What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'12 | R1 | Sat | Raiders 19-24 Storm | Canberra

Round 1 result: Raiders v Storm

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Evenflow

Bench
Very happy with the game today
we had the storm, had em beat, both sides played good footy and smart wet weather footy

Plenty of positives to take out of that game for the raiders. If we show up and play to that level each week, we'll have a home semi imo

To be fair Raider you had the chance to beat us for sure but you never had us beat and there's a big difference. I might sound bias but as long as the score are as close as they are and even if there's only a few minutes to go the Storm are never beat.

Totally agree with there's plenty of positives to take out of it for the Raiders though. Plenty of work to be done before talking about a home semi but if you can put together this season what you've promised so much to do in past seasons but haven't you'll more than hold your own. I actually hope it happens because i'd rather see the Raiders have a bit of success as opposed to several other teams.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Just on the topic of Hayne v Dugan, since parra fans are obsessed with the dugan

NRL stats have Dugan with 193 metres and 8 tackle breaks.... which is 193 metres and 8 tackle breaks more than Hayne so far in 2012.

Yet Dugan still managed to be worse than Hayne this weekend.

The Eels lost because Hayne didn't play; the Raiders lost because Dugan did.

f**king gorgeous.

Raider_69

Post Whore
ive watched a lot of raiders games and i can tell this ive never been this pleased after a loss
like you, i might be biased, and in a game with a one score lead, you can never rule out a team with slater, cronk and smith but i dont think we lose that game had campo not made a pretty basic error

I think we had them and then we made a silly error and gave them a chance. A side as good as the storm will generally take those chances if handed to them.

the storm are the benchmark of the competition i think, and we dominated most of the game imo
we poked our noses but then gave the storm a sniff, and thats all they need with the big 3. I dont think too many teams beat us if we play like that every week. Especially given that Campo and Dugan have plenty of room to improve on their performances today.

I think it was by far the best game of the season so far. Very encouraging game i think

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
At 12-0 down after three minutes I thought Canberra wouldd get rolled. Good effort to come back and hold the lead for a bit.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Yet Dugan still managed to be worse than Hayne this weekend.

The Eels lost because Hayne didn't play; the Raiders lost because Dugan did.

f**king gorgeous.

:lol: Funny stuff.
Parramatta lost because despite shelling out 550k for Chris Sandow, they looked as threatening as a wet lettuce leaf, by far and away, the worst side to play this year. They lost because they have probably the worst roster in the league

By hey, i look forward to seeing you in these threads weekly death riding NSW's #1 fullback, lets be honest, a dugan mistake is about as good as it's going to get for parramatta fans in 2012.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Parramatta lost because despite shelling out 550k for Chris Sandow, they looked as threatening as a wet lettuce leaf, by far and away, the worst side to play this year. They lost because they have probably the worst roster in the league

This from a fan of one of the only clubs worse than us last year.

Wait until your mob plays the Broncos. I'd say they're a slightly better defensive side than the Storm.

By hey, i look forward to seeing you in these threads weekly death riding NSW's #1 fullback, lets be honest, a dugan mistake is about as good as it's going to get for parramatta fans in 2012.

What I'm mostly looking forward to is another Dugan shocker in Origin. It would be worth us losing another series to see that clown look ordinary again.

skeepe

Immortal
Wow. Dugan dropped a few balls in absolutely teeming rain. Big f**king deal. He's human.

Parra fans are the lowest form of life. Even lower than Knights fans.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Parra fans are the lowest form of life. Even lower than Knights fans.

Woah! Woah! Woah!
I know they are pretty f**king insane, but lets not say things we cant take back, yeah?

Poo Poo is just jealous of the dugan

AuDragon

Juniors
The Raiders had their chance, but squandered it and the Storm big players stood tall in the end... That Billy Slater is a freak!

Walt Flanigan

Referee
ive watched a lot of raiders games and i can tell this ive never been this pleased after a loss
like you, i might be biased, and in a game with a one score lead, you can never rule out a team with slater, cronk and smith but i dont think we lose that game had campo not made a pretty basic error

I think we had them and then we made a silly error and gave them a chance. A side as good as the storm will generally take those chances if handed to them.

the storm are the benchmark of the competition i think, and we dominated most of the game imo
we poked our noses but then gave the storm a sniff, and thats all they need with the big 3. I dont think too many teams beat us if we play like that every week. Especially given that Campo and Dugan have plenty of room to improve on their performances today.

I think it was by far the best game of the season so far. Very encouraging game i think

Sums up my thoughts exactly.

I think there's only one thing you can assess from a game like that and in the conditions it was played in.............and that's attitude.

The most disappointing aspect of last season was the players (in general) attitude. But tonight it was spot on. They played the 80 minutes and lost. But...........they played the 80 minutes and I'm pleased with that.

The Storm are our bogey side and we really gave it to them tonight. We lost, yes, but there's a lot to take out of it.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Just a few side notes.....

I have no problem with Bellamy's animation..........it was a hard fought victory and they deserved it.

Dugan's drop ball at the death was terrible but at the same time he saved many trys tonight so can't be too hard on him.

I think the key moment in this game for the Raiders was Campo's miss-kick after the field goal. But at the same time I didn't see the boys play with such a great attitude all of last year and I can only thank Campo's presence for that.

I think we'll have a good season.

Y2Eel

First Grade
Where is Williams poor kid played well at 7 last year should be there instead of Mcrone, who would be a great 14...

Y2Eel

First Grade

You miss the cowboys game?

And why would he be in raiders game threads deathriding Brett Stewert?

Raider_69

Post Whore
at the time of posting, yes i wasnt fully aware of the cowboys awfulness

but hey, good on the eels, 2nd worst team so far in opening week

Raider_69

Post Whore
Where is Williams poor kid played well at 7 last year should be there instead of Mcrone, who would be a great 14...

i would agree with this however about our best halfback.
Williams is a tremendous young halves talent.

Pokemon80

Juniors
Who said Bellamy was being 'tough'?

All anyone is saying is you and shear joy would wanna harden up and stop being f**king skirts getting offended at such petty little things as Bellamy celebrating a win or someone calling the merged entity you support the Stains.

You just answered your own question.

I don't see how me not liking my team being called Stains is throwing a tantrum. Seems to me the only tantrum throwing has been done in this thread because I mentioned I don't like what Bbellamy did.

Would it be more 'professional' of a coach to slap one of his players and drag another player by the jersey like a little kid for the whole ground and tv audience to see as opposed to just celebrating a hard earned win? :lol:

30v19gp.jpg

No it wouldn't, that was embarrasing for the entire club. However Brown apologised for it and it was a one off.

Pokemon80

Juniors
I hate the Storm as much as any decent human but fmd, this criticism of Bellamy for celebrating is stupid. Find something better to troll about.

Such as being an expert on foreskins and bragging about how many sexual encounters I have had?