What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'12 | R1 | Sat | Raiders 19-24 Storm | Canberra

Round 1 result: Raiders v Storm

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Could be worse could support the green machine ;-) Nah i jokes i aint bitter like you guys to be happy when other teams suck :D

In german it's called 'schadenfreude' - pleasure at the misfortune of others.

I know for myself, supporting such an unlucky club, I'm not going to get a lot of satisfaction if the only thing that brings me joy is seeing the Eels succeed.

I'm not about to start following a team that wins all the time, like the Broncos, so what I can instead do is increase the range of rugby league experiences that bring me joy. And that means taking pleasure from the misfortunes of others.

I'm not alone - it's a feature common to sports fans the world over.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Calling people princess because they don't like a coach acting unprofessional when an opposition player drops the ball, then posting Chopper videos asking me to harden up, is acting tough. You might think you are hard because you swear and carry on like a big man on the internet, but I disagree.

Please, for the love of all that's pure, f**k up merkin.

Just f**k your f**ken mouth up.

Raider_69

Post Whore
In german it's called 'schadenfreude' - pleasure at the misfortune of others.

I know for myself, supporting such an unlucky club, I'm not going to get a lot of satisfaction if the only thing that brings me joy is seeing the Eels succeed.

I'm not about to start following a team that wins all the time, like the Broncos, so what I can instead do is increase the range of rugby league experiences that bring me joy. And that means taking pleasure from the misfortunes of others.

I'm not alone - it's a feature common to sports fans the world over.

Hahah, quality
I hate to admit this, but i like you poo poo. You're good value.

Raider_69

Post Whore
To be fair Slater often makes any kicking game look average with the way he reads it.

You guys have alot to look forward to IF your forward pack all stay fit and Dugan and campese fire consistently.

Absolutely, its tough to find ground against billy slater, his speed across the park and his footy IQ gives him a big advantage to get to balls on the full, but in saying that, we could have made life a lot more difficult for him, like at least make him move for it, not kick it straight down his throat

there was a 20 minute period where not only did we kick it down his throat but we put it in a spot where he could literally run on to the ball and be at the 40 before we got near him

to beat melbourne you've got to do better than that in the kicking game and we didnt. And a perfect example of that was the Campese error that handed the game back to the storm.
Had he drilled that ball into the corner, i think we go on to win that game. He made a mistake and then Cronk and Slater showed why they are two of the very best in the game

thorson1987

Coach
Absolutely, its tough to find ground against billy slater, his speed across the park and his footy IQ gives him a big advantage to get to balls on the full, but in saying that, we could have made life a lot more difficult for him, like at least make him move for it, not kick it straight down his throat

there was a 20 minute period where not only did we kick it down his throat but we put it in a spot where he could literally run on to the ball and be at the 40 before we got near him

to beat melbourne you've got to do better than that in the kicking game and we didnt. And a perfect example of that was the Campese error that handed the game back to the storm.
Had he drilled that ball into the corner, i think we go on to win that game. He made a mistake and then Cronk and Slater showed why they are two of the very best in the game

A few seasons back the Titans had it all worked out. Every kick they either put out or sent it over the dead ball line.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
When I swear I do it in a languid, derisive manner. This is the attitude with which I have been addressing you.

Don't mistake swearing for fury. f**kwit.

_Johnsy

Referee
Bottom line is canberra were robbed. A disgraceful decision, Campese's pass was fine.

Refs hand melbourne another win.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Bottom line is canberra were robbed. A disgraceful decision, Campese's pass was fine.

Refs hand melbourne another win.

i think the referee's lack of control in the ruck was ultimately the deciding factor. I truly believe in that game the better team lost. Outiside of the first 15 minutes, we were the dominate team.

Hard lessons learnt though, we cant be slow out of the blocks like we were with the storm and we've got to eliminate dumb mistakes. Inspite of the referee we still should have won the game, we didnt because we gave a team stacked with quality players one last chance to snatch the game. We cant give good teams those chances

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I bet you scare all the kids with that tough swearing.

Manchild.

Yeah we get it, your tactic is to question someone else's masculinity on the internet. How original.

One would ask why you're so obsessed with masculinity but it's obvious you're a very sad and frustrated little man.

If you're going to throw insults at least be entertaining you f**king amateur. Otherwise go back to lurking. merkin.

Pokemon80

Juniors
Yeah we get it, your tactic is to question someone else's masculinity on the internet. How original.

One would ask why you're so obsessed with masculinity but it's obvious you're a very sad and frustrated little man.

If you're going to throw insults at least be entertaining you f**king amateur. Otherwise go back to lurking. merkin.

You shouldn't dish it out if you can't take it, dickless wonder. ;)

Y2Eel

First Grade
You shouldn't dish it out if you can't take it, dickless wonder. ;)

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooosh

d-day-flyover.GIF

Can mods please ban PouPou (and most Eels fans) from posting in any Canberra Raiders related threads? Every thread related to the Raiders he enters, it becomes derailed and he attempts to spearhead anti-Dugan shit everywhere. Just becomes boring and monotonous. I don't care if this means Raiders fans get banned from Parramatta related threads, as to be fair, we don't give a shit about your club and thus wouldn't affect us.

Latest posts