform is laid for them.

Beachy Eagle

Juniors
Brisbane should win
I have to say they were pretty bloody good against the Warriors, can they produce it again? will they have a bit of a come down after being so good?
Still should win though

ceagle

Bench
Who would Sea Eagles fans rather play the following week? Broncos or Dragons?
Broncos. Dragons always seem to turn up against us and read us like a book, plus they will probably get more fans to the Prelim then us, but we would dominate the Bronco supporters if we faced them in Sydney.

The Dragons wont get past the Broncos anyway.

InThatNumber

Juniors
Fair enough, If I were the Eagles I would want to play the Broncos too. We do seem to get up for the Eagles and we feel form goes out the window when we line up against you. Only those pesky Broncos stand in the way of a classic Sydney prelim... wouldn't it be nice to end Lockys club career this weekend? come on Saints you know you want to!

Hutty1986

Immortal
On current form, Brisbane will towel us up 13+. But I have a feeling we can really turn it around and push them hard. There will be a massive crowd on hand but plenty of Saints supporters & if we can fix our inexplicable second half collapse, we are a chance of an upset. Cooper won't play that badly two weeks in a row & I think Soward's confidence is improving. If we can play the full 80, this could be a classic

Rocket

Juniors
Pretty obvious if the Saints that showed up in the first 40 minutes against the Tigpies show up on Saturday, then we are a decent chance. If we get the second half slowdown it's all over.

I'm just stoked to be going to a match at Lang Park for the first time in nearly 20 years sicne moving south of the border. Grew up going there to see Brisbane Brothers play in the Sunday match of the day and virtually every SOO in the 80s including the first one.

P.S. If the Broncos do make it to the prelims my money is on them to have more fans show up at the SFS than Manly.

thommo4pm

Coach
I'm not sure if or how we can win this match.

I'm always hopeful and know if they play to their potential that they can do it.
I haven't seen that form since we beat Manly though.

AuDragon

Juniors
I'm quietly confident the Broncos will prevail, but by no means will it be a walk in the park. The Dragons have too much quality, and can still beat any team in the comp at their best. Just hoping they won't...

Whatever the result, the Broncos have surpassed my expectations by far this year, and the best thing is that they can only get better in the coming seasons!

Vic Mackey

Referee
plus they will probably get more fans to the Prelim then us, but we would dominate the Bronco supporters if we faced them in Sydney.

Broncos have plenty of Sydney based fans and judging by Saturday night I'd bet they will turn up in more numbers then u lot

Latest posts