What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'11 | R18 | Mon | Knights 12-22 Cowboys | Ausgrid #nrlnewcow

R18: NEW v NQL

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BrisVegas

Juniors
I have never been this gutted after an origin win. In fact, after JT went down, I honestly didn't give a f**k if QLD lost. There goes our season.

According to Mal, the QLD Medical staff believe it is Grade 2 Medial damage, typically a 4-6 week recovery frame, so the Cowboy's season isn't necessarily over yet.

jonno_knights

Juniors
Not to discredit Knights but they are having a dream draw. Beat Panthers with key players missing, beat LOL@Roosters and Dragons without origin players. Now they'll play a Thurstonless Cowboys. 4 in a row coming up, dream draw continues.

Yeh, cause we havent missed Gidley, Mullen, Taia, Costigan and DeGois for extended periods this season....

We have won our last three with 2 rookie halves who were 5th and 6th string at the start of the season.

jonno_knights

Juniors
According to Mal, the QLD Medical staff believe it is Grade 2 Medial damage, typically a 4-6 week recovery frame, so the Cowboy's season isn't necessarily over yet.

The ammended couriermail says ACL, season is over for JT.

Is there another injury to explain the ice on the shin?

Im suprised he didn't get a broken leg watching the replay. Thats what I thought it would have been.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Not to discredit Knights but they are having a dream draw. Beat Panthers with key players missing, beat LOL@Roosters and Dragons without origin players. Now they'll play a Thurstonless Cowboys. 4 in a row coming up, dream draw continues.
Well, after copping the exact opposite kind of draw for the last 2-3 years, I think we're overdue for a bit of luck ...

Shorty

Staff member
Any other year I'd be prepared for a large loss, but this year we have a different team.
Matt Scott is a fierce leader and I think he may fire the boys up.

perverse

Referee
if you had seen our draw the past couple of years you would understand just how overdue we are for some luck in that department. i'm happy to be called lucky in this instance. we haven't enjoyed much luck the past 4 or 5 years. our turn now.

i think you'll find the difference in the NRL at the moment between most of the teams that are below the top 4 is how lucky and/or unlucky they get with the draw and injuries. it is what it is, you can only play what is in front of you with whatever resources you have available to you at the time.

you underrate how hard we've been hit by injuries ourselves this year too, though.

Last edited:

jonno_knights

Juniors
Those going about the ease of our draw? the first 8 rounds we had only 2 home games, aswell as away trips to Nth Queensland, Brisbane, Brookvale, Canberra and Melbourne, some of the toughest away games in the league. Of Coarse it was going to even out at some stage.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
I see one of two things happening in this game.

It could very well be a bloodbath. Newcastle are our genuine bogey side and we've had a habit of playing them into form. They're in comfortable surrounds against a severely weakened side. They should come out brimming with confidence and if they were to get on a roll, NQ may not even get a look in.

Or conversely, the NQlders could treat playing without JT as an opportunity to try some new things and look to dominate their opposition in the forwards.

If this were to happen Ray Thompson must take charge in some key areas, such as kicking and moving to the right side of the field. He was kicking well early in the season yet recently has shirked that responsibility. It's time for him to stand up.

Either way, it's too difficult for me to tip NQ this week, just hoping we can play with heart and keep it respectable.

All I want tonight is a good effort by the team I don't expect a win along the loss is respectable and they pull up a good fight I be happy.

Didgi

No try, 1st knock on McManus for mine.

Edit: Sweet, try. I'm not complaining.

Latest posts