What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'12 | 1st EF | Sat 7:45pm | Cowboys 33-16 Broncos | Dairy Farmers

Elimination Final winner: Cowboys v Broncos

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Big Pete

Referee
Cowboys just way too good. Really gave their fans a lot to cheer about and didn't give Broncos much of a chance to fight back. Feel no shame losing to you blokes and I'm sure plenty of Broncos fans will join the bandwagon.

Frustrating game for the Broncos but it's been frustrating for 3 or so months now. Just think we have too many walking wounded at the moment. Hopefully the off-season provides them with the rest they sorely need because there is plenty of talent there.

Gonna miss ya Civoniceiva. A true champion player and it's been an honour to have you represent my club, my state & my country.

BDR

First Grade
y4OJ6.jpg

Thought it was nice our players formed a guard of honour for Petero. Goodbye big man, one of the best ever.

Shorty

Staff member
We love Petero!
I really, really loved seeing Matty Bowen and Brent Tate put on the after burners tonight.
Particularly Brent Tate, it's a painful road back to recovery from his injuries but he's worked hard and is reaping the rewards.

Too bad Broncs...scared me for a while there lol, they're only going to improve.

Jason Maher

Immortal
I was already on the Cowboys bandwagon. Considering the other two teams on their side of the draw are Manly and Melbourne, it's a laydown misere. I hope Souffs can turn it around next week, as a Canterbury vs Souffs preliminary final at ANZ would lift the roof off the place.

Shorty

Staff member
And Cowboys fans used to hate the Tate. :lol:

Times do indeed change.
When he played for Queensland, it's not like you Broncos fans didn't dislike him either.

When he received some bad injuries he seemed to mature his game a lot.
Regardless to come back from 3 knee recons and play well is massive.

Big Pete

Referee

Before your time Didgi.

Shorts - Not entirely true actually. From a Broncos POV, we actually preferred him in a Maroons because he'd step up most of the time. At club he'd frustrate supporters with his ball-hogging and odd clanger of a mistake.

He's definitely become more of a team player since his 2009 injury though and it's glad to see he's getting the respect he deserves.

Apey

Staff member
356759-locky.jpg

That's right, "dictate terms". Feel free to use it when you become a commentator.

Cowboys woo

Juniors
Of course the Cows deserve to be favourites, no issues with that. However their team is only a decent regular season team, they don't have a side ready to play finals footy.

I will be at the game tonight and can't wait for the Broncos to show NQ what a true finals football team looks like.

Should something go seriously wrong (i.e. meteorite takes out Broncos team) then I will still happily barrack for the cowboys further into the finals.

Slammin Sam said they changed the tyres so Broncos have got this, trust me ;)

:lol::lol::lol:

Big Pete

Referee
user_nat said:
Good game Cowboys. Your props were like giants among little girls tonight. If they aren't the starters for Australia I will lol.

Their props were indeed fantastic but our pack never got much of a chance with the ball. They had 10 less sets & 20% less completions with the backs making a number of costly errors.

Latest posts