What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'11 | Finals Wk 2 | Sat | Broncos 13-12* Dragons | Suncorp

FW2: BRI v STI

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nice Beaver

First Grade
Broncos have plenty of Sydney based fans and judging by Saturday night I'd bet they will turn up in more numbers then u lot

Assuming the game doesn't kick off at nearly 9pm I'd love to have some money on that with you.
Next game is knock out, there'll be a crowd of 35,000+ if its against the Broncos and Manly will have the majority no fear.

renouf

Juniors
Pretty obvious if the Saints that showed up in the first 40 minutes against the Tigpies show up on Saturday, then we are a decent chance. If we get the second half slowdown it's all over.

It has nothing to do with the Dragons "showing up" in the first half. The second half is a completely different game, the Tigers just ran over them because physically the Dragons tired and were basically making no ground. The Dragons forwards have been ordinary for a while now and they are clearly missing Smith and Costigan from last year.

This will be close IMO, I'm expecting some of Brisbane's younger players to be a little more nervous this week given it's sudden death.

InThatNumber

Juniors
Right, so you'd rather play a inform team then an out of form team?
If that out of form team is the Dragons then yes I would not be wanting to play them if I was Manly. Backed up by the comments of two Eagles fans no less after I posed the question.
Manly know Saints can get up to play them in a big match and when their form has been down (as evidenced in Round 16 when Manly were on a hot streak and Saints were poor), Saints would outnumber Manly in support in an all Sydney final and that is not in dispute and Manly showed enough in Round 26 that they would do well against Brisbane were they to have their full compliment of players (which the did not have that night but narrowly lost). So yes, in this instance, were I Manly I would rather play the in form Broncos than the out of form Dragons.

typicalfan

Coach
Dragons are the sleeping giant. Thing is if they beat Brisbane then they would no longer be out of form would they.

This game will stay close in the first half and then the Broncos will murder them in the second...bring it on !!.

Noa

First Grade
Cant win or lose this game.

A team I loathe will be staying, bad, but a team I detest will be leaving, good. Heres to extra-time, the flu and a couple of sprains and muscle tears.

Broncos 19-18

Cant win or lose this game.

A team I loathe will be staying, bad, but a team I detest will be leaving, good. Heres to extra-time, the flu and a couple of sprains and muscle tears.

Broncos 19-18

Heres to the Melbourne team bus driving off a cliff, with only a few minor injuries.

benntash

Juniors
Broncs to win. Dragons do play well at suncorp but are no where near the force they were in 2010. I'm suprised they have got his far with the talent they lost from last season. Hodges to get the first try and Reed the last with another MOM performance from Lockyer. Broncs win 28-10

Jason Maher

Immortal
Just got my ticket. Hopefully someone picks up my shift for Saturday night so I can actually go.

Looking at the current ticket availability, there's little doubt his will be a sellout.

Last edited:

Snappy

Coach
Broncos have name an unchanged team from last wek.

Gerard Beale, Dale Copley, Jack Reed, Justin Hodges, Jharal Yow Yew, Darren Lockyer (c), Peter Wallace, Josh McGuire, Andrew McCullough, Ben Hannant, Alex Glenn, Ben Te'o, Corey Parker. Interchange: Matt Gillett, Ben Hunt, Scott Anderson, David Hala