What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'12 | 2nd PF | Sat | Bulldogs 32-8 Rabbitohs | ANZ

Preliminary Final result: Bulldogs v Rabbitohs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mongoose

Coach
Try watch it again, the decoy player was meters in front of Williams knocking players out of the way. Both Reynolds and Taylor were obstructed, especially Reynolds

Not sure how Williams could dummy to a player in front of him?

It wasn't an obstruction at all. Taylor the big dope could have tackled Williams but fell for the dummy and went to tackle Thompson instead.

natheel

Coach
no way was that an obstruction, williams didn't run behind his player at all. he redirected himself, not his fault they couldn't get him

Didn't you hear? The Bulldogs are the only team in he NRL who get penalised for obstructions. We also have a tonne of articles written about us with obstruction as the theme.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Souths are a chance of winning, and a decent chance. Despite all the crap we give them they are a good side. Personally I hold the dogs, eagles, storm and cowboys a bit above them however it's not every year the best team wins the comp and it's certainly not every year that that best two teams make the grand final.

If both teams play their best I believe the dogs will account for souths with limited trouble. However you never know what might happen, the dogs could have an off night, barba might do his knee in the first minute etc. if the dogs don't play to their full potential then any team with Greg Inglis in it is a chance of upsetting them.

However with des hasler in control I find it impossible to believe that he won't have the dogs fully primed and perfectly prepared for this game. If he does then recent history shows that souths can not match it with the top eshelon.

Moffo

Referee
MOFFO SAID THE RABBITOS WILL HAVE THE DOGGIES FOR LUNCH :o:oops:;-)

6195B_046.jpg

Piss off you smack addict

BranVan3000

Coach
Im not going to pretend I'm confident of winning this one. My highest expectation at the start of this year was a preliminary final. Anything from here on is a bonus. Win or lose I'm going to enjoy the occasion, it's going to be fantastic

natheel

Coach
No excuses. We've been the best team all year and as a fan who doesn't try pulling swifties like X Factor, I'm confident we can push through. We are better than South Sydney.

Bulldogs by 8.

Nope I think you guys are very even

Inglis will want to have a big game

yobbo84

First Grade
I'm confident that if every player on the field from both teams plays as good as they possibly can, then South Sydney will win. No doubt about it we have more brilliant individuals.

However this is a team game and it must be said that Canterbury are the better team.

It should be a cracking match.

thommo4pm

Coach
Im not going to pretend I'm confident of winning this one. My highest expectation at the start of this year was a preliminary final. Anything from here on is a bonus. Win or lose I'm going to enjoy the occasion, it's going to be fantastic

That's how it should be, it's bloody hard to get to the prelim final, so enjoy every moment of it.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
LOL@5(c)uff$

Seriously though, i reckon the bunnies can stay within 6 of the dogs but the dogs in terms of all round team performances are a better side and barring going full genius and forgetting how to catch, tackle and not get penalised (usually happens to teams i punt on) will be on their way to a gf appearance

We have exceeded everyones expectations this year and I have seen us break any number of supposed hoodoo's in the process. All I have heard all year is that Souths can't do this and can't do that. Then, once we've gone and done it anyway, all I've heard is excuses from fans of other teams and the media as to why we shouldn't have but we did. This player was missing, that penalty went our way. Everyone expected us to miss the 8. Then when we were certain of the 8, they expected us to miss the 4. Then when we made the 4 they expected us out in straight sets. We had a set back in week one and everyone wrote us off, yet here we are. Still punching above our weight.

Already the Doggies fans are writing us off. Timmah is so smug about this game that he is thinking about moving to San Francisco and starting to enjoy the smell of his own farts.

We have played the Dogs twice this year and we matched up well against them on both occassions. Sure we have our defensive issues out wide but the Dogs have primarily beaten their opponents up the middle and the middle third is our strength.

We will be looking to test them out up the middle through the likes of Isaac Luke and he will relish the thought of getting amongst the Dogs big forwards.

Yes Barba is a weapon, but we have a weapon up the back as well. Their forwards are more creative than ours but our halves are more creative than theirs. We have more big game experience across the park and another key fact that everyone is overlooking is that the Dogs are the most penalised team in the comp and Souths are the best team at converting penalties into points.

The Doggies strength is Hasler. He knows what it takes and he will do his best to have the Dogs cherry ripe for this. Sure the Dogs are favorites and deservedly so but write us off at your own peril.

Regardless of the result, as a Souths supporter I've had a great season. The best that I can remember. I was around for 87 and 89 but I was only young and can only remember bits and pieces and since then I haven't had much to cheer for until now. I'll be there on Saturday, as I was last Saturday. Hopefully I'll be amongst 35,000 other Souths supporters and 70 odd thousand fans at the match. If we win, I'll be elated, if we lose then I'll be thinking about next year for the first time in 2012. Considering that this usually happens around April / May for me, I'm in rarified air at the moment and I'm enjoying every minute of it.

This game should be an absolute belter and every fan of both teams should be looking forward to it.

Galeforce

Bench
come saturday , Souths will be in the final 3 , come saturday night , Souths have the team to have won their right to the 2012 GF.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Just looking at the crazy souffs stats... no premiership since 1971.. they won their first final in 25 years last weekend. 3 finals games since 1989 (2 of them being beltings). I have had a few lol@souffs but their fans do really deserve a premiership after so many decades of utter sh*t

Mader45

Juniors
We have exceeded everyones expectations this year.

I'd love to agree....but coming 3rd and not winning a premiership changes nothing. I'm viewing this from a Tigers and Dragons perspective. Both clubs most likely won't be competitive for at least another 4-5 years with the position they're in now, but they both had good opportunities to win it for a few years, and the Dragons capitalized.

There's no guarantee your team will stay competitive next year or the years on. Players like Lui at the Tigers are great examples of that. Stable halfback with the world at his feet. Throws it away being an utter d1ck and compromises the team the Tigers had worked for. Similar instances, injuries, politcs unfolding at the club etc could happen to Souths at any notice.

Plan for the future. But while you're still in it accept and aim for nothing less then the very best.

Michael Bishop

Juniors
If they don't clock off then I think Souffs can get up. Bulldogs will be a lot tougher test than the Raiders were though.

Latest posts